Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

rudatron posted:

Why's that, are there holidays on

beijing has a huge number of people with coal burning heaters in their homes that makes winter unpleasant from what i've read even compared to other places in china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What did the outside world ever do to China anyway?

Had a real good go at destroying face culture but failed anyway

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Maybe home ex is a massive fan of China's education system teaching rote learning instead of critical thinking since you just put more thought into it than he ever has

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm not reading that, lol.

For someone who frequently posts long tedious bullshit this is a bit much

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The uyghur's aren't having a good time of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Brits largely don't give a poo poo if you've been here years outside of a vocal minority like America.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao of course home ex comes to post loads of words about how genocide is cool and good because china is doing it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i thought republicans defending pedophilia would be the worst thing i'd see someone defend today lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

for those posters who have a hard on for hating the west how do you feel about israels genocide since its not the west

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

when israel genocides palestine its european chauvinism when china genocides uyghurs its cool and good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maybe home ex just hates muslims like a lot of americans which is why he's fine with it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

genocide by government programs deliberately designed to maintain ethnic and cultural autonomy. again, shut the gently caress up

so genocide is cool and good when its china doing it lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't expect you to suddenly stop being extremely broken in the brain i just want to lol at you defending what china is doing to the uyghurs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel ethnically cleansed Palestinians during the Nakba to outright seize their territory, and continue to piecemeal dispossess Palestinians of their homes for the purposes of Jewish settlement. The two situations aren't comparable, and your argument that the Chinese are "genociding" Uighurs has more in common with alt-right Eurabia replacement paranoia than anything that comes even close to fitting the acceptable definition of a genocide.

they just lock them up on mass and accuse them of terrorism no big deal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you'd probably defend whats currently going on in myanmar

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

home ex is so broken brained that rather than say this si hosed up but what can i do he resorts to insults lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't think they need to because china is capitalist as gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

rudatron posted:

This issue doesn't affect me, so it's not a problem. Are you even listening to yourself?

Like I'm not talking to the chinese government here, I'm talking to, and about, you and homeex. How are you talking about the issue? So far, it's to not acknowledge it at all, or pull out a tu quoque, or pull out of the same apologist handbook that ever other rear end in a top hat does.

pener has already said that since it doesn't affect him he's fine with it so he's presumably fine with israel and saudi arabia

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

I'm pretty sure Jose is drunk, what's your excuse for posting like a loving idiot lol

mass incarceration is cool and good if its china doing it ok

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

should i have been posting ethnically cleansing this entire time instead of genocide

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No, but exaggerating it is. Why don't you go back in that thread and learn something, instead of drawing in extra-thread drama to try and own somebody that wasn't even posting there?

yeah here people are just defending ethnic cleansing thats loads better

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You're literally taking white replacement paranoia and superimposing it onto Xinjiang.

idk it seems like i'm just talking about whats going on in xinjiang

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

defending genocide/ethnic cleansing is always bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

A lot of non-LF posts in this thread.

lf would have been big on defending ethnic cleansing in china

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If America had been subject to a military invasion from Mexico, it's natural that the American state would be hesitant about issuing citizenship to Mexican nationals - because issues of national defense take on new dimensions when there's a threat of infiltration by imperialistic foreign powers. This is what I mean by conflating xenophobia with racism. People are invoking individual Chinese peoples' problematic opinions on particular races as if it's the same thing as Chinese state policy regarding naturalization - it's not. Homework Explainer has never claimed that Chinese people can't be racist, only that the explicit policies of the Chinese government are anti-racist and go out of their way to preserve the autonomy and cultures of China's ethnic minorities. And, IIRC, China is one of the most ethnically diverse countries on the planet if not the most ethnically diverse.

Those people all have citizenship, but it's hard for foreigners to get it. It's ridiculous to claim that this is some kind of officially racist policy, and that the racist opinions of individual Chinese are the same thing as their xenophobic stance on foreign naturalization.

I asked a few pages ago why Chinese citizenship even matters, and the response was a deafening silence. Do you really want the right to vote in China? I get why Home Ex would want to become a citizen if he wants to join the CCP, but otherwise I fail to see how it's all that important. It's not as if being a Chinese citizen confers inalienable human rights or anything.

i'm not reading this lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Moral standards have no place in international affairs, which is why the only morally consistent position is to be a communist internationalist and destroy all nation-states.

this doesn't jive with your racism is fine since i don't live there so am not effected stance

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its 8:40am mate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I didn't say racism in foreign countries was fine, just that to me it literally doesn't matter.

Go to bed.

not very internationalist of you

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

just the mass arrests and destroying their culture nbd

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

mass executions and state sanctioned pogroms too if you choose to believe the victims

i'm sure the chinese government is trustworthy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's really simple: the main argument of replacement paranoiacs is that muslims will move into European countries and replace the native Europeans, right? But even if Muslims did move to Europe en masse, and natives were a statistical minority - they wouldn't have "replaced" the natives. There's no genocide or ethnic cleansing going on, there's no "replacement." The natives are still there. The assumption that because indigenous people are now slightly less than the majority population, is tantamount to an ethnic cleansing, is literal replacement paranoia.

imperialism with chinese characteristics

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i don't think me or bulgogi hoagie have posted about the chinese being racist :thumbsup:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

chinese communism is trying to machine wash uyghurs into han chinese lol

this is ok becuase its the CCP who are promoting it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

are you an RCP member because that would explain a lot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i like to unite the british isles in crusader kings while whoring my character around and legitimizing all the bastards so everyone hates me

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you get them in a sale so you're only out £60 not £120

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimesworld/status/930405243401228289

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol China is full on capitalism

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is this dude really moving China toward being significantly more communist, or is everyone just joking?

its ruled by the chinese communist party so its obviously a communist country despite the fact there is no welfare support at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Autism Sneaks posted:

im guessing by your rap sheet and posting in this thread (both extensive) your gimmick is "moron who is wrong about everything"

Please inform me about the welfare state in China