Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hate-Senpai posted:

This isn't a bad comment or anything, but it caught me off guard.

People on this site are ridiuclous and think any time the hero and heroine talk to anyone but each other NTR is afoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hate-Senpai posted:

Maybe I should change my account name to CAUTION! NTR because I'm tired of people referring to me as Senpai or Hate-Senpai.

Love
Senpais
Hate

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Saltshaker? What the hell kind of euphamism is that

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

lol

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Elfgames posted:

the fact that you guys interact with manga site comments enough to know the people scares me

Theres a guy on Mangadex whos avatar is that panel from the Duwang scans of Diamond is Unbreakable with the three different kinds of rats and it makes me laugh every time I see it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

TFW you know that feel

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

"forming parental bonds through a traumatic crisis"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

This is how I feel about "poggers", like its a racial slur for a race that doesnt exist

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's straight up a reference to those cardboard pogs lol

e: that'd be like saying 'jogger' is a racial slur for vaguely sounding like a certain other word

I thought it was a pic of Gootecks

Anyway, lol, I guess im alone in thinking it sounds vaugely sinister.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a pic of Gootecks from a video about pogs

Wow Ive learned something today. Ive always just called it the gootecks face and I had no idea it was Poggers until like 3 months ago lol

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I just read this chapter, lol

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Reiche posted:

I forgot I saved this one a while back. I like to think it was true

Uh, was this the chapter where she basically says "Wow im glad I didnt have you executed when you hosed up so bad it was execution worthy" because that doesnt seem like Yotanwa being coy and flirty, it seemed like her telling the truth for better (You saved the day) and for worse (but you really shouldnt have had a chance to do so because your head should have been liberated from your shoulders when you allowed our food to be burnt)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im so glad the automatic NTR detector is back on, just look for chapters t hat suddenly have 200+ comments out of nowhere

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Bybus Slago posted:

I'm annoyed the isekai tropes have also completely invaded actual fantasy settings. Does everything need level up mechanics and status windows?

This is what happens when Dragon Quest is part of your cultural literary canon

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Wasn't SAO a mega-success that helped launch the genre

IIRC Mushuko Tensei was the king of web novels and SAO was the king of light novels and they were the big starting points, yea.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Caphi posted:

It's not debatable at all. Japanese very much has gendered third person pronouns, and they are not uncommonly used, but they are slightly formal and not grammatically compulsory.

Its the last part that really fucks with english speakers minds when it comes to anything having to do with Japanese pronouns, since we arent allowed to drop pronouns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

ninjewtsu posted:

honestly i do kinda miss those

I love stuff like that. The newest chapters of JJK had a lot of references to Japanese comedy acts and TCB scans went through the trouble of explaining them all

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

The notes at the end of afk’s Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei subs explaining all the puns in the names were great imo

Actually, I think the thing I miss the most from that era are all the ludicrously overwrought karaoke subs for OPs and EDs. Bring those back.

I love stuff like this too, heres some old subs, check out at 45 seconds when Usopp shoots the flag. They used to do it all the time for attack names too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPJMrj2f30

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 10, 2024