Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What tribe are you supporting?
This poll is closed.
Team Raw 2 2.30%
Team Smackdown 17 19.54%
It's the same company, Jerusalem :rolleyes: 68 78.16%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kane squashed Finn :lol: :laffo: :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

So is the story with Finn and Kane going to be that Finn has to be in dumb Demon King mode to beat Kane?

The story will probably be "Kane needs to be strong so he can stand a chance against Braun"

Finn's monkeys paw was "get away from Bray", shouldn't have forgot about the whole easy "needing to win" thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

The whole "it's Survivor Series and suddenly we are rabid brand-loving street gangs" thing never stops bugging me. Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode are beating people up together. Becky Lynch is suckerpunching Bayley.

Lone Wolf Baron Corbin now a yes man doing what his boss asks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

The only thing of note Corbin did was beat up some random backstage worker. Perfectly in keeping with his character.

He was one of the two guys directly in the ring making sure Kurt got in like Shane wanted

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/922682231801475073

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kane rules, and that gif of him and Show tossing Dolph, Dean and Bray out like trash remains the best thing we've gotten from a Rumble in the 2010s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Also, gently caress if I can figure out Sami or Owens' motivation in this. "I fight for what's right." what the hell does that mean, dude.

Sami and Owens weren't there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

:rolleyes: Okay guys, nice try, then who's that fat guy in the blue shirt, wait poo poo, that's just Corbin.

This is an insult to Kevin Owens' hair

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a match where the build is someone not being taken seriously enough to even directly make fun of, and the Singhs will be at ringside with Heyman. It's at least going to be not a squash, so the GDT's going to definitely be worth the read

Rooting for the #1Khallas

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

But that just begs the question, why doesn't he just always come out as the demon?

He'd lose faster and that'd be another thing quickly ruined

It shows restraint that even with a major injury and two more minor injuries, the Demon is still undefeated after over a year on the main roster. No other character made it past 6 months (Nia 6, Joe 5)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ginyu force

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

If this doesn't lead to Sami and Owens ending up on Team Raw just to gently caress with Shane I'll be sad

I'd also accept them being on Team SD and getting themselves immediately eliminated to start the match and give Raw a 5/3 advantage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Both teams are going to have a ton of midcarders anyway at this point with how the rest of the card's looking. Like by default there will be no champs there

Might as well make the match at least interesting/funny

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

someone find the drawing of bayley doing the kane pose and tubemen coming out of the ring posts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Well yeah, the more things change, the more they stay the same

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.si.com/2017/10/25/wrestling-news-nia-jax-dwayne-johnson-wwe

SI posted:

Sports Illustrated learned that Jax balked at the idea of losing clean to Sasha Banks at TLC. She called her cousin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, to ask for his advice, and Johnson encouraged her to walk away if she was unhappy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

hasn't she already lost to Sasha a bunch anyway

I think it's got more to do with it being on the preshow

real soon after she clearly was made aware they lied to her about ever pulling the trigger on that title feud with alexa

and at the same time asuka's debuting so she's never really going to get that feud or spot in the future

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

On the other other hand, Nia isn't very good and an Alexa/Nia program would've sucked, so I'm not exactly crying here.

Oh yeah it definitely wouldn't have been good

But with Asuka up now, Nikki coming soon, and MYC people obviously coming up soon after that, there's not exactly much more chances to even make anything but preshow from here on

If you want something that involves you having any, let alone consistent, TV time, your window is closing really fast

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Don't ever side with the WWE, imo. Their track record proves they don't deserve it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two Beans posted:

goons: "Nia Jax sucks and she shouldn't wrestle!"

scoopz: "Nia Jax is unsatisfied with the direction of her career and has taken herself out of wrestling."

goons: "The nerve of Nia Jax! Who in the hell does she think she is?!"

it's literally only one or two weirdos

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yall sure do like to pick and choose who is and isn't allowed to be upset at a bad situation

Punk still gets laughed at for leaving, meanwhile everyone can't wait for Bryan to go

Neville's the hero, Nia's spoiled

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least everyone was glad Juice Robinson moved the gently caress on from this wasteland

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Punk leaving was, is and always will be good as gently caress. Much like Punk himself.

I agree completely. Doesn't mean a lot of people here didn't laugh and say he deserved it when his MMA fight went poorly

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kevin Owens has wrestled 29 straight PPVs. Next closest is Styles with 21
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/10/25/16546692/consecutive-ppv-streak-wwe-hell-in-a-cell-tlc-2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Since Rovert's not here, I guess I have to carry his bags. Ahem:

Wow, congrats to Dave for actually mentioning in the SOBserver who was #behindthecurtain at the Performance Center. Welcome to the worst company in the world, ronda rousey

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vaguido posted:

Jinder's carrying the title until Wrestlemania.

:woop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you're a Rusev fan, you're in luck. He's going to be part of a team in the coming weeks!

With Aiden English

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

#WhereIsReigns

Everyone on camera should be asking #WhereIsReigns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

That's bizarre cause on WOL with Bryan he seemed lukewarm on it at best.

This makes sense. Who cares about 4 stars when there's 6.25 stars now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when Kane beat Finn in 2017

Remember when Kane beat Harper in 2016

Remember when Kane and Show dumped Dean, Dolph, and Bray out of the Rumble like trash in 2015

I can't wait to see what Kane does in 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Kanetober yall

http://www.wwe.com/gallery/lana-charlotte-natalya-naomi-becky-lynch-smackdown-halloween-kane-tribute-photos#fid-40139039

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

I thought we were meant to be past the point of overtly objectifying the women superstars :negative:

Vince and HHH didn't suddenly die, no

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I don't pay much attention to MMA. Why's Rousey's star fallen? I know she lost a bunch of fights and lost her whole monster image but is it anything more than that? That kind of seems like the natural path for a fighter who isn't an all time legend. Was it something more like she was getting fed bum opponents or just was tops of a bad division?

She lost in the most humiliating ways and nobody wants her back in the UFC

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Also could’ve continued on with a decent career if she had any kind of brains and told Edmund to gently caress off.

She's the only fan of Edmund and genuinely thinks he's done a good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dias posted:

I'm legit wondering if he isn't mistaking Ronda for Gina Carano.

They legit tried to get a movie career for Ronda, with Entourage and the Furious film supposed to be the start

You can blame either her bad acting or her bad MMA career end for why that fell apart, but uhhh if you're making an argument that it just plain Didn't fall apart, best of luck there. You'll need it

• Locked thread