Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
I am switching two lines from a post paid to prepaid. Is it easiest to just go into the verizon store or call to do this? I tried doing it online and I got to check out but it would not let me because I already have a Verizon number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

Call it in, the stores will not want to help you with it.

I spent an hour on the phone Saturday getting switched from post to prepaid and at the end of the call they told me I should be getting an email and some texts confirming the change. I haven't got anything yet. Is it usually this much of a pain to switch?

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011
Was hoping for some advice before I try to straighten this out... Ahead of the holidays we went into an official Verizon store to get a phone for one of our kids and get two watches for other kids. The sales person basically just lied to us to get us to transfer from prepaid accounts to a contract plan saying the monthly cost would be the same. It's over $100 more and we lost our prepaid loyalty discounts if we go back.

We were told we would get one of the watches for free and we didn't. We were told they would waive the activation fees and they weren't (have already been in once about this). The taxes and fees are like four times what they are on a prepaid plan. We went back in and were told that the manager does the discounts at the end of the day and two days later nothing.

Is it better to go through the corporate help system or go back to the store to try and get this fixed? I am pretty mad and honestly considering switching providers and have been with Verizon forever.

Cascadia Pirate
Jan 18, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

You can reply here or PM me.

What was your prepaid plan?

What postpaid plan did they put you on?

What plan were you wanting to be (unlimited , not unlimited , premium data, etc?) ?

Are you in any of these categories: military, teacher, nurse or first responder ?

Which phone and watch(es) did you get?

The act fees one way or the other someone will waive. The watch Se was free on a postpaid plan with purchase of phone, so if it was that one of them would be free.

Tax and fees is tough, it def would be more on postpaid. That said, $100 total more sounds way more than I would expect, so I don’t mind checking the numbers.

Going back to prepaid there will be no way that I am aware of to get those pricings back.

We had two 15 gb plans and two $10 post paid watch accounts. This is plenty of data for us.

We ended up with 3 unlimited phone plans and three watch plans. Total for the first month is $414 which includes the activation fees.

We got an iPhone 14 and an apple watch.

Work does not qualify for a discount.

My main frustration is the stores are staffed only by salespeople and they specifically look at our account and said they could upgrade us and it wouldn't cost any more than we were paying now. They also lied to us twice about waving the fees and about the free watch applying to a less expensive plan.