Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

So I am looking to buy a phone for work to be used by one of our remote employees, but not as much as a phone but more for the hotspot functionality. As such we will be starting a new line (the company's first) and getting a phone with it. The #1 requirement is of course going to be hotspot functionality and we'll need a plan with it. Data usage will be fairly low overall and bandwidth requirements are not a priority in part because it'll mostly just be updating small spreadsheets to our network and I expect that oftentimes the employee will be on the network fringe anyways.

Priorities for the phone:
1) Hotspot Capability/reliability
2) Battery Life
3) Drop/damage protection options

Something that doesn't get *too* hot while doing this would also be a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Duckman2008 posted:

Any phone will do mobile hotspot. Probably best bet is the Moto Z3, they’ll give it to you half off as a new customer and signing 2 year contract.

The question is are you expanding devices in the future? One line for business plans is the same as consumer plans, $90 for unlimited and 15GB of hotspot.

Once you get to 4 lines (phones, tablets, doesn’t matter), you can sign up for business unlimited, which is $45 a line for that same plan.

Insurance is $9 a month for Total Equipment Protection.

Let me know if you have any questions, I work with business accounts like that all the time.

Likely in the future but I was thinking about just doing the basic Go Unlimited plan for the time being. For the moment I would be rather surprised if this line used more than even 1GB of hotspot a month.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Moved post.