Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Hey Duckman I hope you can shed some light on this in regards to iPhone X orders.

So myself and other people who have ordered on Verizon's site for the iPhone X mostly opted to keep our original plan. Much more so if we're hanging on to the grandfathered unlimited data plans. After receiving confirmation emails people have noticed this:

https://imgur.com/a/AttLU (not my image)

More specifically near the bottom lines that reads

quote:

2GB Data Bundle with Personal Email

Now obviously people are trying to keep their unlimited. Is this some kind of mistake? Do I have to go and cancel my order and end up waiting a month? In ordering the phone there was only a "keep original plan" for our Nationwide xxx minutes plan and no "keep old data plan" option but it showed a list with 2GB through maybe 12GB of personal data under device protection. I hope this isn't the case.

Help me man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Sadly no.

Ugh that’s a weird one. You are supposed to be able to get phone on payment plan and keep that old old unlimited plan. I would advise being proactive, I would call customer care and confirm you aren’t losing your plan.

I haven’t seen anything saying that old unlimited can’t upgrade, but those plans are so rare I also don’t see them often anymore.

Already cancelled my order. Someone on the customer service line just said to call in when I get my phone and they should straighten it out. Not sure if I trust them to not gently caress things up so I'll just wait for loving ever to get the phone from Apple. Waiting is one thing. Losing my old old UDP and trying to get it back is an uphill battle that I'll likely not win.

And I was buying it outright too so I don't even know why it's asking me about changing my plan.

Thanks for the help though Duckman

averox fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 27, 2017

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

Hey man, I’m just trying to stop the derail.

Let’s go back to what the next month or two will inevitably be: complaining about iPhone X inventory.

I'm already in the back of the line at Apple because of that weird phone plan fuckery. I wonder what my local (read: an hour round trip) corporate Verizon store's stock will be...

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey Duckman what's your opinion on the February Unlimited plan? My grandfathered unlimited data plan's contract has finally lapsed and Verizon took no time in putting the +$20 fee on. I'm hearing that this Feb UDP plan is unlimited calls, texts, 10GB hotspot 4G, and 22GB 4G or something before you're subject to slower speeds and prioritization (or unless there's heavy congestion everyone gets hit with prioritization) or something like that.

Paying about $108 a month now for a 450 minutes, grandfathered UDP, 1,000 texts plan.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ah dang. I'm at a crossroad here mostly because I don't like paying the additional $20 a month but the other options aren't amazing. And realistically hotspot would be neat but I don't think I'd use it anyways.