Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So maybe someone can help me with this bit of Verizon accounting -

Bought S20 Ultra 128 gig on 4/25/20 on 2 yr payment thing via Best Buy, $50/month, paperwork from BB states $1200 financed
Am now investigating paying off phone early, Verizon website tells me I've paid $300, have $1099 remaining balance.
I cannot find anything anywhere (either from BB or Verizon) clearly stating that I'm getting ~$8.33/month off, there is a mention of a $200 "down payment" in the BB paperwork that I'm pretty sure I didn't actually make ?

I'm curious about this and its entirely possible I didn't read something all the way or mis-interpreted something.

Also really need to get off of my ancient 2gb shared data plan with 2 phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

I have 2 lines on Verizon so that's why I'm asking this here.

I've personally using Android for well over 5 years at this point so I don't keep up on iPhones much, but my SO has an iPhone 6 that might finally be on its way out. I need to know what the current (or close to current) gen model is that is the cheap and small one ? Overall performance/camera stuff isn't a factor (and given the possible model jump it'd be a huge upgrade anyway) but the physical size is.

Also are there any data plans out there other than 5 and 10 gb ? Specifically thinking more than 10gb but not Unlimited ? I've been limping along on 2gb month/shared for 4+ years but since I got a S20 Ultra+ 6 months ago I've been having to start dipping into the collection of 1 gb bonus data tokens from Verizon UP that I've accumulated. Keeping the per month cost down is the priority. Thanks!

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

Post your plan here and I can tell you whether you should stay or leave said plan.

It's listed on the bill as "The new Verizon Plan Small 2 GB" for $35 a month + $40 for 2 lines access - this is the plan I got going on 5 years ago. Also, I don't have auto-pay or paperless billing turned on (which I probably should).

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

So when can we start pestering you about Samsung Galaxy S23s ? Is there usually any sort of deal/trade-in thing on new phones ? Current phone is a paid for S20 Ultra 5G.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

I bought an S23 Ultra (Unlocked) from Amazon to replace my 20 Ultra (starting to have hardware issues with the USB plug after 3.5 years), is swapping the phones around something doable online or should I go to a local Verizon retail place ? And if anyone happens to know will Samsung Smart Switch be able to move data that's on an SD card ? s20 has a slot, s23 does not.