Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I think it's hilarious that people get this mad that there are other human beings, alive on this loving planet, doing something that they don't approve of and talking about it in the wrong way

"Trading worthless pogs AND using the wrong words! PIECE OF poo poo" :ssj:

Oh hahaha, right. Making fun of idiots is "getting mad online."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's a distributed database for peer to peer transactions, and that opens up new use cases.

Whether you think that will turn out to be useful in the long run is up to you, pretending it's not different or that it couldn't be useful seems quite premature given that we're in the very early days of cryptos.

you'd think a technology so disruptive would have made a little headway in 9 fuckin' years

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
As an internet asstrologist I have consulted your rear end lines and determined that no one gives a randy gently caress

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
A handful of people made a bunch of money during the dot-com boom, a great many more lost a great portion of or their whole asses, and the whole drat time were there trumpeting assholes farting out insults that you were a moron if you didn't get on board.

Here in the bitcoin years we aren't even getting any useful or interesting infrastructure out of the craze, just a completely irrational and disgusting abuse of resources to prop up a speculative bubble, super cool

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
"Investing in blockchain" is still such a hilarious phrase to hear uttered in earnest.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
What happened today? Totally stable and normal currency things? Oh neat

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
https://twitter.com/champagnesocia8/status/1392856199889096708?s=19

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

drk posted:

So, the day after Elon poo-poos Bitcoin, Tether announces they are only 3.9% backed by cash and the DOJ and IRS announce they are investigating Binance.

Wait is that decimal in the right place lol

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

DerekSmartymans posted:

This is true in America as well, though. If you are anti-progressive even slightly, some state or federal law can be found to intimidate you with. You’ll never go to jail or be charged, but you’ll be on a watch list at some level just to make your day-to-day more frustrating. Happens the opposite in conservative terms as well; I’m not lib-bashing. Members of the legislative branch can send LE to your house even if they don’t represent your district. It’s not for “making threats,” or “writing an entire loving book about assassinating George Bush while he was the sitting President,” because those folks need a talking to. Im talking about disagreeing vehemently (but not threateningly) with a proposal like the Green New Deal on a platform with a Congresswoman and having the FBI knock on your door 10 hours later. It’s happened since Nixon and it’s getting worse here.

I'm sending the fbi's progressive enforcement squad to your house for this post

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
That's hilarious, when was that and what was time price drop?

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
E: aww beans, nvm

scopes fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 28, 2021

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

DerekSmartymans posted:

Schizophrenic 46 year old doctor living with parents after homelessness in 2005-2006.

You know: Same old story :mmmhmm:

Yeah bud, sorry, tried to edit when I remembered the username and didn't want to pry.

I was hoping it was crimes, though.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Hahaha, these loving replies. Jesus.

https://twitter.com/JeffKirdeikis/status/1399196923886596100?s=19

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
gently caress, he's got my vote

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
What do they look like if you squint?

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
Guys, he doesn't have time to show us his work, he's a very busy cryptographer

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
Bit of a slip up. Just a little whoopsie doodle. A bit booboo

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
Crypto boosters who managed to wrangle a little bit of money out of it are so goddamn insufferably stupid. You aren't special, you weren't prescient, you're not smart, you're gambling. It's okay to just recognize that you're gambling and that you had just as many chances completely outside of your control of losing your rear end on it as anyone else had. You still do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

what's the glass of piss for

That's the favorite drink he's treating himself to after completing his commemorative sadness plaque