Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
whatever he is, dude seems pretty obsessed with "containing" and strangling china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mearsheimer gave a lecture in 2017 called The False Promise of Liberal Hegemony which I'm definitely gonna try and watch today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESwIVY2oimI

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Reading some of the stories coming out of Kazakhstan, such as this one ex-cop who joined forces with a cop lover to defend the police in the melees of Almaty.

They pulled out a cop and went home. However, their license plate was caught on a traffic camera and they were arrested by the authorities afterward.

The ex-cop was released after being recognized in the station, whereas the cop lover was disappeared after having his hands crushed by hammers. Many such cases.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Angela Lansburial posted:

whatever he is, dude seems pretty obsessed with "containing" and strangling china

so he has big brains

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Mearsheimer gave a lecture in 2017 called The False Promise of Liberal Hegemony which I'm definitely gonna try and watch today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESwIVY2oimI

This is very good. Thanks for sharing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Man Musk posted:

Reading some of the stories coming out of Kazakhstan, such as this one ex-cop who joined forces with a cop lover to defend the police in the melees of Almaty.

They pulled out a cop and went home. However, their license plate was caught on a traffic camera and they were arrested by the authorities afterward.

The ex-cop was released after being recognized in the station, whereas the cop lover was disappeared after having his hands crushed by hammers. Many such cases.

Pulled a cop out of what? A hat?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Another China will die of covid soon article dropped.
https://twitter.com/YanzhongHuang/status/1486329777921347585?t=o7-qMmfvZDd_iJaAzyqyvQ&s=19
Or is thus the same one?

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 14:06 on Jan 27, 2022

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

Pulled a cop out of what? A hat?

a kerfuffle

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

so basically the thesis of this piece is that China is going to be hit hard by COVID once it inevitably escapes the government's lockdown procedures because so few people have ever caught COVID in China that people don't have "natural immunity" to COVID yet

this immediately falls apart once you understand that "natural immunity" is not a thing and it's insane to try to blunt COVID by catching COVID

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It also doesn’t matter since China already has a very high vaccination rate and will probably high booster coverage as well.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

so basically the thesis of this piece is that China is going to be hit hard by COVID once it inevitably escapes the government's lockdown procedures because so few people have ever caught COVID in China that people don't have "natural immunity" to COVID yet

this immediately falls apart once you understand that "natural immunity" is not a thing and it's insane to try to blunt COVID by catching COVID

Yes, but all the psychos out there want China to have a massive outbreak so millions of Chinese die and it collapses the government.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/YanzhongHuang/status/1486329777921347585?t=o7-qMmfvZDd_iJaAzyqyvQ&s=19
Or is thus the same one?

Good thing the Chinese government is going extra hard to protect them from it then.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ardennes posted:

It also doesn’t matter since China already has a very high vaccination rate and will probably high booster coverage as well.

you know, the vaccine I got actually was Sinovac, the same one that these dipshits keep claiming doesn't count for having a high vaccination rate because it's "ineffective"

and it doesn't matter because I don't need to rely on antibody response if I never introduce the virus into my nose

funny how that works!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

They know they're bullshitting. They just want Chinese people to get sick and die for the sake of geopolitical rivalry.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

How many "China must accept the virus" articles have there been now? Must be at least a dozen.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How many "China must accept the virus" articles have there been now? Must be at least a dozen.

There has been one nearly every day in CNN now

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

once you understand that "natural immunity" is not a thing

Lol why does C-SPAM have a massive blind spot when it comes to practically everything corona.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

Lol why does C-SPAM have a massive blind spot when it comes to practically everything corona.

dont start litigating this poo poo in here gently caress off

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Asproigerosis posted:

Sounds to me like Russia is simply moving forward with its own machinations and doesn't give a single gently caress about america and the only reason it's even a thing is because dems are desperately trying to make it a thing to put something, anything on the board for biden before the midterm exsanguination

dems will do anything except fulfil the promises they made to get elected in the first place. its so loving gross and perverted

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Southpaugh posted:

dont start litigating this poo poo in here gently caress off

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

NATURAL IMMUNITY!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

you know, the vaccine I got actually was Sinovac, the same one that these dipshits keep claiming doesn't count for having a high vaccination rate because it's "ineffective"

and it doesn't matter because I don't need to rely on antibody response if I never introduce the virus into my nose

funny how that works!

All the study I have seen basically suggestion that as long as you have 3 shots,, you are fine no matter which brand of vaccine you get. Plus the news variants are weaker anyway.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

AAHAAHAHAHAH

well there goes that line of attack by the american propaganda machine

i wonder if this will be mentioned in any of the major outlets that were blasting china censorship! like CNN etc

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mr Hootington posted:

Or is thus the same one?

copium article

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cao Ni Ma posted:

demon crackers

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1486660502084280321?s=20

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The replies make it sound like someone decided to shoot up their workplace.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

https://twitter.com/jokieliu/status/1486642209604710401?s=21

lmao

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah there's a video and that's what it looks like

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol wait so in the crash did the pilot actually bail out seconds before his missile plane hit the deck

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

OhFunny posted:

Another thing we can all thank George Bush for.

tl;dr: Bush Administration wanted to offer Ukraine and Georgia Membership Action Plans as an end of term legacy. The French and Germans did not. So they just put out a statement saying "yeah one day" with no plan to do so while royally pissing off the Russians.

incidentally, a few months afterwards Saakashvili made his move on South Ossetia because he thought the combination of Germany saying countries with unresolved territorial disputes can't join NATO and the Bucharest summit declaring that Georgia would eventually become a member of NATO was the West winking at him saying "just resolve these disputes and you'll get in, we promise," but when push came to shove the Russians backed up South Ossetia and the US left Georgia to fend for itself.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

somebody posted footage in the replies. he waited for them to start doing lockup procedure for the armory, then killed the guards and raided the weapons locker.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

it’s so bad now that even my lib brained coworkers who are literally in china have started saying it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

fart simpson posted:

it’s so bad now that even my lib brained coworkers who are literally in china have started saying it

today the lib brained expats, tomorrow the National People's Congress

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
China will eventually open up but they also have the leisure still of waiting for a opportune moment, likely after a Omicron specific booster is created and the country undergoes a second mass vaccination campaign.

That said, if they opened now, I doubt it would be any sort of the number of deaths the West saw in the initial outbreak but it would probably be worse than the Omicron wave on its own.

The “natural immunity” thing is a tricky thing depending on how you phrase it, since symptoms can range from a variety of factors (age being the key one). Antibodies developed from previous strains do seem to have some long term production, but it isn’t enough to stop transmission.

Admittedly, I do think some Covid procedures in China do have an economic drag, but the drag out be greater if they just opened up if out a plan in place.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

somebody posted footage in the replies. he waited for them to start doing lockup procedure for the armory, then killed the guards and raided the weapons locker.

So less of a workplace shooting and more of a weapon heist. I assume he's working with the militias.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

So less of a workplace shooting and more of a weapon heist. I assume he's working with the militias.

That's my guess. If the spree continues then it's a workplace shooting.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

LMFAO how did I miss this gold buried itt.

Thank you tankie chuck.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ardennes posted:

China will eventually open up

Will it? Stopping transmission at the border seems like the cheapest way of handling Covid. Is there a strong constituancy in China for easier foreign travel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

LMFAO how did I miss this gold buried itt.

Thank you tankie chuck.

But you see, it’s just whataboutism.