Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:
I’m the idiot for being half awake trying to yell at someone on the internet. RIP post

cuedotcom fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

@duckman. Haven’t had insurance on a phone since my droid maxx. Flipped a Pixel 2 XL to get an iPhone 8+. Since the back is all glass, is the 13/mo worth? I’m on a solo line. A insurance would put me around 100/mo. Talk me into/out of it.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Vzw gave me $370 for my Pixel 2 XL. Paid the difference in cash, own the phone outright, brand new. I still have 60 days to decide

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

I think I want to return it and get the red variant coming on Friday. Not because I’m a good person, I just really like the red. You said there was a secret 6.75 option for coverage? On the app it says it’s 13?

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

Right, select more options and select WPP (wireless phone protection). Or call care.

As long as you are within 14 days they’ll swap it as long as there is inventory, they will charge a $35 fee.

What’s the difference between WPP and TMP?

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Went and got the red iPhone this morning. Pictures online do this thing no justice. The Ferrari red is very sexy. Picked up the protection plan also. Simply because of the glass back. Not upset.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Worst case you call CS and manually add the IEMI # over the phone. 20m max

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

Verizon mobile, Verizon messages, and one other one I can’t think of. You should be able to delete or disable.

Unfortunately Verizon will only give the credit over 2 years so customers don’t cut and run. So it’s $35 a month with a $12.50 credit over two years.

Still a good promo.

The Corp store I got my iPhone 8 from let me pay off the difference right away after trade in. Weird

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

Did you pay off $850 or $550?

I traded my pixel and got 370. Paid the remaining 450ish. Didn’t wait a month. Did it that day. No problems no questions.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

@Duck, if you wanna look it up idc. Toss me a pm if you’re so inclined.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

So I just got offered a promo: $700 off a new iPhone if I trade in my 8plus. Any reason I shouldn’t jump on this? Is it model specific ? Is Touch ID coming back this fall ?

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

I’ve got about $220 in Verizon bux, could I stack them and just swipe for what’s left to avoid the x amount added to the bill over y time? Haven’t done any vzw shenanigans since getting my 8+

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

2743 mbps down
203 mbps up
19 ping
31 jitter

Too lazy to embed an image. Those were my results on my first 5g Ultra Wideband test in downtown St. Petersburg yesterday. I saw other results hitting close to 2k down as well. LTE/5G indoors anywhere from 55-125 down also. Very impressive.

iPhone 12 mini

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

So I watch the vzw Reddit pretty closely and I gotta say, there are so many whiny posts. Is everyone by and large on the start unlimited plan and just baffled that they have no priority? Are people so far in the sticks? Genuinely curious as to why so much dissatisfaction.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Unfortunately I was forced to taste the joy of cricket wireless for 2 months. COVID-19 :captainpop:

Verizon is superior. Anyone who cries otherwise just baffles me tbh.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Apparently I’ve used around 105gb of data this cycle. If there’s depriortizatioan, I don’t notice it. :circlefap:

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Just in the interest of time going to post this as it is exactly what I am experiencing currently:

https://www.reddit.com/comments/12gmjyz?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_content=1&utm_term=15

Upgraded from a 12 mini to a 13 mini. I can get data 5G / UW / LTE. No sms or carrier calling in or out. Pending ticket as of Thursday, calling in tomorrow morning via Skype to try and see if there’s any new information.

Everyone doesn’t have an iPhone. Thankfully iMessage and FaceTime run on data but this is becoming very problematic. Can’t re auth 2 form via text cause no sms. Has anyone experienced anything similar to the OP/ myself? I’ve even done a phone swap.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Ok so after dealing with Verizon T2 and whatever is over that, I have now been transferred to Apple and upgraded to a senior Apple supervisor. While literally on the phone with her, all of these problems resolved and broke themselves while she could hear the calls go from calling out to call failed.

I am going on 4 hours and now must abandon the process to get to work.

I’m literally going crazy.

I am now having issues with iMessage and FaceTime in addition to the op issue.

Wild.

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

Update. After a week of banging my face against the wall and dozens of hours of customer service calls/store visits I discovered a partial remedy by complete accident at 2 am.

esim needs to be provisioned. Remove physical sim. Turn on airplane mode, and make sure Wi-Fi is enabled when disabling airplane. For some reason the phone needs Wi-Fi to reconnect to the voice portion of the network, which I believe runs through LTE. Disabling airplane mode without Wi-Fi , you will have data access like normal but carrier calls and sms will resume failing.

This has to be a bug. There’s no reason the phone should need Wi-Fi to establish connection to the voice only pipeline of LTE. Doubly so considering data functions normally. Considering this issue has followed me between two devices it must be either specific to the mini or something with current Verizon version and or ios version.

Apple ran multiple diagnostics and found no hardware anomalies.

I’m also not convinced this could be tied to a setting on the iPhone or Verizon provisioning.

Settings > Cellular > Turn on this line.

Something in there. As this is the eSim portion of the cellular settings.

Good news is I know what to do if I lose cellular service going forward. Bad news is getting off a plane may cause issues if I can’t reconnect to voice without hunting down Wi-Fi. Public Wi-Fi is cancer. I pay for expensive pocket internet for a reason.

Verizon cs also credited my account for the days my phone was malfunctioning. Which makes up for the vz rep I was speaking with last night who just flat out hung up on me.

I have an apple engineering ticket that I’m going to also address with this info and have also shared it with the Verizon t2 I spoke with yesterday.

If anyone else experiences this issue I hope this information helps. A week without a working phone number is a hell I wish on no one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

eSim still needs wifi after losing signal / airplane mode? This is now the issue. If that’s the case then this is really stupid.

Now that eSim has been whitelisted does that mean it bumped the physical sim ? Or would I be able to swap it back and attempt to use the physical sim over the eSim. Or will that gently caress this all up

e2: physical sim gives data but no voice. eSim def needs Wi-Fi every time you disconnect completely, to correctly reprovision smgdh

I just don’t understand why Verizon would lock voice only

cuedotcom fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 12, 2023