Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Hey duck man, I’m on the (old) New Verizon Plan Unlimited, from when they first brought unlimited back, with 3 smartphone lines. My wife is a teacher, but it looks like this plan is not eligible for the new teacher discount. Is that correct? Are the gaggle of more recent unlimited plans cheaper or more expensive? Do they adjust my throttle caps or something in a way that’s unfavorable, or are there any other unadvertised downsides? Also does this teachers discount stack with the auto pay discount?

Thanks

Right now my plan is $110 (-$10 for auto pay) + $20 +$20 +$20 for $160 total. It says that the top “get more” plan is $56.66 per line (I hate this formatting) which is actually more expensive, and I’m guessing they are loving with my video streaming or throttle caps or something on top of that. The “do more” plan is a little cheaper but I’m not sure what I’m giving up for that.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

Just checked, only the new plans qualify. Here's the break down:

Your plan:
$110 + $20 * 3 = $170. $160 with autopay

Play unlimited is the same exact data as your unlimited:
$65 * 3 = $195 .
w/ autopay it is $55 * 3 = $165

Teacher discount for 3 lines is $25 off (total, not each). So basically, if you don't do autopay stay where you are at. if you are cool with autopay (with debit/checking, not credit card), go to play more with the discount.

i would add the discount either way just so its there. go to
vzw.com/teachers

it'll prompt to verify via ID.me , it'll ask for her teacher certificate.

Oops, you responded to me in May and I never checked the thread again. Thank you for taking the time!

I’m back with a new question (and bookmarking the thread this time). Anyone know when this iPhone 12 trade in program ends? I have two payments left on my X (with a half-off bill credit) and I’d like to delay the order until at least one of them clears. Also, do I need to be on one of the new unlimited plans to take advantage of the $460 trade in value?

Also, I guess I should just change to Play Unlimited anyway? I have a year of Disney+ free that’s about to run out, so that’d add on to the savings. I do use auto-pay.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 14, 2020

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

Promos weren’t announced during my work hours yesterday , so hopefully they’re updated where I’ll know more specifics today.

Thanks!

What’s the difference between Play More and Do More? They seem to be the same price, but the latter includes cloud storage and half off connected device line access? Why would anyone do Play More?

Also, one of the differences between this plan and my normal unlimited plan is that it defaults to 480p video, but I can change it to 720p. Is this done on their website or do they mean just change my preferences in the YouTube/Netflix app itself?

Looks like I can put my mom on some basic plan since she uses like 100MB a month, that makes it even cheaper.

Edit - ok, I went for it. I did a Do More and a Play More (this is such a dumb separation) and a Starter. It made me surrender my half-off iPhone X Black Friday device credit which seems like bullshit to me since that wasn’t a plan discount, it was a device discount. But I was paying off the last two payments anyway so whatever.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 14, 2020

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Did the trade in programs get worse in the last 24 hours? I was looking to trade my wife’s SE2 for an iPhone 12 or 13. I thought I’d wait for the MSRP to be adjusted based on the apple presentation, but it looks like they also reduced the trade in value?

What’s the most cost effective way to do this? She doesn’t want a pro or the latest model. Her line is on “5G Play more,” I’m on “5G Do more,” and I have another line on “5G Start”

Thanks in advance!

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Thanks for the info, duckman!

Edit - whoops, there are others in need at bottom of last page