Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hey, I thought that since we had one in the anime forum, and with both Links out and the sequel/interquel to Cyber Sleuth coming out, it'd be nice to have a new thread to replace the CS one that's archived.

Current/Upcoming Releases:

Digimon Links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oajAz5INpoI

Digimon Links, or Linkz as it's known in Japan, is a smartphone game, currently available only on Android in the US and on multiple platforms in Japan. It's a combination of good old fashioned rpg grinding and gacha elements, with you rolling for certain Digimon as well as hatching and raising them in game. You collect evolution fuel by doing quests, either through the very barebones story mode or through daily quests and limited time events. Getting a good Digimon requires a lot of time, investment, and probably shelling out money. The general gameplay system and graphics are derived from Cyber Sleuth, with some additions and a more grindy, micro-transactions-friendly raising system. If you expect memorable characters and a robust storyline, this isn't the place to go for it, as the only distinct character is Hina, your navigator.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kM4NEBXtg

Hacker's Memory is the upcoming sequel to the original Cyber Sleuth, which had a thread here. Rather than following after the end of that game, Hacker's Memory is "another side" to the story, where you take the role of Keisuke Amazawa, a young man who has his identity stolen leading to him becoming a fugitive. In order to clear his name, he sides with a group of Hackers named "Hudie". The events of HaMe will overlap with that of Cyber Sleuth, with multiple characters returning as well as new ones. New systems include Territorial Battle Quest where you work with your own team to gain territory over other Hackers in a sort of strategy mode where you control multiple characters, who you can build friendship levels with.

This game boasts a number of Digimon in addition to the last one, including a number of fan-favorites such as OmegaShoutmon (OmniShoutmon to fans in the west), the evolutions of Dracomon, KaiserGreymon, MagnaGarurumon, and other Hybrids from Frontier, members of the Olympus 12, as well as the most recent Anniversary Digimon, Hackmon and Zubamon.

Hacker's Memory comes out on December 14th in Japan, and January 17th, 2018, in the US. It will have physical and digital versions for the PS4, but will only be digital on the Vita, like its predecessor. The game will also come packaged with the original Cyber Sleuth in Japan (which never got the PS4 version), and has a number of special editions and pre-order bonuses:

- Pre-ordering in the west gets you Sistermon Ciel and Blanc (with Ciel being changed from the Noir of the Japanese version), "Omnimon NX, Crusadermon NX, and Leopardmon NX", which are super deformed versions of said Digimon based on Bandai's NXEdge figures, and special outfits.
- Japan's early purchase items include Sistermon Noir and Blanc, Omegamon/Omnimon NX, special outfits, and a membership card for Hudie.
- Various Japanese store exclusive versions split up various digimon found in the above versions.
- Finally, Japan has a 20th Anniversary Box, which includes a special artwork, a 170 page artbook covering the history of the Digimon Story sub-series, NX versions of Gallantmon (or Dukemon if you prefer) and Alphamon , a soundtrack CD, an employee card for the Kuremi Detective Agency, and a special version of the game that will have accompanying music from every Digimon anime series from Adventure through Xros Wars.

Other Games

In addition to the original Cyber Sleuth, last year saw the American release of Digimon World: Next Order, which is a game in the style of the original Digimon World. Its gameplay is a combination of RPG elements and the monster raising simulation of the V-Pets. Unfortunately, it's widely considered to be rather short and a step down from previous, with the PS4/International Edition having to address this by adding new Digimon and scenarios. Before that, there was Digimon World - Re: Digitize, released for the PSP as well as getting an expanded release for the 3DS, which helped revitalize Digimon as a video game franchise, but unfortunately has never been released in the West, but a translated patch for the PSP version exists in the wild.

Other then that, there's Digimon Heroes for mobile devices which is a mobile gacha card game that's a stripped down version of the Digimon Crusaders game from Japan, and a Digimon Universe: Applimonsters game for the 3DS that I hear is pretty fun. And of course, a number of games released in previous decades for the franchise as well as a myriad of virtual pets and digivice toys. And of course, the Digimon Masters Online mmo, which is somehow still trucking alone.

