Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

sherif holmes :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

AriadneThread posted:

sherif holmes :ohdear:

Shhhhhh! Don't say anything. You'll jinx him.

Anyway... I *love* that spell that transported everyone at the show to the "I love you, even though I've done all these horrible things to you!" drunk. I'm sure you young whippersnappers out there can make the appropriate drug reference here. Ecstasy, Molly, whizbangers, nipsy dazers (w/ or w/o the scooter stick), getting all potted up on weed... I don't know. But it was a cool scene.

And the Rowdy 3 are back! I wonder if anyone will comment on how many of them there are.

I'm liking what they're doing with Amanda. I also like how there is a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater in the house within a house, and that the wet circles Todd found at the beginning in the garage is actually apparently a thing.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Didn't think they'd be able to top the first season but this is even better so far. I hope they manage to get it all satisfyingly tied up at the end. And I hope it gets renewed.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This was a particularly good episode in an already great season.

The Rowdy 3 coming out 3...2...1 was inspired. Sherlock and Tina continue to be great. Bart realizing she was once a kid...

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

A nice callback to one of the best parts of season 1 as well- the villain realizing he has absolutely no idea what is going on.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why did she roll the entire concert?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Jade Eshete would be the perfect casting for Agent 355.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Why did she roll the entire concert?

She wanted a "make them all peaceful" spell, so she could walk between them all unhindered and murder Dirk, but since she was improvising it didn't quite turn out that way.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"wait, are they doing the ewok thing?"
"oh my god they're doing the ewok feast"
"they're doing the jedi ghosts nod" :vince:

Also I'm so into the Rowdy 3. Bobo Del Ray can destroy my furniture any time.

double nine fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 13, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Awesome final 5-10 minutes. Except RIP? sheriff

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dirk has been kind of annoying this season.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah he's been a big ole baby. Thankfully rest of team (?) stepped up. I'm thinking last 2 episodes are going to be righteous.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah he's been a big ole baby. Thankfully rest of team (?) stepped up. I'm thinking last 2 episodes are going to be righteous.

Aren't there 4 to go?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Waltzing Along posted:

Dirk has been kind of annoying this season.

Cut him some slack, he's undergoing a MAJOR identity crisis.

Having (semi) competent people around him has driven home how superfluous his own actions are. His KEWL FATE POWERZ work regardless of what he does, so he could be a Magic Rock and have as much efficacy in solving the mystery. That's what made his triggering of Arnold Cardenas so sad. He figured something out! He put the clues together! He actually did something! ... and it puts his friends in danger and send poor Arnold to the hospital.

Depending on how dark they want to get with it, a suicidal Dirk who the universe literally won't let die would be :stonklol:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Waltzing Along posted:

Aren't there 4 to go?

Hm, entirely possible.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
OK... I think it's wonderful how Mr. Priest is reacting to each and every increasingly impossible escape he's facing. When Amanda and Vogel ended up transported to another dimension via bathtub, he was outside the building... close, but no cigar. This time, he was on the other side of a thin wall and easy-to-open door... and he missed Dirk and Todd by milliseconds.

And he's delighted that the chase can go on. At least, that's how I'm reading it. He's the incarnation of all of those talks you get in office jobs about how problems are really just opportunities.... just distill all that bullshit into a gelatinous liquid and pour it on a big pile of guns and printed-out Reddit and YouTube comments... and you get Mr. Priest.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I loving love how they call the pink haired dude Panto.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Ken is coming along nicely as a future villain.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

so who the hell is the boy? It's not ... it can't be Todd, surely?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

double nine posted:

so who the hell is the boy? It's not ... it can't be Todd, surely?

There was that boy in the cage with Amanda when they were captured a few episodes ago. He was talking about how he ran away and shouldn't have, wasn't he?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

'What about the civilians and accomplices?'
-'Project Icarus is the priority.'

uhhh Ken, buddy, what are you doing?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think he is just glad to have some semblance of freedom and wants to help the idiot. Kinda reminds me of Wilson Wilson on Utopia. Different reasons of course.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Ken is an ultimate survivor. He's not a bad guy, but he's not a good one either. Remember how he eventually got completely chill with Bart's MURDER EVERYONE schtick? Ken does what he needs to do. Plus, he only met Dirk &co. the one time.

I appreciate this season's villains far more than the first season's ones. Suzie is a really fun character, Mr. Priest is Alan Tudyk having a GREAT TIME, and John Hannah brings charm and gravitas to the Mage, as well as existential crisis.

