Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

divabot posted:

Nonce cents

This is still the champ. It's the only one that beats Dunning Krugerrands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I'm partial to "douchemarks"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I like autism kroners although it doesn't beat Dunning Krugerrands

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

all of these are old and busted, we need a new way to make fun of bitcoin

something never said before

hm

how about "buttcoin"

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

:dudsmile:

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

To contribute, the bitcoin ceo pedophile had his sentence defended by the Utah State Bar

“Utah sentencing guidelines for a second degree felony against a person for a first-time offender are from 0-210 days in jail and up to 48 months probation. Judge Hogan’s sentence for Saltsman fell within the recommended sentence based upon guidelines established by Utah’s Sentencing Commission.”

http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-bar-issues-statement-on-judge-hogans-sentencing-of-pedophile-ceo

I know I shouldn’t be surprised that my Mormon state would be soft on pedophiles, but not even a year for the hosed up poo poo he was doing is still a shock

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Kidfiddler Kroner

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Clockwerk posted:

To contribute, the bitcoin ceo pedophile had his sentence defended by the Utah State Bar

“Utah sentencing guidelines for a second degree felony against a person for a first-time offender are from 0-210 days in jail and up to 48 months probation. Judge Hogan’s sentence for Saltsman fell within the recommended sentence based upon guidelines established by Utah’s Sentencing Commission.”

http://kutv.com/news/local/utah-bar-issues-statement-on-judge-hogans-sentencing-of-pedophile-ceo

I know I shouldn’t be surprised that my Mormon state would be soft on pedophiles, but not even a year for the hosed up poo poo he was doing is still a shock
this is good for bitcoin because

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shumagorath posted:

this is good for bitcoin because

“Hey, cheap kids... I mean coins,coins dammit.”

A bitscoiiner

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Global pandemic, major worldwide social unrest and economic numbers that have some experts convinced "we are already in a great depression"

Thank god we have bitcoin here to solve absolutely zero problems and make no difference whatsoever, drifting along in yet another bart pattern, same as it ever was

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
what if we hooked coiners up to a cheap version of the Matrix and harvested their hot air to generate power

In the sim they can still have coinz but it's just a background service running an RNG with the compute power of a Gameboy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, they've already got the block chain, which is just blocks and blocks of them sniffing farts directly out of each others asses. All in a chain of fart huffing and stupidity.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, they've already got the block chain, which is just blocks and blocks of them sniffing farts directly out of each others asses. All in a chain of fart huffing and stupidity.

a billion blocks of farts is worth nothing to me without accompanying toe pics

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Human Centipede but with proof of work

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Brendan Eich and Brave are at it again adding referrer links to URLs you type in. HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?! :iiam:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This is like when you didn't release that second book THE MASSES WERE ASKING FOR

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

divabot posted:

Brendan Eich and Brave are at it again adding referrer links to URLs you type in. HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?! :iiam:

:discourse:

In my experience Brave fanboys exist in a very tight Venn diagram overlap with buttcoiners and Elon Musk worshippers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
gently caress, why can't I remember which org just gave Brave their top score for user privacy (better than Firefox, better than Chromium Edge)?

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Brave continues to be another great example of "when you hear 'blockchain,' immediately walk away."

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Brendan Eich is not only a bigot, but a crypto currency advertising grifter, and complete
moron about technology. He is almost as bad as Peter Thiel in terms of negative impact on the world through tech, and Peter Thiel is one of the worst people alive.

xtal fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 8, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I don't get, why does Brave have employees who also work for Tor and DEF CON? Just :10bux:?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

xtal posted:

One thing I don't get, why does Brave have employees who also work for Tor and DEF CON? Just :10bux:?
has it not occurred to you that people can be many positive and negative kinds of weird at the same time

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Shumagorath posted:

has it not occurred to you that people can be many positive and negative kinds of weird at the same time

It hasn't occurred to me that established security professionals will endorse an obvious grift from a political opponent, unless they're in on the grift. It takes a lot to nuke your technical reputation and your social reputation in one fell swoop.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
what if one is a Tor developer and a coiner but also likes to eat

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Can I eat a bits coin? It seems like if I eat a bits coin I may get cryptosporidium.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Shumagorath posted:

So... in on the grift. Which should be unnecessary because someone so skilled can earn an honest salary, or 600+ an hour on contract.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

orange juche posted:

Can I eat a bits coin? It seems like if I eat a bits coin I may get cryptosporidium.

Just consume soylent instead for a reasonable facsimile thereof

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Remember back in March when you all spat on and berated me for investing in mining stocks? Yeah, I'm up 120%. Just thought you'd like an update.

Oh and I made 1000% this weekend buying uniswap shitcoins and flipping them. Feels good, just wish I risked more than 2 eth. Better to play it safe than be sorry I always say :)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ghosTTy posted:

Remember back in March
no

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ghosTTy posted:

Remember back in March when you all spat on and berated me for investing in mining stocks? Yeah, I'm up 120%. Just thought you'd like an update.

Oh and I made 1000% this weekend buying uniswap shitcoins and flipping them. Feels good, just wish I risked more than 2 eth. Better to play it safe than be sorry I always say :)

Hi how’s it goin?

E makin lots of coin to buy an av I see. Please,buy plat so we can pm

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 9, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ghosTTy posted:

Remember back in March when you all spat on and berated me for investing in mining stocks?

No no no. It's not because of your investing. It's because of you.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I for one am deeply disappointed that there aren't meaningless line graphs accompanying this most recent post.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
what's the deal w cardano? my buddy is getting really into it and making a stake poll to boot because the guy behind it is this and that but they just sounds like a ancap

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

ghosTTy posted:

I'm assuming this is how you'll be paying for your share of Malatoran territory.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
march was pre-coronavirus for a lot of north america so not only do i not remember it, I don't think anyone remembers it. I had to dial this thread back 60 pages to get to it and still question that "march" ever happened

if you did make money, like actually made money, all the advice I can give you is don't spend it all on forums re-regs, unlike someone

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ghosTTy posted:

Remember back in March

Actually no I don't, because in the real world a lot of poo poo has happened since then.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

ghosTTy posted:

HUT, HIVE and ETHC? by my calculations, you should be up 27%, not 120%.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

ghosTTy posted:

I am certain this post has 100% unalienable truth and integrity behind it

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

fins posted:

HUT, HIVE and ETHC? by my calculations, you should be up 27%, not 120%.

But you see, if you leverage it 72397235:1, being a daring market leader with perfect foresight means you can get super good returns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Honest Thief posted:

what's the deal w cardano? my buddy is getting really into it and making a stake poll to boot because the guy behind it is this and that but they just sounds like a ancap

100% centralised coin, inventor who is convinced he is a genius