List of Games in the Franchise:

Digimon Wonderswan Series - RPGS for Bandai's portable Wonderswan Color console, all untranslated
    Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer
    Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers
    Digimon Adventure 02: D-1 Tamers
    Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer

Digimon World series - Various gameplay styles, only the original, Re: Digitize, and Next Order sharing the same one
    Digimon World - (PS1) [rpg + monster raising]
    Digimon World 2 - (PS1) [roguelike, RPG systems]
    Digimon World 3 - (PS1) [standard rpg]
    Digimon World 4 - (PS2, Gamecube, X-Box) [action rpg]
    Digimon World: Re: Digitize - (PSP)
    -Re:Digitize Decode - (3DS)
    Digimon World: Next Order - (Vita)
    - International Edition (PS4, and also for the Vita in Japan)

Digimon Story - Monster training rpg, known as the "Digimon World DS" series in the West for the first several releases
    Digimon Story/Digimon World DS - (Nintendo DS)
    Digimon Story: Sunburst and Moonlight/Digimon World Dawn/Dusk - (Nintendo DS)
    Digimon Story: Lost Evolution - (Nintendo DS, never released in the West)
    Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars - (Nintendo DS, based on Xros Wars, never released in US)
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - (Vita, with PS4 release coming later in the west)
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory - [PS4, Vita]

Fighting Games
    Digimon Rumble Arena- (PS1)
    Digimon Rumble Arena 2 - (PS2, Gamecube, X-Box)
    Digimon Battle Spirit - (Wonderswan Color, GBA), [features characters from first three series]
    Digimon Battle Spirit 2 - (Wonderswan Color, GBA), [focuses on characters from Frontier]
    Digimon All-Star Rumble - (PS3, X-Box 360, America/Europe only)

MMOs
    Digimon Battle - (Service terminated)
    Digimon Masters Online - (Somehow not dead)

Mobile Titles - Only listing American ones because Japan has too many exclusive ones
    Digimon Heroes - (Android, iOS), [mobile card gacha]
    Digimon Links - (Android, iOS in Japan), [monster raising, rpg gacha]

Other Titles
    Digimon Digital Card Battle - (PS1), [based loosely on the card game, sort of a quasi sequel to the original Digimon World, but also has anime characters. Also, actually a sequel to a game that never made it out of Japan]
    Digimon World Championship - (Nintendo DS), [monster collection and raising game, no rpg elements or story]
    Digimon World Data Squad/Digimon Savers Another Mission - (PS2), [rpg, sidestory/gaiden for the fifth anime series]
    Digimon Adventure - (PSP), [rpg retelling events of the first anime series]

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A few corrections on the first post:

TFRazorsaw posted:

Digimon Links, or Linkz as it's known in Japan, is a smartphone game, currently available only on Android in the US and on multiple platforms in the US.

This sentence contradicts itself and I'm not sure what you're trying to say either. I guess the second US is not meant to be US but Japan.

quote:

Hacker's Memory is the upcoming sequel to the original Cyber Sleuth, which had a thread [url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762076]here[/u].

Broken url tag. You also lack a ) on the Omega/OmniShoutmon thing below this.

quote:

Hacker's Memory comes out on December 14th in Japan, and January 17th, 2018, in the US. It will have physical and digital versions for the PS4, but will only be digital on the Vita, like its predecessor. The game will also come packaged with the original Cyber Sleuth in Japan (which never got the PS4 version)

Not a correction, but do we have any confirmation that that's Japan-only? Because it'd suck for me if it is, I don't have Cyber Sleuth and this felt like a perfect opportunity to play it.

quote:

Before that, there was Digimon World - Re: Digitize, released for the PSP as well as getting an expanded release for the 3DS, which helped revitalize Digimon as a video game franchise, but unfortunately has never been released in the West, but a translated patch for the Vita version exists in the wild.

The PSP version. There's no such thing as a Vita version of Re: Digitize.

Beyond those corrections, I feel it's also important to point this out, as sad as it may be: most Digimon games are bad. There's no two ways to put it, they're often grindy as hell and not particularly well-built systems-wise. There's exceptions, the aforementioned Cyber Sleuth is widely liked (though I can't give a personal comment), the Rumble Arena duology are pretty fun fighters (although the first is much better than the second) and most importantly...

quote:

Digimon Digital Card Battle - (PS1), [based loosely on the card game, sort of a quasi sequel to the original Digimon World, but also has anime characters. Also, actually a sequel to a game that never made it out of Japan]

...this one is an incredibly fun game and absolutely recommended.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I liked Next 0rder more than Cyber Sleuth :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I made the corrections.