Amanda learning how to be a witch is a delightful development, especially when the wise lady taunts her to get her to do something with "I thought you were punk", and she's all "I AM PUNK", and pulls a knife out of her imagination.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Spatula City posted:

Ken is an ultimate survivor. He's not a bad guy, but he's not a good one either. Remember how he eventually got completely chill with Bart's MURDER EVERYONE schtick? Ken does what he needs to do. Plus, he only met Dirk &co. the one time.

I mean, it's not like anybody is going to die who isn't supposed to die, right?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I think he is just glad to have some semblance of freedom and wants to help the idiot. Kinda reminds me of Wilson Wilson on Utopia. Different reasons of course.

It's a travesty we never got a third season, so we could have evil Mr Rabbit Wilson Wilson.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Incidentally, the music for Dirk Gently is done by the same guy that did Utopia.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

This time, he was on the other side of a thin wall and easy-to-open door... and he missed Dirk and Todd by milliseconds.

My :10bux: say this time they're stuck in the bed beeing all quiet and hoping Priest does not hear them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is that a toxx?

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Is that a toxx?

It is a bet I offer to the guy I quoted :v:

(Edit: not that seriously tbh, but I'd honor my side if he agrees to it and has a Paypal - but I guess not everyone has a small bet culture like some European countries do.)

dogboy fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 22, 2017

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

dogboy posted:

It is a bet I offer to the guy I quoted :v:

(Edit: not that seriously tbh, but I'd honor my side if he agrees to it and has a Paypal - but I guess not everyone has a small bet culture like some European countries do.)

I"m afraid I can't take the bet, and I wouldn't dream of considering this a toxx. I'm from Illinois, the American Midwest, and here what you said would be considered... I don't know, more of a turn-of-phrase, not a serious small bet. Like, seeing a couple of people arguing in a public place, one guy might whisper to his friend who is also witnessing the event, "I bet you $10 she throws the drink in his face." Whether it happens or not, no money changes hands--it was just a joke. Unless... well, if the guy being offered the joke bet says "you're on," and if they then shake hands or get out $10 from their wallets... then the bet is on.

Besides, didn't the preview show them in Whendemore?

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

tarlibone posted:

I"m afraid I can't take the bet, and I wouldn't dream of considering this a toxx. I'm from Illinois, the American Midwest, and here what you said would be considered... I don't know, more of a turn-of-phrase, not a serious small bet. Like, seeing a couple of people arguing in a public place, one guy might whisper to his friend who is also witnessing the event, "I bet you $10 she throws the drink in his face." Whether it happens or not, no money changes hands--it was just a joke. Unless... well, if the guy being offered the joke bet says "you're on," and if they then shake hands or get out $10 from their wallets... then the bet is on.

Yeah exactly.

tarlibone posted:

Besides, didn't the preview show them in Whendemore?

No clue. I'd say that they end up there at some point, but not then.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Slamhound posted:

Incidentally, the music for Dirk Gently is done by the same guy that did Utopia.

He's certainly distinctive isn't he? (Also, judging by his youtube, he's a bit weird about butterflies)

I think I much prefer his work on Utopia, especially the main theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JKH5Ep1vj8). DG and bits of Utopia S2 kind of felt like he was trying to be experimental for the sake of it and it just comes out as noise a lot of the time.

Which is a shame, because when he's good, he's seriously good.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i enjoy the dogcore

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
#DIRKGENTLYBBCA

Bruce
Springsteen:
In His Own Words
------------
PREMIERES
SUNDAY AT 10/9 C
BBCAMERICA

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 26, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My gf hates Suzie so much she doesn't want to watch the show any more. Hahahaha.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
How can anyone hate awful, awful Suzie Boreton?

The Todd/Amanda scene on the bridge was great. Much like the bridge scene from season 1.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bitch queen needs to get got and Big Guy Bodyguard too

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Slamhound posted:

How can anyone hate awful, awful Suzie Boreton?

The Todd/Amanda scene on the bridge was great. Much like the bridge scene from season 1.

Every season of this show should have a bridge scene like these.

I'm really down on bodyguard guy. "I must protect you," he says as he puts his charge in the middle of a shootout.

The scene with Dirk and his new girlfriend was pretty funny. "Oo my boyfriend now."

and Suzie Borton is just the best villain. She's despicable, it's great.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

MachuPikacchu posted:

and Suzie Borton is just the best villain. She's despicable, it's great.

I kind of like her in a weird way. She totally deserves getting owned by the good guys, but I also still feel sorry for her. She needs a good psychiatrist or something.

The fairy tale characters, though, they are just so dumb. It's kind of charming with Panto and his beau, but particularly the parents are just aggravating. They probably can't help themselves since they were drawn that way, but still…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Dang, the bed WAS the portal.

• Locked thread