Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a dollar in the hand is worth 6000 in the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

So we now have something that has a virtual value and you have to pay someone something with real value for them to say "yup you got something of value. You have passed"

I'm wrong. Crypto currency is an amazing money making machine but not for anyone who has them.

If Rube Goldburg was a grifter he'd do it just like this

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

PromethiumX posted:

this has probably been touched on before but why the hell do they all refer to holding as HODL or HODLING?

It's a shilling word muad'dib

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Dongattack posted:

How come Bitcoin miners wear out GPUs so fast?

They stand under em and jump up and down and hear BLING BLING BLING BLING and then it breaks

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

junan_paalla posted:

I just want to say that these dips are simply a test. Just like how God tested Job's faith, Bitcoin is testing our faith in it, and we must HODL.

Don't give up my friends — Bitcoin is here and yes, it is getting a rough treatment, much like the rough treatment Jesus got when he first came onto the scene. But do not doubt, for Bitcoin will rise and its power will be manifest in the ages to come.

If you believe in a govermentless society, HODL.

If you believe in a better future, where no one is forced to pay taxes, where no purchases are tracked, where no families en masse are rounded up and robbed at random, where no communities are massacred by sectarian violence, HODL.

If you believe in being one of the chosen few; the few that recognized a new, transformative power never before seen in this world, a power that will bring the dawn of a new Golden Age, HODL.

And don't just HODL, spread the word. From the highest mountains to the lowest valleys, spread the word. Get your friends and family to buy. The more people we get, the higher the value will climb, and the brighter all of our futures will be.

Don't let these dips scare you my friends. It's all a test. Believe in Bitcoin and Bitcoin will believe in you.

Sermon on the butte

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Womyn Capote posted:

Imagine a divorce proceeding where the couple has to sort through and divide up their bitcoins on the courtroom floor

Easy peasy. One takes the 1s and one takes the 0s

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

McGiggins posted:

That's hardcore.

Imagine being so smug you thought you could commit crimes in a library.

They let Anne Coulter put a book in a library

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

This is also wrong because even while being the most heavily regulated substance it still kills me people annually than opioid addiction by a lot (90k annually for alcohol vs 70K annually by opioids).

Alcohol related deaths are the 3rd highest form of preventable deaths in the US.

Are those stats counting car crashes while driving high or drunk?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

It is relevant because it's the act of driving while impaired that killed them.

How is the fatality stats for deaths from only the drug and not any other factors?

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Like, I get it. Alcohol causes a lot of societal harm but everytime it's brought out as if it's some kind of defense of other drugs it always reminds me of the pitbull crowd saying that most bites are caused by labs.

Just because more people drink and therefore more people die while drunk driving compared to dying while driving hosed up on Angel dust doesn't make one safer than the other

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Paladinus posted:

How many people have sucked a dick for a cup of espresso? Lmao.

Buddy you have No idea

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

For sale: fart jars
Never warmed

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

BoldFace posted:

Zuckerberg's Super Bowl ad:
https://youtu.be/LcmAlpIp3oM

Five Nights at Facebook

Adbot