Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Of course, I am very much aware that Whites aren't in control of their own nations but (((others))) are. I think, however, Chinese have a much less "passive" view of the world. We are unapologetically imperialist, and we will be ruthless against Africans and Muslims if Whites agree.

We just need to agree on our world domination, otherwise we can't do anything either. I see nothing wrong with Chinese colonialism in Africa, though I find Chinese colonialism towards fellow East Asian peoples unnecessary trouble. After all, we need raw materials from Africa for our civilisation and Africans are too unadvanced to make proper use of it.

I see nothing wrong with supremacy itself. It just depends on what you do with it. If you make a better world, then I'm totally in favour of White supremacy. If you make it like the place it is now ruled by (((them))), then I can't support it.

My Chinese view of supremacy is that it can never be absolutely evil and it's a Jewish-Christian mind-set to think in dualities: absolute evil or absolute good. As a Chinese polytheist traditionalist, I think in no absolute dualities. I just think supremacy is good for something. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. Supremacy is normal. Chinese philosophers would agree.

Whites let themselves be philosophically pushed into a corner so they would accept they deserve no racial power. However, Chinese do not believe that. We believe in power, we believe in supremacy. We are not necessarily malevolent, but we are not necessarily benevolent either. It just depends on the relationship we have. Africans have a bad relationship with us. We don't see them as useful, at least from a traditionalist point of view, and so we will likely be very mean to them in the long term. At least I hope so.

My point is just that Whites have adapted too much to the (((liberal ideology))). I see no reason to say "I disavow White supremacy". I believe Whites should have power, autonomy (live by their own code) and sovereignty (independent rule). I believe in White power. Asians just say how they wish the world to be. They want to see Whites as powerful. That way they have someone to look up to. Asians respect powerful people. They do not respect people who are poor, weak and sick. Just let Asians see you as superior, that way you will have their full support.

what in the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

rudatron posted:

but you've got to compare relative population though. for medieval europe, 400k is a lot, and it's still a lot today. and the thirty years war is still up there, as far as destructive conflicts in europe (8 million dead)

you’re comparing literally five centuries with 30 years in one post here

medieval europe grew from 30 million to about 100 million in those five centuries

none of this disproves my point that it’s incredibly absurd to suggest there is any equivalency between medieval ghettos and modern ideologically based ghettos/concentration camps

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

why is no one paying attention to the extremely weird white supremacy post

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
because it's repost of something that SMILLENNIALSMILLEN found on the internet, but didn't source, because he's a loser

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

god drat it

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

to compare that to the brutal efficiency of modern ideological regimes is just idiotic

From the 13th century Mongol invasion of Persia:

quote:

As usual, the artisans were sent back to Mongolia, young women and children were given to the Mongol soldiers as slaves, and the rest of the population was massacred. The Persian scholar Juvayni states that 50,000 Mongol soldiers were given the task of executing twenty-four Urgench citizens each, which would mean that 1.2 million people were killed. While this is almost certainly an exaggeration, the sacking of Urgench is considered one of the bloodiest massacres in human history.

This happened over a few days.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

GoluboiOgon posted:

you forgot to include [citation needed]

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

GoluboiOgon posted:

contemporary sources from the 13th century or ancient times or w/e tend to be extremely exaggerated and unreliable, like if you read ancient greek souces they all claim there were like 10 million people at Thermopylae fighting 300 spartans and the spartans killed 9 million of them or whatever when if you think about it the Persians probably couldn't supply nearly that much

lots of people died but not sure if it's 1.3 million in like 3 days

Typo has issued a correction as of 16:29 on Nov 1, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rudatron's avatar rules.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Rudatron's avatar rules.

I can feel the condensation

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
he's probably referring to the red text it had to replace

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you’re comparing literally five centuries with 30 years in one post here

medieval europe grew from 30 million to about 100 million in those five centuries

none of this disproves my point that it’s incredibly absurd to suggest there is any equivalency between medieval ghettos and modern ideologically based ghettos/concentration camps
You're right, and I don't want to make a false equivalence here between the nazis and anything else that came before them. But I'm not terribly sure the mental jump from religion -> ideology is all that significant/substantial. The Nazis had their fascist ideology, but they also had an efficient bureaucracy to exercise to get it done. Is the brutality solely about a new, modern, motivation, or is just a continuation of the past with modern methods? Maybe something in between. I dunno.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

he's probably referring to the red text it had to replace

Casual homophobia never gets old :discourse:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

find out who bought it and ban them imo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/925060076607627265

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i'm pressing the nerve staple button quite furiously right now

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the best civilization game was the original colonization welp see ya

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Cerebral Bore posted:

the people will not accept a stapling, because your police level is too low, because you hosed them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
tfw you fusion planetbuster every city on the planet that isn't yours in the same turn

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

which part of your throne room did you upgrade first in civilization 2???? i tried to get the cool columns first

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i left the boulder throne as long as possible

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I loved Civ call to power as a kid.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Ruzihm posted:

I loved Civ call to power as a kid.

call to power was ambitious and the right direction for civ but ultimately bad and little more than glorified mod

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
I also loved a crappy civ spin-off called Test of Time

there was something called the midgard scenerio which I couldn't win as a kid that I went back and won a few years ago

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

tfw you fusion planetbuster every city on the planet that isn't yours in the same turn
this is the future Trump wants

e: oh ya also civ 3 should've been the good mechanical aspects of both SMAC and CtP but it weren't, rip

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Human Hive and Spartans are the only factions that feel "right" nerve stapling.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I could see Morgan doing it to the poors, and Miriam doing it to dissenters.

Deirdre and Lal are the only ones that I think would be completely above such practice.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

University would definitely do it (unethical research)

Morgans are basically evil capitalists and would definitely do it

Miriam yeah who are we kidding religious fanatic would definitely bring back the believer inquisition

Which means Lal and Deidre are the only ones who wouldn't do it but even then who knows maybe Lal is onboard with waterboarding when fighting against believer terrorism and Deidre go a bit overboard with the greenpeace stuff

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the gaians are literally genocidal.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
iirc lal the main/only one that loses his poo poo about atrocities like that

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
lets go bong some heads!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Prav posted:

the gaians are literally genocidal.

nah they are the only ones who care about the biggest genocide of them all: mindworms

plus come on the gaians aren't anarcho-primitists

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Typo posted:

lots of people died but not sure if it's 1.3 million in like 3 days
didn't the mongols at one point kill so many people in some place that is now in modern iran that they literally changed the local climate

that's like, nuclear war done by hand

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i liked the fall from heaven mod for civ iv

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

dune wars is another cool civ4 mod

Typo posted:

nah they are the only ones who care about the biggest genocide of them all: mindworms

plus come on the gaians aren't anarcho-primitists

"the fall of sparta" and "our secret war" suggest they raze sparta and let the mind worms eat everyone.

diedre carries one hell of a grudge

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
lal is the only good guy, the rest of alpha centauri are all psychotic fanatics, how did none of you pick this up

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lal is obama

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

rudatron posted:

lal is the only good guy, the rest of alpha centauri are all psychotic fanatics, how did none of you pick this up

yeah in the base game at least

Domai still rules though, because he is an Aussie union leader

Doctor Spaceman has issued a correction as of 07:12 on Nov 2, 2017

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Prav posted:

dune wars is another cool civ4 mod

"the fall of sparta" and "our secret war" suggest they raze sparta and let the mind worms eat everyone.

diedre carries one hell of a grudge

santiago started it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

rudatron posted:

lal is a centrist liberal

Typo has issued a correction as of 07:22 on Nov 2, 2017