Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/CarmellaWWE/status/922703827278671872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

That was weird, but I won't deny that what Shane did makes a good amount of sense from a kayfabe angle, cause Raw is at the weakest it's been in a long time, what with Bray and Roman out from illness, and Braun still MIA from getting thrown in the garbage, not to mention the Smackdown roster showing up at the end of the show when everyone is exhausted

Although it also has the problem of both making the Smackdown roster look like a bunch of assholes, and making Raw look like a bunch of wimps

Smackdown has Dolph Ziggler. That alone makes their roster a bunch of assholes.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

AJ with an arm around Dolph

I knew that son of a bitch was Always Bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is really good.

This is also really good.

This is the goddamn best.

Also I just realized we might get at least a taste of that Becky/Asuka feud after all! :woop:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

achillesforever6 posted:

So is the story with Finn and Kane going to be that Finn has to be in dumb Demon King mode to beat Kane?

Yes.

They had Finn all the way back into a position to be a super hot babyface who could face Brock at the Royal Rumble after last night's match with AJ. Just so he could be the sucker jobbed out to Kane to try and make people think it will be a good program between Kane and Braun.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hype Bros should win whatever match against Raw they have just by being so excited they weird out the competition.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

drrockso20 posted:

That was weird, but I won't deny that what Shane did makes a good amount of sense from a kayfabe angle, cause Raw is at the weakest it's been in a long time, what with Bray and Roman out from illness, and Braun still MIA from getting thrown in the garbage, not to mention the Smackdown roster showing up at the end of the show when everyone is exhausted

Although it also has the problem of both making the Smackdown roster look like a bunch of assholes, and making Raw look like a bunch of wimps

Like that's ever a problem in WWE.

I'd like to see a time that a GM says to someone "yes I think you're a better wrestler than a member of my team, but I want better team cohesion" and then team teamwork win.

Remember last year? Where Dean Ambrose (Smackdown) came back after he'd been eliminated just to attack AJ styles in a mini sheild reunion?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Wazzu posted:

Like that's ever a problem in WWE.

I'd like to see a time that a GM says to someone "yes I think you're a better wrestler than a member of my team, but I want better team cohesion" and then team teamwork win.

Remember last year? Where Dean Ambrose (Smackdown) came back after he'd been eliminated just to attack AJ styles in a mini sheild reunion?

Actually I wasn't here last year, as I've mentioned in the past I've only been an active WWE fan for a couple months now(No Mercy was my first PPV)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Alicia Fox has done a Mark Henry and suddenly got awesome after 10 years of nothing

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Survivor series really making me realize how many heel champions there are. It’s a shame Mickey isn’t the champ, coulda had a women’s match where one of the competitors isn’t college aged.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

alicia has permanently owned since she began to hit people with the microphone and steal jbl's hat and throw water on the crowd, and more

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Midnightghoul posted:

When Two Tribes go to war
A 1.97 is all you can score

The E's no good
The E's no good
WWE's no good

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Alicia loving owns and has since she started the crazy gimmick a few years back. Its rare she gets any air time so I am gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Midnightghoul posted:

When Two Tribes go to war
A 1.97 is all you can score

That number is over 9000!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So this potential Alicia push is much appreciated, especially after that match when she imitated Bayley. I don’t want to get too hopeful, but at least she’s getting some deserved time in the spotlight now.

Are they punishing Finn for Bray not being able to compete by having him job to Kane? That’s a bit of a pisstake and sort of ruins the good ground he made last night.

If they wanted to push Emma as slightly competitive against Asuka, they should of given her good matches instead of jobbing her and then her unexpectedly giving Asuka a hard time. It feels like the start of tanking Asuka’s reputation and I hope they backtrack somehow or do more to paint Emma as a credible threat before they completely ruin her.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think Finn is just falling into the same trap that Bray is, where he can look "good" during a feud, but lose matches. Apparently the booking team thinks now it's ok for Finn to lose all his matches and then things will just be okay when he puts the paint on

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The beatdown was cool but it needed a better crowd and comentary.
I really like Becky, Nattie and Carmella.
The 2 sweet sign still bring memories of the NWO, i really liked the original formation.

