Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

Thanks dude. That was me editing it out! Nice catch for the BAN ME.

e: Registered today, one post to post his dick. What bitcoiner did we piss off?

long time reader first time poster but wasn't seraph_insertnumber some kind of weird star citizen/bitcoin cultist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't understand these bitcoin charts even after reading through all the long detailed descriptions of what they represent made to simplify it for mentally handicapped people like me. what does the near-asymptote on the green line in this chart at 3500 represent exactly?

am i correct in understanding that it means there's a huge amount of outstanding buy bids sitting at 3500, so that it would be impossible for bitcoin to dip below that point until they're all fulfilled? and therefore, if bitcoin DOES start to trade below 3500, poo poo is really going to get incredible? or is that a complete misinterpretation?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cubicle gangster posted:

Not in sweden (think thats where they were from?), any coastal US city or many parts of europe.

It's worth pointing out that you need to be in the upper 25% to have what used to be considered a middle class level of buying power. That's something that does need to be fixed.
A household income of 150k a year is only just middle class in many US cities. With 15 years of investing and some property, 800k to your name by your late 30's / early 40's is on target to retire in your mid to late 50's with the same standard of living. And thats not an extravagant or crazy lifestyle for many people - it's just living in a 1400sqft house in a major city and not having to shop out of the discount baskets at aldi.

The issue here is that you choose to resent the people who have what you should have, rather than resenting the many hundreds of people earning 100 - 150x that per year. There are even 250 thousand Americans making over a million a year. Someone who landed a 6 figure job and saved well should not be the target of your annoyance.

i would happily kill and eat this poster for 800k if anyone’s offering

or heck, 150k sounds pretty good

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 5, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my heart loving bleeds

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cubicle gangster posted:

There are many places in the US where '120k' is for a fact less well off than being on 40k somewhere else.

My girlfriend is american and we had a weird conversation about money in the early days. She said she'd rather live in NY or London on 70k a year, rather than a small-ish town on 35k/yr - with the reason being 'its more money, why wouldnt you'
35k a year in many cities means you can have an active social life, a reasonable commute to work, and savings left over. 70k in NYC means you cant afford to go out as often as you would like and will very rarely have any savings left over at the end of the month. And almost certainly much longer working hours / a higher stress job.

Its all relative, but it's something i've noticed in nearly every american i've met and spoken about money with - they'd rather take the higher number even if it meant a poorer quality of life. Is that just a cultural thing?

Calling people on 140k 'rich' when depending on where they live (ie palo alto) could be the equivalent of $40k in Tennessee.
And you'd have a much better lifestyle on that 40k in Tennessee too.

have you ever had to live on 35k a year

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah yes, why don't these so called poor people simply all pack up and move to oklahoma

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Because it costs money to move to a new place, you need a security deposit on a new place, you need savings to live on while you find work, all their friends and family are in the city, etc. etc. There are a loving ton of reasons why people don't shuffle around more, and most of them are valid.

It's why MLM/Buttcoin/40x ICO!!!!1!! and every other get rich quick scam seems to never lack for people, the siren song of enough cash to unfuck your slowly circling the drain life is a powerful one.

uh

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i had $45k in tax debt, i would simply use some of the hundreds of thousands of dollars of profit i've made from bitcoin to pay it off

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

why come bitcoin number go down

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as a passerby who likes to occasionally check bitcoinity just for schadenfreude today i noticed it seems to be frozen at 7973.32, is there any story with that?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did some motherfucker just use the phrase "legitimate exchanges" in the loving bitcoin thread

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dhrusis posted:

No moon :(

Just up +30% vs. US Dollar over 30 days, +172% over the last year, and 9000000% over the last decade :)

i can use the us dollar to buy things

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dhrusis posted:

If you must transact in US Dollars, go for it! Good news, You can use BTC to buy dollars, and you get more dollars for your BTC when you choose to do so! :-)

prove it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is this good for bitcoin

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

am i correct in understanding that just taking this at face value this is ghostty claiming to have spent $66,000 canadian on cryptocurrency on march 6th and if true has eaten at least $14,000 in losses

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

boy i wish i had $66,000 to just flush down the loving toilet

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Play posted:

I dunno I have a feeling that's actually someone else who made that trade and ghostty is just pretending it's him but who knows

right, i don’t rule it out he’s just playing the gimmick to the hilt, i just wanted to make sure i understood what the many numbers meant

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

aw bitcoinity froze i was hoping to kill my time this afternoon watching the number plummet

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Fleetwood Crack posted:

gently caress it i fomo'd in with $800

Already down $33 lmao :smith:

the gently caress is wrong with you people

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

christ almighty if you're making that little and it's barely livable income maybe you should stop wadding up $800 at a time and skyhooking it into a loving muffin monster

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

number go up baby, time for this poo poo to go to the moon

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hmm my recollection is vague, wasn't seraph84 some kind of star citizen zealot in addition to being a bitcoin enthusiast or am i wadding up half remembered permabanned posters in my mind

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lmao i did a google just thinking there was an off chance i'd turn up his rap sheet on the forums and the first hit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2b4rpu/seraph84_perma_banned_from_rsi_forums_not_sure_why/

edit: man, i've got to get some new material

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in a weird syzygy the same guy was melting down over in the overwatch thread in games today for all his teammates always sucking and tanking his ranking

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

along the same lines this has been making the rounds on twitter today and i'm a little shocked it hasn't shown up here yet (sorry if it has, checked back a couple pages and didn't see it). it's even got the thread credo at the end

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 29, 2021

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there's a lot to fit in how insanely stupid nfts are

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

along the same lines this has been making the rounds on twitter today and i'm a little shocked it hasn't shown up here yet (sorry if it has, checked back a couple pages and didn't see it). it's even got the thread credo at the end

imagine being the kind of loving rear end in a top hat that on the same page this is posted goes "oh hey i do art, can i still make a buck off this though?"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Source4Leko posted:

Awwww so you admit mentally you're still 12 years old thats cute.

no he said he’s a libertarian 12 years old is what he wants to change the age of consent to

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stanley Pain posted:

that sure is a bunch of crap to remember about some poster. like it's a bit creepy.

what i'm going to remember about the poster stanley pain is he sure likes to jump to the defense of bad posters

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Hammerite posted:

Destroy every bitcoin. berate every liker of bitcoins with cruel jibes

:hmmyes:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm just asking questions about how easy it is to fleece people by using the mutant child of a ponzi scheme and an old timey con man selling you the brooklyn bridge while wasting such a catastrophic amount of energy it's literally zeroed out all advancements made by solar power over the past 30 years, why are you all so hostile? they're just questions!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

xtal posted:

To the person who tried the animated gif avatar trick: I invented that. The admin who I pulled it on still doesn't know. However I check my avatar's sha256sum in a crontab every 15 minutes. :colbert:

you’re a weird little hosed up man

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

to the moon

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

punishedkissinger posted:

if tether is equivalent to USD why not just actually use USD?

they don’t have actual usd

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

No matter what happens, my life will be infinitely more fulfilling and successful than yours, and that makes me very excited. I guess we all have things to look forward to.

to the moon buddy, to the moon

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

blunt posted:

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1394677293461778433?s=20

Looks like even China is starting to crack down on crypto.

this is good, for bitcoin

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

back up over 39k guys, to the moon! to the mooooon!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

remember that time billionaire elon musk singlehandedly crashed bitcoin by being wario on snl

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm ready to gamble on bitcoin, in the sense that i'll bet you it drops below 34k before tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did i say 34k i uh meant, 33k