Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm thinking of swapping away from att to Verizon. I noticed they have some sweet deals right now including a year fee eof Playstation plus.

I can't figure out how to maneuver their website and deal with trade ins though...am I just being a idiot or is it purposely convuluted to get people to go to a store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Posting again sorry. So I went to my loan Verizon wireless authorized reseller and they offered me this deal which seems too good to be true

Trade in
IPhone xr
IPhone xr
Samsung galaxy s10e

Get
IPhone 12
Iphone 12
Samsung galaxy s20fe
Apple watch se gold

$900 gift card

$220 per month before tax

I feel like this is too good to be true.... What's the catch?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Id rather hook up a goon, I just have to figure out the website to get it to do what I want. I don't have pms couls I email you

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks for the help duckman. i didnt know you were a flyers fan also so that makes you double cool.

trying to get the cart to show a 300 gift card per line though; right now its just showing 100 rip. if i talk to a chat person is that going to remove your commission

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duckman owns thabks for all the help

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Got my phones in yay. I haven't r Ed ceived a trade in box yet though, does that usually come later?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Verizon support is pretty good so far, I'm surprised. Got my phones in but for some reason my line can't receive texts from like capital one, walmart etc. They're looking into it though which is good I guess!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How often do cool new deals pop up like that

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duckman2008 posted:

The PlayStation promo is super new, so unsure. It goes until Dec 31st if I remember right.

Verizon has basically been trying to give out deals like one year of PlayStation, 6 months Apple Music, free Disney+, basically as ways to keep customers on higher plans and from switching away. They’re now doing something with Discovery + as well. Verizon keeps customers, doesn’t have to roll out their own content (which would likely fail), they’re probably getting this stuff at a discount from Disney, PlayStation, etc, and Disney and all get more subscribers. Probably win win.

My guess (which is probably obvious), is that whatever their numbers see as getting the best reception they will keep , stuff that doesn’t work goes by the wayside, with the other part being the content providers have to keep wanting to do said deals.

Sweet thanks duckman. What's the discovery+ thing?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Verizon says the phone I traded in was broken and got $0 credit...but when I mailed it it was almost like new :v. Do I have any chance of getting this overturned?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, it was all turned off. It was a android also.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the help. I called them and they said the rep I talked to was lieing and it was actually going to be credited the full amount. I'll wait and see waht they do. I also had another issue where one iphone wasn't credit the full $700 but I guess they were going to resolve that too.

I'll keep you all in the loop. Love love love Verizon so far though, such a great service compared to AT&T

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet thanks for the heads up. Is there any good use for play points

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Our 5g doesn't ever work, like I have to go into settings and force LTE to get any actual seevice to work. Is this a common thing with 5g?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not sure but our phones say 5g when we supposedly have it. I am in rural new Hampshire so I doubt we actually have it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yay duckman. You rule and tbh verizon rules.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Quick question actually. Is it possible to use several gift cards to pay a bill online or do I have to call verizon to do it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweet thanks duckman. I don't have autopay on so that's not a big deal, although I should do that lol.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
duckman i owe like ~$500 on my pixel 5 from a few months ago, I want to pay it off and was kinda considering swapping to a iphone 12. Is there any deal I can make use of or am I considered "already in the system" and if I pay off and trade in the phone im still gunna have to pay full price for the iphone?

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that I believe it's okay more I can double check and get back to you.