Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Calling it a remake is pretty insulting tbqh.

Pretty much this. I tried that abomination on the free weekend and uninstalled it within an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kill Sid Meier and everyone in Firaxis involved in any game beyond Civ IV

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

jBrereton posted:

There are many people who like Pillars of Eternity, that one with the norsemen and a snake, Divinity and so on but I'm not among em. I even didn't buy Tyranny + Torment because it looked like more of the same.

Kickstarted SMAC is pretty much Pandora: First Contact, which was really not a good game (it's Okay but when you're trying to live up to something Great that isn't enough)

I liked Tyranny even though it had a lovely ending (the DLC expac fixes that I think?)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

On one hand the Brian post makes me sad on the other I really can't trust a Firaxis without him and Soren Johnson because they brought us three turd sandwiches in a row, one worse than the last one

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ze Pollack posted:

yeah the combat in pillars was a ton better, but Tyranny's setting ruled

greetings, I am here as a wandering bronze age lawyer/weapon of mass destruction distributor for the evil empire, how's your day going, please refer all complaints to the hideous monsters I call my soldiers

Does Bastard Wound have a loyalist route where you just go "Nah I'll just keep working for Kyros and laying the law"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

i'm pressing the nerve staple button quite furiously right now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ulrik is a Nordic Supremacist, just like his hero H.P. Lovecraft, who wrote cool stories about sea monsters and race mixing.

He's the pirate from dodgeball: a true underdog story

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Unmodded Hoi4 kinda sucks tbh

90% of the countries have the same exact national focus, and you can't really do anything thing interesting with the major powers.

It feels really hollow, and it's kinda pathetic how modders have basically improved the game in every conceivable way with really obvious changes.

The new patch at least will do a lot of deserved gameplay changes and QOL stuff so maybe Vanilla would be more interesting. I hope it also fixes Kaiserreich which while I loved the old one the HOI4 version is an insane mess

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Theres a weird recurrence of this in most grand strategy games.

In Victoria 2, planned economies tend to be the best. Because a player with a pretty basic understanding of the economy can make better decisions than the capitalist ai. (However you have to be willing to deal with the economy manually, which is almost not worth it lmao)

Yeah on lategame factory micro is such a loving chore you are better off going free market if you are a big country like Germany or US lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The red world mod sucks and was made by a centrist monarchist lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The real horseshoe theory is being a mapgamer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rudatron posted:

does apocalypse turn stellaris into a good game

I don't think so timothy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

can someone lock the two fruits sucking each other off on their own thread. i want to talk about video games

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

enough! let's do away with federated republics and return to the true democratic solution of the polis city-state where every decision is made in the agorá market

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

El Filosofo del Ocho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

viral spiral posted:

Should the proletariat in this country conduct a people's war against corporate and banking monopolies?

*lin biao voice* yes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nat_Vasilyeva/status/1492475403260338177

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

He doesnt say he thinks it wont happen he just says it hasnt happened yet.

Starting to get some real Baghdad Bob vibes out of this guy.

still I'm still with him that it seems unlikely an actual invasion is happening this soon.

The fact that he didn't get any scrap of that intel on an invasion on his country means that either the intel is false or US is keeping it from the most interested party's hands for.... reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

Probably one of the factors that the noble class went away in China much earlier than the west.

it was a feudal monarchy until 1912.