Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Bitcoin is an elaborate social scheme to watch libertarians recreate government from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Bitcoin has always been a performance art piece wherein libertarians recreate government in the least efficient way possible.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

an angry red owl posted:

Monero is anonymous regardless of what some lovely web 2.0 magazine says.

Can't argue this logic with an investor with a proven track record!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I want an orange julius but cannot. Currency of the future!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

There's 3700 breached. Saturday night massacre lol.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I'm confused, is the assertion that all tethers are backed up with dollars and they just burned 50 million to prop the price up for three hours?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Is there a tally of how much "totally real money" that tether has put into the system? It seems like every time I check this thread the printer starts running.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Lemming posted:

Don't forget they mined with the miners for months and only gave them to their customers after they passed the break even point for the electricity cost

Getting high on your own demand. That's the real poo poo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

See if you can differentiate between the people paying to appear and the people being paid to appear.

Also, the second verse is the best. I'm trying to imagine these kids nodding credulously about how difficult it is to acquire a smoothie while waiting to ensure the fiat money transfer goes through.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

What moves the individual sucker is a mystery into themselves, but I imagine that some people are trying to secure their gains/limit their losses because
1. Needing money for holiday shopping
2. making GBS threads themselves in anticipation of taxes
3. The reality of number go down breaking through desperate optimism
4. The U.S. economy lurching it's way into a recession hitting the sad-sack-get-rich-quick set early and disproportionately
5. Miners packing it in, and
6. General malaise about the stock market

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

My Linux Rig posted:

You know stocks can drop in value too. GMs is down a bit I heard

The one bright spot about most scams is they tend to hit the elderly. It's still sad but they were on the way out anyway. Bitcoins...man people are gonna live with that regret for decades.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah man go for it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

ilmucche posted:

What if microtransactions, but on the blockchain?

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/c...stration-2018-4

I found it with the depressing Google search "child blockchain video game coin"

Tbh it's probably a smart move for that kid to not carry fiat money for the next few years.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Baron invented bitcoin.

The timeline works when you realize he went back in time, undercover as Steve Bannon, to make his father president.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

What's the website to watch butts crash in real time again?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

You know that we have always been down - down

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I really wish I could find a really old bitcoin comic that was some dude finally giving up only have a bunch of people buy in immediately afterward. It's old enough that it was true.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

My new hobby is gonna be doxing truebelivers to the IRS.

#idiaudit

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

My Linux Rig posted:

well it looks like bitcoin is at $3.6k now

anyone who bought in when it was at $3.1k is making some deece returns, ive already made around $800 off the amount i investment last weekend

Oh my taxable events a plenty!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Did we learn how much bitcoin MLR has converted over to filthy fiat currency?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

It's true that Bitcoin can be a little wasteful, but it's educating lots of people about economic concepts like supply and demand. And you can't put a price on education. And just think about how much it costs to heat a school in winter.

Buddy I didn't go long into halfass tax evasion because I give a poo poo about schools. gently caress you, I'm definitely getting mine any day now.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

no go on Quiznos posted:

Me. I just sold a butt for $4000. Now to see if I can get it into my bank account.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. What's the plan?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

jre posted:

Why does it make sense when you could get more coins for the same outlay by just buying them ?

Because the lady who's renting me her basement to feed her two kids put "utilities included" in the six month lease.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

no go on Quiznos posted:

Me. I just sold a butt for $4000. Now to see if I can get it into my bank account.

Hey did that goon ever get his money?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Sickening posted:

Worse website if all time. Pop up hell on mobile.

Weird, I didn't get a single popup in Flynx or Firefox after I clicked through. I'm running android and am a simpleton. Perhaps you should mess with your settings or something.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Crypto not cratering in response to crypto is proof in and of itself that it's for idiots.

revwinnebago posted:

If you're smart. Slightly more USD than you originally had. Repost but I made like $20 on butts. It's fun practice for "real" investing later in life.

Since you're smart, can you share the discrete signs you were able to correctly interpret as an indication that your crypto of choice would go up?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 24, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I'm a pretty smart investor. I've got a sixth sense about which scratchoffs are due.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Is this good for bitcoin?

quote:

IRS Special Agent in Charge John R. Tafur said: “This is an old scam with a virtual twist. As alleged in court documents, the cryptocurrency OneCoin was established for the sole purpose of defrauding investors. IGNATOV and IGNATOVA allegedly convinced victims to invest in OneCoin based on complete lies about the virtual currency. IRS Criminal Investigation is committed to investigating cryptocurrency scams in an effort to protect the American public and bring cryptocurrency crooks to justice.”

FBI Assistant Director-in-Charge William Sweeney, Jr. said: “As we allege, OneCoin was a cryptocurrency existing only in the minds of its creators and their co-conspirators. Unlike authentic cryptocurrencies, which maintain records of their investors’ transaction history, OneCoin had no real value. It offered investors no method of tracing their money, and it could not be used to purchase anything. In fact, the only ones who stood to benefit from its existence were its founders and co-conspirators. Whether you’re dealing with virtual currency or cold, hard cash, we urge the public to exercise due diligence with any investment.”

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

You don't give them your name, idiot. I go with Senor Weed because postal inspectors don't want to get accused of racial profiling.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Bleusilences posted:

I might get a cpu because the priced just crashed on those.

What's the current price/power sweet spot?

My seven year pulls i5 is getting long in the tooth

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Blotto_Otter posted:

the money police always move slowly, and they often don't move at all until after some very big wallets get hurt and/or a lot of wallets get hurt. on top of that, all this cryptocurrency jargon sounds like something new and therefore raises doubts about who has jurisdiction over what, so all of the folks in charge of the various federal agencies that act as money police spend years and years writing memos and holding hearings to decide whether or not this is all their problem to handle. (the answer is obviously "yes", this is all the same old Ponzi schemes and money laundering schemes and unregistered securities offerings they've always been charged with handling, but nobody's really interested in taking on that challenge as long as there are more powerful people defending cryptocurrency as a concept than there are powerful people who are condemning it.)

Eighty percent of innovation in the last two decades was "an app that allows you to avoid existing regulation."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Hear me out, what if we all download cheatengine

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Absolutely a rational market

https://twitter.com/crypto_bitlord7/status/1525429400447115265?t=U2OSpV6f25m1xoWhww9Gcw&s=19

Edit: https://twitter.com/crypto_bitlord7/status/1525443810863587336?t=R3o1EhdgKbxVA0SJ5Iy1Wg&s=19

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

busalover posted:

Even if Crypto experiences a total crash, it doesn't remove the delusion and despair of all the people invested in this poo poo. Where will they go? They'll latch onto the next stupid get-rich-scheme, or idk maybe there'll be a new era of communes and cults.

Full fash, with whichever vulnerable minority standing in for the "them" that made them poor.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Really democratizing the pump and dump, every user their own scammer.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Christcoin - automatically routes a 10% tithe to a randomly selected bible-believing church.*

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Sittin' on a lot of slurp juice that I gotta move before the first of the month

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

nachos posted:

Why can’t I make new wallets and sell the private key? Don’t mmo players sell accounts?

Just PM one of the completely disinterested volunteer CM (Currency Masters) if there's a dispute.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

All I know is that the abomination sold in Costco's freezer is nothing at all like the food court chicken cholesterol bake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

This is just findom with extra steps.