And no, the CS pack-in apparently isn't in the US version. Your best bet is to get it now that the price has gone down.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've seen people complain about Next Order in multiple places. What's wrong with it overall and how different is it from Re: Digitize?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mostly that it’s much shorter and that its roster is much more reliant on recolors. It’s also just not really that difficult.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like Next Order a good bit but yea there's a loooot of recolors with extremely narrow differences in how you get them, and all in all it's a pretty easy game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I've seen people complain about Next Order in multiple places. What's wrong with it overall and how different is it from Re: Digitize?

The biggest issue people have with N0 is the fact that uses a good amount of recolors as raisable Digimon while also excluding a bunch of digimon present on the original Digimon World. That said, Next 0rder actually has more Digimon that the original release of Digitize had.

Gameplay-wise, Next 0rder is a massive improvement for the World formula, streamlining its mechanics and making it much more accesible to the players. However, this came with the price of taking away the sense of discovery and exploration that made the original Digimon World so special. Next 0rder also suffers from having poorly paced story.

I liked Next 0rder more than CS because it let's you actually get engaged on the raising of your Digimon and depending how you raise them, every single one is viable in combat. A sharp contrast to CS that made very impersonal the raising of Digimon and its combat balance that made only a handful of Digimon actually useful. Next 0rder's ExE mechanic is also the hypest poo poo ever.

Anyways, regarding Sistermon Ciel, Noir was changed to avoid controversy due the religious imaginary present on her design. That said, according to the Game's producer, Ciel is considered a separate digimon entirely that doesn't replace Noir as the sister of Blanc

Habu via Google Translate posted:

Noir recalled religious images, and treatment in North America became NG. Ciel is treated differently as Noir and Blanc are treated as sisters.

https://twitter.com/habumon/status/923044835791028229

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

That's honestly very odd, considering the other clear religious references everywhere. Maybe it's the fact that Sistermon Noir looks a LOT like a normal, human nun holding a cross as a gun, as opposed to an armored monster or a clearly fantasy angel woman or something. Like "ok, this is just not far enough out there to be ok".

Still, though, it seems very odd. It also seems like it's possibly a censorship decision from the Japanese side, and they might think there would be more controversy than there actually would.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Did anyone see that Digimon story: hacker's memory will be released here in mid hurray next year?

Winder if we'll get the first game as a pack in bonus.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I loving loved Digimon World 1 on PS. That was my poo poo back in the day.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ineffiable posted:

Did anyone see that Digimon story: hacker's memory will be released here in mid hurray next year?

Winder if we'll get the first game as a pack in bonus.

Bandai Europe already confirmed they won't be doing that in the west.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Hopefully that one dude who did the re:digitize translation patch can eventually get around to doing the 3DS version, then we can have the definitive Sequel-To-Digimon-World Experience.

Next Order is still worth a good chunk of time even if it isn't particularly difficult, and I guess enough people bought it and CS that we're getting CS2 not only announced before the JP release, but extremely close behind it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DigimonHeroes/status/924983942813573120

gently caress

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm loathe to say it but... good riddance? I mean, it doesn't have the story content from Crusaders, all the profile information in it was badly translated, and the editing of a lot of the cards in it was really, really bad. After that all you're left with is crummy gameplay in a lackluster package.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm loathe to say it but... good riddance? I mean, it doesn't have the story content from Crusaders, all the profile information in it was badly translated, and the editing of a lot of the cards in it was really, really bad. After that all you're left with is crummy gameplay in a lackluster package.

It does have the plot line from Crusaders

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

but none of the story bits.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TFRazorsaw posted:

but none of the story bits.

Er, yes it does. That is the Aegiomon Quest entire thing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

weird. when I played it that didn't seem to BE there. Just the blurbs for levels and events.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm looking forward to Hacker's Memory because it looks like they finally threw in some more good non-humanoid Megas.

I was always kinda annoyed Megidramon wasn't Guilmon's 'real' final form in Tamers, its way more rad than Gallantmon and one of them is totally going to be my ace in Hacker's Memory.

Digimon has a really unfortunate habit of turning cool non-humanoid designs into boring 'dude in armor' stuff at max level. Where are all my cool dino bros at???

