Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Autonomous Monster posted:

...well I wasn't expecting to see a reference to That Hogarty Review, but here we are I guess

https://twitter.com/misterbrilliant/status/483224360418041856

to be honest, if I was insinuated to be a spousal abuser, even in the most joking way, I'd be pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Grondoth posted:

Medieval knowledge knower rant

Well at least they’re right that Ran and the Grey World is friggin gorgeous. Where did you find this post?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t understand being angry that a site wants to go legit eventually. How was Crunchyroll and Fakku going legit bad? Online pirates can be such babies

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The admins made it pretty clear that that is an unlikely pipe dream. It’s not like they’re going to go legit anytime soon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vonnie posted:

I was gonna make an effortpost to try and elaborate on the one good point the scanlators are making, but I don't think it would convince anyone who wasn't already on their side, but basically:

That's not a problem for YOU, the manga reader, but it is a problem for THEM, the amateur translators. It is highly unlikely that any given group uploading content to mangadex would make the cut when/if they go legit, and any group that DOESN'T make the cut gets hosed, they have to find yet another site like batoto/mangadex to upload to. So if they're going to have to do it anyway, why not now, when Mangadex has clearly signaled their intent?

At the end of the day, the people adding the content that mangadex is flourishing with are doing it for free, and Mangadex want to use their free labor to strike it rich, leaving the amateur translators in the ditch.

I hadn’t considered that. I still don’t agree with the (angry) scanlators, because they are also using other people’s works and have Patreons set up, so it seems a little hypocritical. I don’t think that MangaDex will ever reasonably go legit with multiple publishing companies already having legal means to publish, so I think their concerns about that are largely unfounded.

I appreciate your explanation, though.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
BIOTRUTHS

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Bless this commenter

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
These are all commenting on the same manga

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
You ever know a manga is bad just by reading the name of the scantalation group?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Jose posted:

so mangastream got shut down

I feel like I should know who this guy is. Should I know who this guy is?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The_White_Crane posted:

BRB going to read Arata - The Legend

Shonen Sunday’s always had a broader audience than, say, Shonen Jump! It publishes Komi-san and Detective Conan, and published Inuyasha, for goodness sake

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
“What’s wrong with the mc? It’s like he doesn’t want to have sex with a child or something!”

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I’m going to be honest, I can say “gravity” but I can’t explain any further than that. I might as well say “magic”

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Waffleman_ posted:

People on the left sure love the man who helped install a fascist regime onto an entire nation.

You say that but there’re leftists who love Stalin and Mao.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Jose posted:

Maos landlord killing policy was a good one if nothing else

Setting aside discussions of capital punishment and mass murder, that “if nothing else” is doing a lot of heavy lifting

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Comments generally just make me sad because people are awful. Incomprehensible summaries, though, they are delightful

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Wark Say posted:

I mean you can sorta make out what the person who wrote the summary meant just fine. Probably the person is currently learning ESL, so all in all, it's fine.

I know, I know: not as funny. Sorry.

The thing is, while the translation of the actual work isn’t super great, it’s a hell of a lot more competent than the summary

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Jose posted:

they're not wrong but lol

I don’t know a thing about Solo Leveling but this brings me a dark joy

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
What I like about the incel screed was the “women don’t simp for men”. Uhhh, have you seen how young women talk about BTS? Or how thirty year olds talk about Chris Evans? Women simp all the goddang time

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://mangadex.org/thread/371439

the comments are coming from the management

What the gently caress is that poll?

There was moment where anime and manga likers in the west went “you know what? Pedophilia’s okay” and it’s so gross

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Are they mad that the translator group is “IEatLolis” because that’s what made me stop reading

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I need to know what manga and which award this is

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nemo2342 posted:

If Mangadex would ever revive their comments section there would be more stuff to post. I wish they would do that instead of tinkering with the UI.

Mangadex not currently having a comment section is a public good. There’s no such thing as a good comment section

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I hope he solves the itch problem

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Tezuka you old horny bastard

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Finally, I can be disappointed by my fellow manga reader

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RatHat posted:

Description rather than a comment but

:hmmyes:

The name of the series is Sexiled: My Sexist Part Leader Kicked Me Out So I Teamed Up With A Mythical Sorceress

We sell the light novel at my store

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Sometimes I think about the drawings of sexy mice women that Osamu Tezuka’s daughter found in his drawers after his death

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Plutonis posted:

Blue Lock

If a sports comic isn’t courting the fujo dollar it’s committing gross incompetence

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

kirbysuperstar posted:

i have zero idea what guilty crown even is aside from seeing cosplay of that one girl with the open top

Bad, mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

This poster is weak and will not survive the winter