Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

PASS THE MASH posted:

Neville appears on the latest Ride-Along filmed after No Mercy. It’s pretty much what you’d expect.

what would I expect? Him needing a nap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Finn will probably beat Kane later after Braun beats Kane.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

A Real American

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Canadian posted:

Is it just me, or does that lighting really make Kofi look like Don Cheadle? Especially around the middle of that vid.

I am probably crazy :(

I didn't see it but looking at the thumbnail, kinda, with his teeth open and his mouth closed

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DEAR RICHARD posted:

under siege 2

Good movie.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Midnightghoul posted:

When Two Tribes go to war
A 1.97 is all you can score

That number is over 9000!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alan_Shore posted:

All you people who love Kane, this is your fault! I hope you're happy we got old, slow Kane steamrolling that sweet talent

Thank you. I hope you are happy, too.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

He'd lose faster and that'd be another thing quickly ruined

It shows restraint that even with a major injury and two more minor injuries, the Demon is still undefeated after over a year on the main roster. No other character made it past 6 months (Nia 6, Joe 5)

Those aren't particularly funny numbers...

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jiro posted:

Braun popping up from the backseats of the SD member's cars kicking their rear end and making them crash during Ride Along.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quasipox posted:

Yea, it's like I get it WWE, you gotta' build for Survivor Series, but that whole backstage assault thing left a bad taste in my mouth. For me at least, it made everyone on SD look like assholes, made Shane look like an even bigger rear end in a top hat, and just made everyone on RAW look like a joke. I have no issue with say, some heels showing up on their own without Shane to start some poo poo, but having everyone in on it just looks off.

Having Becky and the My Little Pony Freebirds acting like a hooting bloodthirsty horde was kinda off brand. Coulda been the Usos there? Corbin kinda shouldn't have been in the schmuck patrol, neither.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Grimace posted:

I assume Angle will be on Team Raw and Shane will be on Team SmackDown. Then Owens and Zayn will kill Shane and he will have to be replaced by a different SmackDown authority figure:

interim commissioner Hulk Hogan.

Last year they had Bayley stomping a mudhole in Nikki Bella in a 5-on-1 sneak attack beatdown for no real reason.

looks more like punching her mudhole

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fenrir posted:

I love Kane but he really has no business beating Finn loving Balor in TYOOL 2017. Especially after Finn just beat AJ Styles clean.

You misspelled tooL

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

If this doesn't lead to Sami and Owens ending up on Team Raw just to gently caress with Shane I'll be sad

It would be cool if they do an interference spot.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fenrir posted:

It's rare that I agree with your posts but this is a good one and a good idea that should happen.

People use that qualifier a lot for some reason.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

I'd also accept them being on Team SD and getting themselves immediately eliminated to start the match and give Raw a 5/3 advantage

Edge and Jericho, during John Cena's Stupid Team of loving Idiots, doing what was expected of them when John hand-picked them.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

shapedlikeafriend posted:

Survivor Series better have a Aiden English and Elias singing contest somewhere on it or else I'm knocking on Vince's door.

Does Volkov have a legends contract? Add him and R-Truth.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Well yeah, the more things change, the more they stay the same

Good things are actually bad

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bryan since he's there?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

doink, because smackdown is a clownshow!

He's dead!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

He's already the manager, besides even if he did get promoted that would still leave an open slot that would need to be filled

Raw doesn't have one...

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

Well she did show up on Smackdown when Kevin Owens beat up Vince

Maybe she's the commissioner of Smackdown?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm saying she doesn't deserve a push because she's lovely in the ring, and she's acting like she deserves a push for almost killing people / ending their careers in the ring. If she's not happy, she should leave. Except I don't think many people will feel sympathetic to her if that ends up being the reason she left is because she felt she should be higher on the totem pole despite being a pile of garbage in the ring.

What is "deserves"? If she was promised something that was renegged, then she should let them float.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DarkstarIV posted:

There have been reports from various sites (incl Sports Illustrated) saying that she is/probably could play the Rock card for more leverage when/if she comes back.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2017/10/18/wwe-wrestling-news-neville-bullet-club

An unfair advantage to an unfairly disadvantaged. She doesn't have a "union card" or a "above board contract card".

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Strawberry Panda posted:

If Nia was given smoke and mirrors matches like Braun she would probably look good. Hell, she was good in that 5 way.

What smoke and mirrors match? Braun's legit good.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

NIA JAX loving SUCKS!

