Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i still dont understand how bitcoins is worth real money its so stupid god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Stefan Prodan posted:

And I mean again as someone pointed out, way less anonymous than just using cash lol

u need the cash to snort the drugs with

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Should I invest my retirement money into a new titan v powered bitcoin rig or directly into bitcoins at this point? need advice asap!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

What do we need to make a bunch of micro transactions to clog the Bitcoin Blockchain? Would that be illegal?

i think its all ready clogged from normal use lol

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

You don't want him back in here he's going to be insufferable once it bounces back above 15k.

lol if you think this money is going anywhere except back into my goddamn bank account where it has learned a very important lesson about touching the poop.

lol if u think ur stupid bitcoins are going to ever end up as usd again in your god drat bank account

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

One of my new coworkers was talking to a friend at work for a while about bitcoin. This guy was saying poo poo like:

How all the goverments are scared of Bitcoin since it's the global currency of the future and they can't stop it or track it
Now is the absolute best time in the history of bitcoin to get in and make money
Bitcoin is going to hit 100k in the next three days guaranteed and theres going to be tens of thousands of new millionaires in america because of this
Bitcoin will eventully hit a million and America will become the richest nation in the world and literally untouchable forever

They talked bout this poo poo for like 4 hours.. But yea everyone I work with now including the owner are crypto investors. kill me

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Oh yea the best part is he was scammed out of his last wallet by giving his wallet info to what he thought was customer support for coinbase so he spent the last few days driving around to bitcoin atms trying to deposit a few grand in cash to get more. He was still waiting on the money to appear when he was up there lol. And hes trying to get that stolen cash/bitcoins back through his bank. My coworkers last day was today, he was training me because he was leaving so I am hoping that this guy stops showing up to bullshit.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/KIIARA/status/955404910677258240

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

This guy who chills at my work been investing into bitcoin and just today he told me about how he just pumped a few grand into tron coins and they are 10 cent now and guaranteed to be worth at least 20k by 2020.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

who else played this bounce? :getin:

shaping up to be a double dribble

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Inept posted:

turns out changing subforum names permanently as a joke makes them harder to find and is dumb

Bitcoin is literally in the name of it, is that not the first thing that comes to mind when u think investments?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

lazorexplosion posted:

I love the people who look at this

and post stuff like this

that's some sunny optimism right there

I dunno looks like a solid investment to me

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Given the number of other components it could take out if it goes entirely wrong, it's not something I'd gamble on to save a couple hundred bucks.

This attitude is why u aren't a btc millionaire

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

AARO posted:

I think we are going to 4k before it starts going back up. But really, putting any money in crypto right now is just gambling. No one has any idea whats going to happen.

Putting any money in crypto is retarded not gambling

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I cleaned out the remainder of my crypto position. I was hoping to hold longer until I could take capital gains but I don't think this poo poo will be worth anything by May.

Either way, I netted a little less than $20,000 on $2k invested.

gently caress zuarg.

Same i invested about 420 bucks a while ago and am walking away with nearly 69k today

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Is the blockchain long enough that a buywall could possibly span the entire us/mexico border? How can we get this idea to trumps desk?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Shampy posted:

It's kind of nutty how people who have no idea how any of this poo poo works are coming out of the woodwork making GBS threads on anything that even resembles a cryptocurrency. I have no stake in this except $40 in change left over but I at the very least can acknowledge how helpful it is to those of us who live in areas without access to medical marijuana and carfentanil.

oh god i forgot about all the people unfortunate enough to not have a carfentanil supplier on their block, maybe bitcoin is the future....

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

AMD Crossfire 4.0

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Wulfolme posted:

as it was dipping below 6000 tether started doing market manipulations with euro tethers instead of dollar tethers

they got the tether printer twitter account suspended and i dont know where else to check to see if theyve printed more eurotethers since then because im trying to spend more time on constructive tasks

or not
https://twitter.com/eurtprinter/status/963090843988045824

god speed

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Risc1911 posted:

Steven Seagal and his BITCOiiN

https://bitcoiin.com/

That website probably cost a lot of butcoins to make

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

junan_paalla posted:

People say don't out all your eggs in one basket but I believed in the project so much that I did. I put everything I had in crypto investment (50% of my life savings) into nano near ATH. As the price started dropping, I put in the remaining 50% of my life savings to dollar cost average because I genuinely believed that with the rebranding, binance announcement, I would see a profit but the price kept dropping.

I was an idiot to buy using bitgrail instead of kucoin and now I have officially lost everything due to the alleged hack. I wish I could have withdrawn to my wallet but withdrawals were disabled.

I was also an idiot to put in more than I could lose. Money I had saved up by working so hard. I lost $120,000.

I believe in the project and idk how I am going to live with myself watching the price of nano soar over the months without me not having anything to invest in it.

Please don't do what I did. Please be cautious with your investments, diversify, and don't invest more than you are willing to lose. I know we all think that won't happen but you can...like I did...your money, your happiness and most importantly, your mental health.

This is so depressing. I feel so defeated in life. This was money that was going to go to my further education, my wedding, honeymoon, any travel plans, my downpayment. This puts me back at least 7-8 years in my life.

EDIT: Thanks for all the messages, they really mean a lot. I am as disgusted and disappointed in myself about all the ways this could have been avoided as some of you are.

You lost your money when you first put it into a get rich quick scheme dude sorry.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

ghosTTy posted:

100% o my net worth is in alt coins

sorry yo ur broke

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

ilmucche posted:

I saw it on the toronto star, think they had a quote from the real estate agent saying he was updating it daily. Either way, btc for house is bad.

well he could buy a half mil of fentanyl and hitmen easier this way

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Uranium 235 posted:

it's tough to say where that price spike originated. i compared the 1 min charts on bitfinex, gdax, and bitstamp, and they all showed increased volume at 9:21 and a volume peak at 9:23, which is when margin shorts began closing on bitfinex in very large numbers. about 1000 closed within a 15 minute period, and during that period most of them closed within the first 5 minutes. i think it was a deliberate attempt to force a short squeeze, either by one person or a group of people acting in coordination

it seems like it happened on multiple major exchanges simultaneously. i'm not sure if that's because whoever was pushing the price did so on all those exchanges, or if it was because automated traders watched the price action and volume on wherever it originated and then followed suit. doesn't really matter but it's interesting nonetheless

this stuff happens all the time in crypto

it happens in reverse too, we've seen huge amounts of bitcoins dumped on the market around 10 am-12 pm on 8 of the last 10 days, with big sell walls stacking the ask and automatically dropping down as the price drops

So I should buy more coins now right?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't think they ever got past the proof of concept stage.

I think thats where bitcoin got stuck at too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

These are the guys uber outsourced to write their cars AI