Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Can I easily return an iPhone X if i cannot flip it locally for a sizable profit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

The Verizon insurance sucks. I don’t know why anyone would get it.

Expensive.

Easy to track lost phones with find my iPhone.

Easy phone to secure from thieves.

Can’t just go to the Apple store for same day fixes and diagnosis.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah I can’t say having a phone stolen or go missing is something that has happened since the iCloud stuff was rolled out in either organization I’ve worked for, which is anecdotal but across over 100 people.

I mean, cool I guess, but not seeing the value proposition for anyone except the guy who posts the thread and works for the company offering it.

Also, the number of accidental damage or general problems that required a trip to the Apple store are very, very frequent.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Hi, I said it was cool if it worked for him. It’s a $1,000+ device, so not bad for 6 months. That being said, for the record, I don’t personally get insurance.

Also, go gently caress yourself. Don’t post here when you next drop and break your phone.

Cool attitude. Glad someone who disagrees with you, has completely justifiable reasons for it (and has no skin in the game, fwiw) can just go gently caress themselves.

And I’m not sure why I would post? I will just make an appointment and get it fixed, likely same day, for a much smaller deductible.

Much love for Verizon though, great service.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah, Verizon totally isn’t going to push their own third party insurance contracts, which bill monthly, and are sources of profit for the company.

http://m.sfgate.com/business/article/Asurion-cell-phone-insurer-reaping-profit-3246308.php

Compared to AppleCare, which doesn’t offer much if any of a kickback given the price is equal to buying from Apple directly.

All good. Sorry, OP, for implying that your motivations may not be 100% pure and unbiased.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

He said AppleCare would run him 400, not that he had brought up and knew all aspects about it. He didn’t mention how it is usually an overwhelmingly better choice that people don’t understand how to purchase because their cell phone providers don’t make it very obvious or easy. Nor should they, by the way, they’re a business and there are financial and non financial benefits for selling it compared to a non-Verizon plan. I get that. But TEC has one use case (you lose a phone and find my iPhone fails you and you don’t have renters insurance or another method of coverage). The rest pretty clearly sided with Apple.

And yeah, I’ll call out anyone in a thread that fails to point out the benefits of other services. Sorry that is offensive to you. Try VZ customer service chat instead?

You should also try not having children as friends on Facebook. “Can I borrow a phone”.... really? And of course all of those are people that lost the phone and didn’t drop/spill/run it over or whatever people that post about borrowing phones need to do that would be more cheaply and quickly fixed by having AppleCare vs TEC coverage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

All good.

People who buy phones outright and don’t need insurance: cool and good

People who lose phones and want to protect themselves: cool and good

People who choose the option that works for them after considering all options: cool and good

Everyone ok, now?

sellouts fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 2, 2017