She's good.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

yall sure do like to pick and choose who is and isn't allowed to be upset at a bad situation

Punk still gets laughed at for leaving, meanwhile everyone can't wait for Bryan to go

Neville's the hero, Nia's spoiled

Yeah. Except the "Bryan's a dumb baby" bloc is pretty loud.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Invalid Validation posted:

Punk is a much smarter man than most wrestlers and fans.

uuhhh

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sorta wanna bring up Zack Ryder, who is dumb as hell, and blows rear end, and was, regardless, given a raw deal cuz he called their meritocracy bluff. He got sympathy but was also considered a whiner after a while, on this board.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cavauro posted:

it's the same with all athletics, sports, etc. Bad ball players don't get the equivalent of a "push", and decent ones who are too difficult to handle don't move up either. they usually Move out. i can't think of any recent examples in the NFL but look at mahmoud Abdul-Rauf from basketball. great player to have on your team, too annoying or whatever, opportunities dried up. the key is working hard but working smart. even when you are on the bottom It bears repeating that winning percentage and continuity are not as important as some want to believe. if you never move up, at least you had the privilege Of working for the big time. there are lifelong perks to something like that.

if someone is such a big mark for themselves that they can't handle it then it's still a good idea to stick around and get famous enough that they can get a lot of money wrestling a few times a year in front of whatever MLW, WCPW, UPW or 3PW crowds

Hard work being smart not being annoying blah blah is a good way to work within the system, I do this and so does every employed person. The problem discussed is the system, and most of the grievances brought up are salient to that argument.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

lol

if you are unhappy with your job, you should leave. no employer is doing you a favor by hiring you. working for the wwe is, by almost all accounts, very lovely. everyone who is not getting paid enough to deal with that bullshit should leave.

everyone is still an independent contractor, right?

Ideally, but let's face it, poverty loving sucks. The reason that Weinstein guy who I understand was a real bear to work with didn't get a lot of people speaking up against him is cuz of what happened to the few that spoke up against him. What brought him down and is keeping them there is an ace from, of all things, the insurgent Big Foot watcher media people. Ain't that rich.
If Nia has an ace, she should play it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

When did cavauro become a serious poster

When has he posted anything insincere?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cavauro posted:

if anyone doesn't Love the community then they can get outta here. (posted without malice)
Fine. Gimme a sixer, J-ru.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHm9-ssr5g

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think she has substantial room to tighten her craft even in her role as the indomitable hoss. A better comparison to make for Nia would be The Big Show or Kevin Nash.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/923536906591395845

Congrats to the WWE for still making money despite attendance being lower.

Those numbers are over 9000!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The only word I ever understood out of the mouths of the Red Hot Chili Peppers was California so like yeah I'm pretty bad at it too

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

He has lost weight. You can see it in the video:

https://twitter.com/LeoGaoWWE/status/917950170532401152

Something ZZ from Tough Enough didn't seem able to do.

wb

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I don't pay much attention to MMA. Why's Rousey's star fallen? I know she lost a bunch of fights and lost her whole monster image but is it anything more than that? That kind of seems like the natural path for a fighter who isn't an all time legend. Was it something more like she was getting fed bum opponents or just was tops of a bad division?

She lost two fights. To two of the ladies that had very good striking skills, compared to Rousey's 0 striking skills. After the first one, Holly Holms, she lost a lot of confidence, GSP style, where her aura of an unbeatable champ was shattered. This devastated her.
Her second fight, it was a bad paring, Amanda Nunez was a far and away superior striker. Still winnable, Nunez has terrible gas, but she took the fight to her. So she retired. She coulda had a dece career out of smacking around the shallow talent pool, and even become champ again, against the right champ.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

She lost in the most humiliating ways and nobody wants her back in the UFC
yeah they would. Those hundreds of millions that Connor/Mayweather? Most were not fight fans, most thought it would be competitive, and a large chunk of those thought it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gumball Gumption posted:

I won't disagree she has a presence and would do great if this is for just a couple of fights. I just can't see this as a long term thing unless they book her as the Brock of the Women's division. She just doesn't have the likability to be a white meat baby face and she spent her ufc career pretending to be a heel. She always had a bad attitude in the ring and was one of those fighters who had to hate their opponents.

Good. We've come full circle and any face women wrestler's gimmick is essentially "smile". A piece of poo poo attitude would be refreshing.

• Locked thread