Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Is there any reason verizon wouldn't think my pixel 3xl that I've been using on their prepaid service for a few months isn't a "smartphone"? I was hoping to get in on that $250 rebate for the bring your own phone promotion but I've just been getting a runaround for a month from people even after sending in info that I was using this phone on Fi before switching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Aha, I don't remember how I wound up on that rebate page but I thought it was linked from the prepaid plan page, but I must have just stumbled onto it somewhere.

Still would have been nice for anyone on these emails I sent when I was being confused about this to have replied saying it just wasn't a prepaid promotion instead of stringing me along, so thanks for clearing that up!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I'm having some issues trying to update to the new prepaid plans to get that loyalty discount. When trying to look at them on either website or the app on the phone I'm getting weird errors, things like if I go to the "change plan" page there's no new plans, a few of the pages warn me that my phone and sim aren't paired (even though the IMEI shows as in use, and this is an iphone that I bought direct from apple which works fine on verizon), and going to the features page sometimes logs me out or redirects me to that "sim and phone aren't paired" warning, which doesn't actually do anything when I click the pair button.

I'm guessing I'm going to just have to call the prepaid help line and try and get someone to unfuck my account, but are there any tricks that I might need to try first? Is my iphone not being on 13.6 potentially going to gently caress with things for example?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Despair posted:

I'm having some issues trying to update to the new prepaid plans to get that loyalty discount. When trying to look at them on either website or the app on the phone I'm getting weird errors, things like if I go to the "change plan" page there's no new plans, a few of the pages warn me that my phone and sim aren't paired (even though the IMEI shows as in use, and this is an iphone that I bought direct from apple which works fine on verizon), and going to the features page sometimes logs me out or redirects me to that "sim and phone aren't paired" warning, which doesn't actually do anything when I click the pair button.

I'm guessing I'm going to just have to call the prepaid help line and try and get someone to unfuck my account, but are there any tricks that I might need to try first? Is my iphone not being on 13.6 potentially going to gently caress with things for example?

FYI this turned out to be caused by the sim card I had, which was just too old to support some part of the new plans (it was the sim card I got with my first 4g phone years and years ago, so no surprise).

New sim card swapped in and everything works great again.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

redeyes posted:

Huh ok. I have no clue then. I guess Ill get the new sims, try em, and if nothing return phone. Bummer. Nice phone.

Fwiw when I had some weirdness with my iPhone (visual voicemail not working, Verizon app doing all sorts of weird things) getting a new sim fixed everything up.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I had good luck using the web chat to just ask for a sim, only took a few minutes to have a new one in the mail with no charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

null_pointer posted:

SMS still uses cellular networks, and I still need at least one bar in order to use wifi calling. Zero bars meant no calls whatsoever, and one bar meant "good luck sending anything but text in your text messages!"

For what its worth I regularly call and text with no cell access (literally underground in a mine) and its worked seemlessly for years with both verizon and tmobile.