Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

moolchaba posted:

If I see another post about drugs on this page, I'm gonna make bcoin jump to 10k by midnight.

Warning issued.

I bought in anticipation of the pump but it didn't come, what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
pumped but it just never comes is the moral of bitcoin

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

let's use an exploit to install unsigned drivers from anons on the internet

Chinese anons fron the internet.

Chinese anons from the internet who have recently had their bitcoin scam revenue stream destroyed.

The absolute best case is that its only running a bitcoin miner in the background

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

The White Dragon posted:

pumped but it just never comes is the moral of bitcoin

NEVER STOP PUMPING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SShEfcGZvAg

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NtotheTC posted:

Chinese anons fron the internet.

Chinese anons from the internet who have recently had their bitcoin scam revenue stream destroyed.

The absolute best case is that its only running a bitcoin miner in the background

i thought the hardware and firmware comes from the internet, but the drivers came from enthusiasts on their own site? people get really into developing gray market plugins man

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The White Dragon posted:

let's use an exploit to install unsigned drivers from anons on the internet
I liked the bit where that kind of sank in and he suddenly switched to not get sued mode.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

zedprime posted:

Its been bath salts from street dealers ever since, thanks DEA. To tie it all back together one of Silk Road's claims to fame was that the acid sellers were occasionally selling real acid.

Man I haven't seen a single tab or vial that wasn't real acid since I was a sophomore in high school

poverty goat posted:

tcc is still buying drugs with bitcoins without a care in the world

that's mainly for people who want to use drugs but are too afraid to leave their house and actually meet someone. the prices are hilarious to someone accustomed to getting things on the street. so even in this field bitcoin is easily dominated by traditional methods

Waltzing Along posted:

All that talk about nothing and no one mentioned it had dropped again. 3650

well sometimes it do down and sometimes it go up. almost always one or the other

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What if someone out there has already solved P = NP and thus they can already steal entire bitcoin vaults whenever they like, and the major heists so far really came from that instead of basic social engineering and knowledge of each system. Just playing it slow one vault at a time so people don't catch on. Although I guess nothing would stop them from going outside of bitcoin and stealing from normal banks, at least with bitcoin there's less investigation. And although they probably would have already gone ahead and gone nuts robbing everything blind by this point, due to seeing the obvious upcoming price crash.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Gay Weed Dad posted:

it seems the majority of deaths blamed on Fentanyl later wind up attributed to Carfentanil.

Whenever someone says fentanyl in the heroin context nowadays they're talking about a whole constellation of related designer drugs and probably very little of fentanyl itself

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
my favorite one was called something like M+ and it just gave people hives for days.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What if someone out there has already solved P = NP and thus they can already steal entire bitcoin vaults whenever they like, and the major heists so far really came from that instead of basic social engineering and knowledge of each system. Just playing it slow one vault at a time so people don't catch on. Although I guess nothing would stop them from going outside of bitcoin and stealing from normal banks, at least with bitcoin there's less investigation. And although they probably would have already gone ahead and gone nuts robbing everything blind by this point, due to seeing the obvious upcoming price crash.
That would be like inventing strong AI and using it to farm gold in WoW. I mean yeah maybe as a stage one to gather funds to build your secret underground bunker to hide from the NSA in, but stage two is not "Now keep doing that for another 10 years".

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

gbs conspiracy theories sure are dumb

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Dumb Lowtax posted:

the bogdanoff twins literally did exactly that already

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
So is this the Winklevoss' poo poo? NYC subway is absolutely flooded with this now. Wonder how much they're spending to scam more suckers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rad Russian posted:

So is this the Winklevoss' poo poo? NYC subway is absolutely flooded with this now. Wonder how much they're spending to scam more suckers.

Yes it is. I was gonna say losing out on the ground floor of Facebook really broke them but they won $65 million in the lawsuit against Zuck and have been balls deep in bitcoin venture projects since 2013. I guess there's no accounting for the 1%.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

This is pure gold. One of the big wanking points for crypto was a complete lack of regulation and oversight.

And now that people have learned why those came about, there's a service that will take away one of the major selling points of crypto.

For a fee, of course.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/notsofast/status/1086471886597431296

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/meatfish2020/status/1086569622051147777

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That’s not really much of a twist.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like the choice of characters:
Unconventional Girl(leather jacket+torn jeans)
Plain black guy
tech douche
tech douche
Conventional Girl

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

By popular demand posted:

Conventional Girl
Oh please, we both know she's there to pull in the MAI WAIFU crowd.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Conventional Girl

We are living in a conventional world :sax:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

We are living in a conventional world :sax:

:scax:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Can't wait to see these actors saying bitcoin memes out loud.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

Can't wait to see these actors saying bitcoin memes out loud.