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 lyfe

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I think Finn is just falling into the same trap that Bray is, where he can look "good" during a feud, but lose matches. Apparently the booking team thinks now it's ok for Finn to lose all his matches and then things will just be okay when he puts the paint on
They’ve probably just given up on the idea of Finn vs Brock for the Rumble. Meltzer was hinting on the latest WOR that they’re trying to get a special guest referee in for Survivor Series who would be an intriguing opponent for Brock

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

St Evan Echoes posted:

They’ve probably just given up on the idea of Finn vs Brock for the Rumble. Meltzer was hinting on the latest WOR that they’re trying to get a special guest referee in for Survivor Series who would be an intriguing opponent for Brock

Wasn't the rumor that Cena will be the ref and this will lead into him taking the belt off Jinder?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dacap posted:

Wasn't the rumor that Cena will be the ref and this will lead into him taking the belt off Jinder?

That is apparently the fallback option

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Is AJ going to Raw then? :(

He was at the back during all the attacks

Can see him turning on SD

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol Finn had a MOTYC at TLC then was squashed by Kane 24 hours later

gotta punish the midget with a funny accent for having a good match

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

RacistGuidingLight posted:

That number is over 9000!

No it's not...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They already think that Finn is a loser idiot geek. He will lose all his matches while the demon pumpkin will win some ones or whatever

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Wait, I thought we liked Kane?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

we liked Kane when he was a midcard jobber face, not being pushed to the main event as a heel

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Big E should be the Cena to Reigns' Batista.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was sad that Chad Gable beat up Justin Jordan. They were supposed to be bros :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

Survivor series really making me realize how many heel champions there are. It’s a shame Mickey isn’t the champ, coulda had a women’s match where one of the competitors isn’t college aged.

There's lots of faces now. Raw are faces after the heinous attack by Smackdown.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

There's lots of faces now. Raw are faces after the heinous attack by Smackdown.

That's what it seemed like to me. Like, the Smakdowners kinda came across as insane assholes? I dunno, maybe I missed something.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Tonight RAW's gonna do the exact same thing, just like last year.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those bitching about the Finn/Kane match, I think Finn lost because WWE is trying to separate Demon Finn and Normal Finn.

Notice how Demon Finn is undefeated on the main roster, while Normal Finn loses all the time. Also I don't think Kane will be feuding with Finn. Probably wasting time until Braun is back.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DarkstarIV posted:

For those bitching about the Finn/Kane match, I think Finn lost because WWE is trying to separate Demon Finn and Normal Finn.

Notice how Demon Finn is undefeated on the main roster, while Normal Finn loses all the time. Also I don't think Kane will be feuding with Finn. Probably wasting time until Braun is back.

I miss when Finn would just put on the paint for special matches because it looked cool. Trying to create a separate alter ego around it and making him a loser who can't win without it is so dumb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandman McMahon posted:

Rarity posted:

I love how every time Kane returns everyone gets excited for a couple of weeks before remembering that he sucks

Told ya

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

I miss when Finn would just put on the paint for special matches because it looked cool. Trying to create a separate alter ego around it and making him a loser who can't win without it is so dumb.

I wouldn't even mind if they were doing it well, but they aren't. It just makes Finn look like poo poo at the moment.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kane rules, and that gif of him and Show tossing Dolph, Dean and Bray out like trash remains the best thing we've gotten from a Rumble in the 2010s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kane is loving great.

Terrible at wrestling though.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Wazzu posted:

Yes.

They had Finn all the way back into a position to be a super hot babyface who could face Brock at the Royal Rumble after last night's match with AJ. Just so he could be the sucker jobbed out to Kane to try and make people think it will be a good program between Kane and Braun.

Honestly, I feel like Finn is teflon at this point. He's stayed over as hell despite some genuinely terrible booking since his return. That's not to defend the booking decision, because it's garbage, but they can easily heat Finn up again before the Rumble for a Brock match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

The dawn of the MAKE WAY NEW STARS era

• Locked thread