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

It's because Humanoid Digimon are better than Bestial Digimon

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Okay some news about Hacker's Memory:

12 minutes of gameplay from a stream earlier today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PTB-22ivo

Alphamon Ouryuken is in but that means regular Alphamon only has one special attack now.

It seems Europe will get Sistermon Noir instead of Ciel like the US

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoDE/status/923807750647373824

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'm gonna be honest, I'm really hoping Arkadimon is playable/usable in Hacker's Memory, even if he's locked behind the post game. No, having him show up as a villain, presumably the main one, isn't enough for me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

serefin99 posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I'm really hoping Arkadimon is playable/usable in Hacker's Memory, even if he's locked behind the post game. No, having him show up as a villain, presumably the main one, isn't enough for me.

Good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SNY27-fv3o

Also, here's our first look at the Sistermon

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SNY27-fv3o

Also, here's our first look at the Sistermon

Yoooooooooooo

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm still playing Links :negative: and oh man, Bandai. Please stop with the bad events.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I gave up a while ago. What's been happening?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TFRazorsaw posted:

Pay 2 play every event. I'm trying for my +1 PrinceMamemon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

Every event so far has been awful chip-based events. It costs stones to roll for chips, the only way to reliably get the tokens to get materials is to get chips and play the buggy, slow and badly designed muliplayer. We've had two advent quests since the initial start up event, Metal Etemon and Prince Mamemon. The prince mamemon one has lasted almost a month, meanwhile they keep churning out week long chip events to try and force people to pay for chips, then pay to refresh their energy to have a shot at getting a mega at all.

As a F2P player the only megas I've gotten outside of the initial roll have been mega kabuterimon and rosemon, both of which came from the starting event. I haven't been able to get enough fragments from any of these awful chip events.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

that's disappointing but not surprising

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad I downloaded it, opened it, saw how horribly Facebook game-like it was, closed it and never came back. It sounds just as awful as I imagined.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

that's disappointing but not surprising

It's not as bad as some of the other bandai mobile games I've played. But it's still disappointing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://withthewill.net/threads/19186-New-Digimon-Story-Game-Being-Developed

quote:

In a new interview, Producer Habu goes over a few recent Digimon game related details, such as the PS4 ports being made for an international audience, but he also brings up that a new 'non' Cyber Sleuth Digimon Story game is being made.

Perhaps even more interesting, based on what he says, it appears this title might have been begun development before Hacker's Memory (or at least roughly concurrent.)

It appears part of Hacker's Memory being produced was that the new title would take a longer period of time to make, and they wanted to make sure Digimon fans would have a new game to play without an extended wait time, or as he puts it "not dampening the fans’ enthusiasm."

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I really want a revamp of 2. Digimon World 2 was probably one of my favorite PS1 games (Definitely top 3) and definitely my favorite Digimon World game.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

A latin american fansite translated more tidbits of the interview

quote:

- Before Digimon, Habu-san was an employee of Namco and was involved in projects such as the videogame sagas "Tekken" or "Soul Calibur".

-Although the first series of the Digimon anime caught him something grown up, during his childhood he was influenced by "Bikkuriman", which made him take interest later on Digimon.

-Worked as production assistant for the title Digimon Story: Lost Evolution, during the planning of the anime Digimon Xros Wars, which gave rise to another title of the Story saga shortly after, Super Xros Wars, also developed by Lost Evolution's producer

-Despite common belief, Habu emphasizes again the idea that Digimon video games have always followed an independent line from the anime (with a few exceptions) since the first V-Pets of the franchise, which emerged the videogame Digital Monster Ver. S ~ Digimon Tamers ~ in 1998, to later plant the bases with the original Digimon World of 1999. Despite this, it is natural that some anime characters may have appeared in certain games during the broadcast of the series, or even influenced when selecting the main Digimon. At this point, he mention some titles directly linked to anime as the saga of games for WonderSwan or Digimon Savers: Another Mission, although in the sagas World and Story there the only exception to date of Super Xros Wars. Still, Habu reaffirms the idea that the aesthetics in Digimon video games before Re: Digitize was primarily aimed at children who potentially followed the animated series, this being the moment in which it was decided to opt for a more adult approach and that it continues now.