HODL

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not convinced you should call something a ‘prime time television show’ if it doesn’t air in prime time, nor likely ever on TV.

I’m sure the makers of the compared shows at the top are thrilled someone is hopping on the back of their IP.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope there's a gif/jif thing going on with dogecoin

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A doge is always worth one doge

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I like the choice of characters:
Unconventional Girl(leather jacket+torn jeans)
Plain black guy
tech douche
tech douche
Conventional Girl

From left to right:

Jennifer, a highly educated IT worker who gets into Bitcoin early and makes millions, making her one of the most successful bitlords in the US. Correctly predicts the various ups and downs by understanding cryptocurrency, the major players in it, and the associated exchanges for what they are. Signs up on a fabulous crypto cruise as a central speaker to educate others about, among other things, about her belief that the markets could crash in the near future. Her speech goes off without a hitch, except that the entire audience leaves the room to fawn over John McAfee in the lobby just as she begins talking.

John, an FBI agent recruited right out of MIT and just cutting his teeth at the agency. Assigned to a number of cases associated with human trafficking and Chinese designer drug related deaths where cryptocurrency was used for payment. Makes major breakthroughs as the movie progresses in identifying buyers from their various transactions while building up his case. The movie ends with him standing at a pier smiling as a cruise ship approaches.

Satoshi, featured in the first 10 minutes and never identified by his real name he's a college student who comes upon a wrinkled monkey paw with 4 fingers outstretched. He finds it can grant him any wish, just like in the fictional legend. His first and second wishes are wasted on frivolous things. He wishes his proof of concept "bitcoin" would catch on it and it shockingly it does! His last wish is for his bitcoin holdings to be worth a billion dollars. The hand strangles him to death in his bed that night, but Bitcoin goes UP UP UP until his coins are worth a billion USD.

Kaizyle, creator of several successive "failed" altcoins - successfully marketing each of them anonymously to gullible people before cutting and running with the proceeds. Gets into human trafficking and drug trafficking interests as part of his own method of laundering his coins and transferring them into Bitcoin. Goes on the same crypto cruise as Jennifer to pitch his next altcoin. He speaks immediately before Jennifer to the feverish excitement of the crowd, then celebrates by drunkenly harassing various women before passing out in bed. Ends the movie searching through his suitcases for a missing USB stick.

Tala, a young woman from a poor family living in the Philippines. She is struggling to make money and is hired to work as entertainment aboard a cruise for crypto fanatics. After several nights of being groped and harassed by various techbros she overhears somebody talking about bitcoin private keys and how easy it would be to take the key. Quickly formulating a plan, she steals Kaizyle's USB containing his private key during what turns out to be awkward transformer cosplay in his room. Ends the movie initiating the winter 2018 bitcoin crash by dumping Kaizyle's bitcoins onto the market.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
shitcoin: the movie

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Warbadger posted:

Satoshi, featured in the first 10 minutes and never identified by his real name he's a college student who comes upon a wrinkled monkey paw with 4 fingers outstretched. He finds it can grant him any wish, just like in the fictional legend. His first and second wishes are wasted on frivolous things. He wishes his proof of concept "bitcoin" would catch on it and it shockingly it does! His last wish is for his bitcoin holdings to be worth a billion dollars. The hand strangles him to death in his bed that night, but Bitcoin goes UP UP UP until his coins are worth a billion USD.

:discourse:

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
I sold all my bitcoin at the lowest possible point earlier this month. Anyone else time it right like me?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
No, you sold your account to someone capable of self awareness

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

zaurg posted:

I sold all my bitcoin at the lowest possible point earlier this month. Anyone else time it right like me?

What was your total loss?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
👏 Knowledgeable 👏 investors 👏 don’t 👏 time 👏 markets 👏

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
zuarg *laugh track*

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJfJTmfq2Q4

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

BuckarooBanzai posted:

What was your total loss?

54% loss

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

zaurg posted:

54% loss
A painful but valuable lesson for next time you run across a get rich quick scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004

Splicer posted:

A painful but valuable lesson for next time you run across a get rich quick scheme.

Exactly. Time it better and sell near the top.