Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I am sure there are no biases here at all for anyone https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-to-sanction-boeing-raytheon-lockheed-over-taiwan-arms/ar-BB1ao8zZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

xi is actually just browsing /r/wholesomememes

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1320918530468966400?s=20

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If you order Chinese printer to print books with anti One China Policy ideas and maps, the customs might confiscate and destroy them.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

someones should push the limit. get something printed with independent turkestan, tibet, taiwain but keep the nine dash line and give china aranchul pradesh

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Mar 23, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

quote:

Friends of Hong Kong, which describes itself as defending “rights, freedom and democracy” in Hong Kong, said Chung contacted the group in October, wishing to petition the U.S. government for asylum. The group spoke to The Post on the condition that the other four who sought refuge at the consulate were not named.

probably just a lie

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Both parties can't agree hard enough that we are at war with eastasia

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/status/1243409179764654082

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I was watch France24 and that was one of hosts' argument. "Why are you Muslim acting upset over a comic??? Look at China genociding Muslim's over there!!! "

Well the Chinese doesn't publicized their anti Muslim campaign and make it a high profile national/international event.

"Have you heard of laicite? Do you know what laicite is? Over here we celebrate laicite with comic. " etc

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Oct 29, 2020

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

China is targeting people who are muslim & their religious beliefs and practices are a victim of that but they're not targeting them because they are muslim nor punishing any of the other kinds of ethnicities who practice islam in the same way

it's obviously an ethnic conflict not a religious one, except where religion and ethnicity intersect

which is very different from USA

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

actually I take that back, the 'other'ization of certain groups allows for the actual economic/political reasons for conquest to be done without the majority caring much

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

seems kind of disingenuous to compare xinjiang muslims to the muslims living in the west as opposed to you know the millions that we insist on killing in our pointless wars

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

I don't think you can apply for refugee status at a US consulate, you have to get to US soil first.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Antonymous posted:

actually I take that back, the 'other'ization of certain groups allows for the actual economic/political reasons for conquest to be done without the majority caring much

Can you expand on the "otherization"?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

now i know what youre thinking what the hell some guy tt this is the china thread why are you bringing that poo poo in here are you lost

quote:

Balding claimed that the document was commissioned by Apple Daily, a Hong Kong-based tabloid that is frequently critical of the Chinese government. A spokesperson for Apple Daily confirmed it had worked with Balding on the document.

In addition to posting the document to his blog, Balding also promoted it in far-right media, appearing on Bannon's podcast and on "China Unscripted," a podcast produced by The Epoch Times, a pro-Trump media outlet opposed to the Chinese government.

Balding, an American who taught economics at China's Peking University HSBC Business School until 2018, is often critical of the Chinese government. He made news this year as a source uncovering a global bulk data collection operation by the Chinese company Shenzhen Zhenhua Data Technology.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387

i like how the article has zero interest in the actual source of this weird loving document and just framed the whole thing as being proof that hunter biden is an angel unfairly villified by right wingers

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Isn't Epoch Times falun gong?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Boatswain posted:

Isn't Epoch Times falun gong?

yes.

If China Unscripted is their podcast, China Uncensored is their youtube channel

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I don't know how reliable is this nbcnews piece, but it's interesting how it links Apple Daily, Fulun Gong and Guo Wengui, three different anti China factions together. Plus this Balding guy, but he is just a normal white American doing the normal white American thing.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Oct 30, 2020

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Some Guy TT posted:

now i know what youre thinking what the hell some guy tt this is the china thread why are you bringing that poo poo in here are you lost

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/how-fake-persona-laid-groundwork-hunter-biden-conspiracy-deluge-n1245387

i like how the article has zero interest in the actual source of this weird loving document and just framed the whole thing as being proof that hunter biden is an angel unfairly villified by right wingers

This has somehow led back to Jimmy Lai and Mark Simon, who resigned

https://twitter.com/hkcnews_com/status/1322200576877187072/photo/1

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
mark simon the cia operative who justifies leaking a doctored hunter biden email becuz same grp exposed hk gov tracking 12 hkers

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

yes.

I'm glad to see that the falun gong has adapted well to the web 3.0 economy.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The Epoch Times youtube commercials are great. Unabashedly marketed towards geriatric Americans who haven't seen a Chinese person irl since the Chosin Reservoir Campaign.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am kind of shocked that Mark Simon the CIA handler didn't resign a few months ago when the HKPD sent an army to Fatty Lai's house. I know Simon has been in Taiwan because Ross Feingold said it. If he was in HK he definitely would get arrested under the new National Security Law.

I am also a little bit shocked that he admit having a hand in the failson Biden's hit piece because that admission and also being employed by Fatty Lai at the time is going to throw Lai under the bus.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

sincx posted:

Westerners aren't good at doublethink,

Lmao

*Votes for Joe biden to get the rapist out of the whitehouse*

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

yes.

XI JINPING SUCKED ME OFF??

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1322189498168549376https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1322189498168549376

Uigur al qaeda just can't catch a break

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

"Equal pay for jihadis is a representational issue that Erdoğan can't ignore"

New York Times headline sometimes in the future

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/nknewsorg/status/1322070735448207360

this stuff makes me madder than it should because we all loving saw biden go up on the debate stage and say that the only good north korea policy is demanding their unconditional surrender

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
lol at anyone who thinks NK will EVER give up their nukes

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

NK never giving up their nukes is the most peaceful policy they can pursue

it's purely 100% defensive. mock anyone mercilessly who believes it's an offensive weapon for NK.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

comedyblissoption posted:

it's purely 100% defensive. mock anyone mercilessly who believes it's an offensive weapon for NK.

yea. if it was they would have hit guam and okinawa years ago

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Top City Homo posted:

"Equal pay for jihadis is a representational issue that Erdoğan can't ignore"

New York Times headline sometimes in the future

While it is not our place to interfere in the sanctity of contract negotiations, the only one who will profit from this discriminatory approach is Vladimir Putin's Russia -- me in the NYT.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

It may be defensive but it gives them cover to run more aggressive campaigns than they would otherwise and avoid foreign interference. See: indian ethnic cleansing, pakistan terrorist cells, us's middle east campaigns, france existing, etc

In addition nukes are bad and no one should have them, and there's a concern they'd sell materials to other states. Pakistan is also a concern with this imo

Grapplejack has issued a correction as of 13:18 on Oct 31, 2020

THS
Sep 15, 2017

iran should have nukes too. it’s the number one way to maintain peace in the face of the very real threat of aggressive american invasions. the USA is a rabid dog and only understands violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

It may be defensive but it gives them cover to run more aggressive campaigns than they would otherwise and avoid foreign interference. See: indian ethnic cleansing, pakistan terrorist cells, us's middle east campaigns, france existing, etc

In addition nukes are bad and no one should have them, and there's a concern they'd sell materials to other states. Pakistan is also a concern with this imo

so you're saying if North Korea undertakes a policy the US doesn't like the US should have the ability to invade, the real problem with nukes is that it deters that?