Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Please do not transgress against the party, 谢谢

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Why is Classical so hard? Have the meaning of characters changed since the good old days?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Typo posted:

we should have adult sinocisation

Eric Price can run the program!

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
continuous breeding without break

New new thread title please.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Graphic posted:

The one good recent American sci-fi film, Annihilation, was good because it emulated Soviet cinema.

It was so-so, :colbert: with a bad plot and nice visuals. I'm excited for Claire Denis' High Life though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtOwfo1ypOw

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

i say swears online posted:

could you expand on this a bit please

It share superficial characteristics with Stalker.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Graphic posted:

If you remove the stupid interludes where Portman is explaining what happened to the government scientist*, it's basically a Tarkovsky movie.

It's not just "superficial" similarities to Stalker, but tonal and subtextual similarities to not only Stalker but Solaris as well, and Soviet science fiction in general.

* (I assume those were shoehorned in by the studio because Americans are dumber than Russians)

There's one scene in Solaris in which a group of scientists and functionaries interviews a pilot who has flown above the sea of Solaris, in which he accounts for
a strange vision or mirage, apart from that I don't think they are very similar. (The scene in question.)

I can't think of a single thing Annihilation and Stalker have in common except for the mysterious zone, and the protagonists quests to the centre of it. How they enter, what they encounter as they progress, and what exists in that centre is wildly different. Not to speak of formal questions such as editing and framing. I haven't seen Annihilation since it was released so maby I'm forgetting something?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Graphic posted:

You could also be thick, there's that possibility.

Nice bro.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Dante80 posted:

This is the first time I heard that human activity can actually make the world greener..NASA, you trippin..

Killing 80-90% of the Native Americans led to a notable decrease of the amount of co2 in the atmosphere due to reforestation.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Climate genius: Exterminate all the brutes.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
IP is a fiction.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Isn't Epoch Times falun gong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

yes.

If China Unscripted is their podcast, China Uncensored is their youtube channel

I'm glad to see that the falun gong has adapted well to the web 3.0 economy.