-Habu mentions that it was really Xros Wars what marked a turning point in what the most adult aesthetics of video games is concerned. According to him, Digimon Xros Wars tried to capture the attention of the younger generations by introducing the "DigiXros" instead of the traditional evolution, although finally, the average audience in the series turned out to be older than initially expected. Furthermore, both Digimon Story: Lost Evolution and Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue & Red, which were released during that time, were very popular among high school and college students at the time, that is, those who grew up with the first V -Pets of Digimon. It was precisely the sector of fandom that did not get used to the aesthetics of Digimon Xros Wars, which marked the direction to follow from the launch of Super Xros Wars, and made Digimon opted for the traditional method of evolution to the detriment of more "DigiXros".

- All this, motivated Habu to devise a product that was therefore focused on a more adult audience, realizing the imbalance that existed between what the fandom claimed and the vision that most managers had about Digimon. However, for this reason, it had enough problems when it came to convincing company executives to develop a videogame for PlayStation Portable instead of Nintendo 3DS, a platform traditionally associated with a more childish audience. Lost Evolution and Super Xros Wars were not sales successes, and the budget was quite limited at that time, but still the joint effort of the companies that developed Re: Digitize somehow managed to move the game forward.

-Looking back, Habu recognizes that there were some points of Re: Digitize that he would have liked to polish, although the game turned out to have decent sales which, added to the great popularity acquired by the Mobage Digimon Collectors, finally Namco Bandai consider that "perhaps Digimon could also be aimed at a more adult audience", thus making possible the creation of Cyber Sleuth.

-According to Habu, the average age of the current Digimon World fan who grew up with the original V-Pets would currently be around 25 years, while the Digimon Story, which was introduced during the generation of Digimon Savers, would come to be one or two years younger.
>-Also, he confirms again that Cyber Sleuth was developed to meet the expectations of Digimon fans who grew up with the first anime series, which at that time were already in their twenties. Precisely for this reason, the title plays with the essential computer aspects popularized by Digimon during its beginnings, such as the Artificial Intelligence programs known as Digital Monsters, or the associations of hackers or hackers, which meant since then the evolution of the franchise in parallel to technological progress. As a result, Habu again makes it clear that the basic premise from which Digimon emerges is the abnormal existence of digital monsters in the Human World, and how this conception changes as encounters between Human and Digimon occur, and links are established between them.

-One of the main motivations when designing a product like Cyber Sleuth, was to show the different generations of Digimon fans, regardless of the product with which they entered the Digimon universe, which was precisely this origin and premise basic in common from which the franchise started in its origins.

-Due to the great success of Cyber Sleuth both in Japan and the West, the team began work on a new installment of the Story saga that would expand the horizons of Digimon in the Japanese market and also outside its borders. Habu mentions that due to the great popularity that the PlayStation 4 has acquired in the West, this was the primary platform chosen to make the leap to this market.

-In this point, the development of Digimon World: Next Order for the West is mentioned, of which Habu recognizes it was considered to rebuilt it from scratch for the PS4, but being a project that would have needed between 3 and 4 years of development, it was decided decided for a port directly from the PS Vita. It was too long since Cyber Sleuth's release, and He considered of vital importance to give the fans some continuity in what new titles are concerned. It is precisely with this idea that Hacker's Memory subsequently emerged, which in parallel to the production of a new installment of the Story saga, brings a completely new approach to the history of Cyber Sleuth, and thus helps to meet the growing demand of the fans who enjoyed the original story. In return, Habu aimed with this new delivery that the saga Digimon Story captures the attention of the largest number of potential public, being able to enjoy Hacker's Memory without having to previously played Cyber Sleuth.

-Although during the production of Cyber Sleuth the possibility of developing Hacker's Memory wasn't contemplated, Habu did see the need down the line to elaborate upon the problem related to the groups of hackers in Cyberspace, which was somewhat diluted with the introduction of the Royal Knights in the original game.

-Habu highlights the remarkable difference between Takumi / Ami Aiba, protagonists of the original game, and Keisuke Amazawa, protagonist of Hacker's Memory. In this sense, the producer confesses that with the passage of time, it is more difficult for him to sympathize with the classic Shonen hero, passionate and talented, which contrasts with the image of a more human protagonist, who leads an ordinary life, and in spite of the adversities, always tries to give the best of himself even in extreme situations. In this archetype is where Keisuke would fit and is precisely what determines the character of Hacker's Memory.

