Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Can Of Worms posted:

I've hit a vein of gold (all from the same comment section):

So nice of mangadex to offer a safe haven for the refugees from /r/incel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I only just noticed the hair thingies, I thought it was Sailor Mars until now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

boy, that escalated quickly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://mangadex.org/thread/371439

the comments are coming from the management
They permabanned me for calling out people advocating violence against BLM protesters so it's really not surprising they are absolute utter trash people who should be exiled from society at best

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well don't just stand there, go tell them that!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I noticed a lightning bolt on mangadex and clicked it, and it takes you to a "popular topics" list. this is near the top of the list right now.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 29, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GateOfD posted:

The op healer isekai one had decent slaves
shut the gently caress up

edit: my bad, thought this was the isekai thread where slavery is a topic so run into the ground it's popped out the other side of the planet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 9, 2023

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that dudes entire post history is openly wanting to rape children and I stand by my statement

also I am apparently an "anti" for being violently against the guy who is a blatant, aggressive pedophile

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It really sucks how casually people on here call me or anyone else a pedo when I am violently opposed to people like that guy, and especially with what I've gone through in my life. when I found out one of my coworkers wears thick long jeans year round not because he likes them but because (cw)it hides the ankle tracking bracelet from when he was convicted for raping a 13 year old it took monumental effort to restrain myself. Someone who takes PRIDE in their criminal degeneracy? Death is too good for them

I'd rather be banned forever from there than post in the same space someone like that is accepted, that's not even his worst post from the ones I saw. I'll say it again when my ban expire in august

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kidcoelacanth posted:

it is my genuine hope that the dungeon meshi anime comes out and its aura wipes the rest of that dogshit genre off the face of the planet
dungeon meshi is not an isekai

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

And that's not even going into how no character in Goblin Slayer even has a name
eh, I don't think that's necessarily a demerit for a series, Maoyuu has everyone referred to by their type(hero, demon queen, fire dragon lord, etc) and it totally works.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they got so mad they poofed out of existence mid-rant

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it finished being translated after an eternity and is very good even outside of the demons with head-sized gazongas. come for the cute mom-and-son-raising antics, stay for the Horrors Of War And Oppression

kirbysuperstar posted:

This one was pretty good while it was focusing on that and not the demon super saiayan war (though that was entertaining in its own way)
yeah I get it, a lot of folks didn't really like the grim turn the series took, but also, it gave some great character development to some characters who otherwise wouldn't really have gotten much. it also showed just how hosed up Merii's powers are which was...interesting

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Plutonis posted:

The giant demon tits are good bitch
I did not say they were not

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
not all manga reader site comments are bad.

(commenting on the manga The Faraway Paladin)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I noticed I got unbanned at some point from mangadex for saying that blatant out-and-proud pedophile should be killed. Being able to see my inbox and notifications once again, there was a message in my inbox, it was from some admin on the site chastising me for it, basically tut-tuting me decorumishly. So I told him that yeah as someone whose little sister was raped, I think child rapists should absolutely be killed, and that if he's defending the guy who openly wants to rape children and proudly declares it constantly on the website he admins, that it reflects extremely poorly on him as a person and he should do some serious introspection

so he banned me again, this time forever, because why would you expect any different lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's not.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Cool short manga
it's not nice to lie

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 7, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's cynical about humanity to any eyerolling degree and the ending is lame as hell

Like it's got some amusing or at least interesting takes on "an alien is living with me!" even with the horrifically gory subversions it takes that trope to but it's just brutal and miserable and most of the big twists are extremely apparent how they're going to play out. It's got a couple good jukes to your expectations but it's not worth the time imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's like a half hour read at best oh no how wasteful of my time
yea