Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Big E seems like a genuinely fun person.

Imagine, if you will, the alternate dimension where The New Day was never started, and Vince got to book Big E as the glowering black power hoss that he wanted to.

Then imagine how quickly the goofy fun-ness that we see in Big E now would have been crushed.

Also in that world, Kofi would have quit years ago, and Xavier would have been let go and would now be losing at video games at conventions around the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Lets take all the wrestling out of the Nia situation.

A woman who is unhappy and frustrated at work asks for advice from a relative who is experienced and successful in the same industry. That relative advises her to prioritize her happiness over her job.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of that. If you wanted to muddy the waters you could add in that said woman is arguably not the best at her job, (although not the worst), and that said employer has a history of lying, an adminitsration that rewards bullying and a sexist culture. Which still doesn't make Nia out to be that much of the bad guy.

I support any wrestler who leaves WWE for reasons of personal happiness and satisfaction. Cody, Punk, Neville, perhaps Nia, and all the others are completely in the right for putting their happiness/wellbeing over the whims of the WWE and the WWE audience.

All that being said, I still like watching those who choose to stay and do pretend fighting for my amusement, I just don't begrudge them if they choose they no longer want to do it for Vince.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's also a salient point that she's gotta be catching a lot of poo poo backstage for her weight/body type. I mean this is the same company that's actively poo poo on Kevin Owens for his size and bullied a star commentator for the crime of 'having a history of mental illness.' The WWE is a bizarre carny time capsule of poo poo coupled with unfettered corporate avarice.

This, a thousand times this. The two instances you have mentioned are men, but it is worse for women.

Sure there is the Women's Revolution, (thank you Stephanie), but never forget this is a company that had the face announcer shout "puppies" at any opportunity, called Molly Holly out for having a fat arse, (and it was the faces doing the body shaming), and mocked Bayley for being a sexless ugly virgin just because she chooses not to dress like a slut. (Also a company that used slut and bitch as their main pejorative insults.)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Erebus posted:

Ronda Rousey couldn't get a remake of loving Road House off the ground once she started losing in UFC. So much of her cachet was built around the image of being an unstoppable monster, I dunno what's left for WWE to lean on besides "here's a name you've heard before."

"Heres a name you've heard before" is exactly the kind of poo poo that gets Vince's dick hard. "Here's a name you've heard before", translates , (to him), as mainstream famous. And we all know about his desperate quest for mainstream acceptability/respect. It doesn't matter how far her name has fallen in UFC/MMA circles, or indeed how actually famous she is now. If Vince has heard of her outside a ring, then she is a superduperstar in the outside world that will elevate WWE.

Also, stop poo pooing Rhonda so much. She has a little charisma, and she is athletic, so she'll be fine. It's not like WWE give their women anything important to do, or any significant screen time. The scenario I envisage is that she ends up being the rah rah USA USA face to finally defeat the inscrutable evil foreigner Asuka clean for the title at a big PPV.

Which will suck, but hey, it's the WWE. We don't get to have nice fun things.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The Miz was always good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

mostly unrelated but I wish wrestlers would stop talking about how much they respect their opponent. Like who cares, call them a trash dick or something.

This is from Chris Jerichos book, but basically it is Rule #1 of promos.

If you call your opponent a trash dick and you win, it doesn't matter coz you are only good enough to beat a trash dick.
If you call your opponent a trash dick and you lose, then you just got your arse handed to you by a trash dick.

So by elevating your opponent, (or trying to), you elevate yourself.

• Locked thread