-One of the great aspects in which Hacker's Memory deepens is related to the keyword Hudie / Butterfly, which derives from the "Butterfly dream" of Zhuangzi, which is based on the idea that the Digital World is nothing more than an extension of the Real World and part of our daily life, until you start to ask what the "real world" really is. As an example, we have hackers who lead a normal life in the real world, but are "special" in the Digital World, so in the situation of having to choose between protecting one of the two, which one would you choose? In this section Erika Mishima has a key role in the game.

-The interviewer mentions that Hacker's Memory introduces a new functionality of sale of Digimon, which is a revolution with respect to the previous entry, and believes could subtract the emotional value of a Digimon by reducing it to a kind of " object of exchange ", to which Habu responds that although it does not influence intrinsically in the history of HaMe, it can determine in part the experience of the players based on the decisions they make during the game.
>-The interview makes mention of the "Sistermon Ciel" in the North American version as the only Digimon exclusive of the game, to which Habu responds that it can not confirm if indeed it will be the only novelty that will introduce the game.

-In the following section, Habu mentions again the importance that has for him the opinion and the feedback of the fans in a franchise with more than 20 years of history, and in how sometimes it is difficult to satisfy such a diverse demand. Precisely motivated by this eagerness to explore new facets is that Digimon that had not had opportunity to shine in the anime -unlike the most popular as Agumon or Gabumon- were chosen as the initial Digmon for both Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory

-Habu also expresses his wish to complete some evolutionary lines of Digimon already existing, as he did with RustTyranomon and Titamon in Digimon World Re: Digitize Decode, to which Habu reaffirms that within the branched evolution system in Digimon, his intention would be that each one also has an evolutionary route that is widely considered as unique. In addition the interviewer also emphasizes the possibility of installing a particular system of "DigiXros" for the Digimon of the Xros Wars generation in future Digimon games, in which Habu reveals that Shoutmon, which will appear in Hacker's Memory, will only evolve in a normal on this occasion, but that there is an intention to integrate these Digimon again into the system of Story games.

-After this, Habu reiterates his approach to develop entirely new premises in the Story saga, so the emotion of the fans doesn't wavers and in turn, help to attract new fans to the franchise. Here, he announces the opportunity to expand evolutions beyond the classic system of gradual evolution present in the Story games. Like the method of timed evolution of the Digimon motivated by the feelings of their human companions, first seen in the anime. He uses SkullGreymon's evolution in the anime of Digimon Advenure like an example, and the multiple possibilities that could be explored in video games.

-It also points out the need for the different Digimon media to share their resources in order to provide more and more complete games. Here the interviewer uses Digimon Links as an example, to which Habu assures that although there will be some Links models that will not appear in Hacker's Memory, his intention is to ultimately add them all. In the same way, he affirms that these resources can be polished and improved in the future based on the budget available, stating his intention to develop the next deliveries directly for PlayStation 4, to optimize the options that this system can provide both in the graphic aspect and the gameplay.

-To close off the Interview, Habu makes reference to the possibility of developing in the future a game with as much Digimon as possible in it, and he want fans to look forward to future Digimon games, starting with Hacker's Memory.

https://www.facebook.com/Digisoul.net/photos/a.265374726833015.56522.114753968561759/1546901475346994/?type=3&theater

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I really want a revamp of 2. Digimon World 2 was probably one of my favorite PS1 games (Definitely top 3) and definitely my favorite Digimon World game.

I would love to see a good Digimon World game, as there are none.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

I would love to see a good Digimon World game, as there are none.

Digimon World is one of a kind and Next Order polished most of World's kinks. Honestly I'd rather play another Digimon World than another Story, since those are just budget JRPGs without nothing really unique.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Digimon World is one of a kind and Next Order polished most of World's kinks. Honestly I'd rather play another Digimon World than another Story, since those are just budget JRPGs without nothing really unique.

Yeah I don't blame you for thinking that way. Honestly I'm one of the people that prefer Digimon story. I don't have as much time as I used to for complex games. So a simple rpg is up my alley.

They really are super budget especially if they can just build one to keep fans pleased while working on an even bigger? One.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You can't really call recent Digimon World games "big budget" either, especially considering Next Order is full of reused models and environments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Meet Hudiemon, Wormmon new Champion form introduced in Hacker's Memory

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/941646824087138305

• Locked thread