Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
wait, I missed who was ten and were at eleven already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
How bad is the alpha centauri remake (or the colonization remake at that)?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dreddout posted:

I just looked up Beyond Earth's factions and holy poo poo they're literally just (Insert Modern Ethnicity Here)... IN SPACE!!!

Is there a Code of Honor Planet of the Blacks style faction?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
But seriously someone should write a sci-fi version of Zulu Dawn in space but with everyone still dressed in 1870 costume.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Typo posted:

can't they automate this somehow or at least semi-automate it so 1-2 guys can do all the work? That way they can scale-up to generate like 1000x more clicks with same manpower.

to quote Nixon in China:
the people are the heroes now
behemoth pulls the peasant's plow.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I want a new cold war where countries just merciless slaughter the richest nationals of their adversaries

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Typo posted:

I think re-education centers are interesting since they focus on rehabilitation: "re-education" implies that once someone receives the proper education they can be re-integrated back into society

unlike US prison slave labor camps which are sociopath focused on punishing blacks and actively tries to keep them in prison for as long as possible because white liberals have being trying to bring back slavery for as long as possible

wut

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
only one murder state at a time bitches!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Known Lecher posted:

I think you have "America" confused with "Australia", might want to turn your map right-side up.

you're right for pointing out that america can't be bad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
"genocide is okay because it'll come to an end"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
5000 years of good posting

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

those appear to be academic sources, not press releases. you get one more chance.

noice! debate em!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gettin' hosed by the tentacle of capitalism

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
we just need to bring in the gbs sexpats and it'll be the perfect thread

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

coathat posted:

How are you people dumber than the idiot gimmick poster?

i post to maintain my stupid

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

I need to vent. Does it ever occur to people that you can just prefer to just NOT have global hegemons, rather than "this guy would do it better"?

And that's on top of the fact that "the US government is still accountable to its people" and "the judicial and legislative branches are a check on each other" is a complete and utter joke born of sheer ignorance.

lol u you got owned on reddit

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

oh cool this thread has become like the gbs one where all the weird goons that went to china and hated it talk about how much they hate china

that thread is good imo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

yeah super cool thread for gbs to be racist :D

u need to plunge more

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
battlefield earth owned

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

it makes more sense that the falun gong would CCP controlled opposition than run by the CIA imho

well it depends if you think the ccp is purposefully creating an incompetent opposition or the CIA is characteristically bungling an incompetent opposition.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

those tickets for shen yun are really burning a hole in his pocket

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I sort of assume Hong Kong will be under water come 2047 if climate change continues as it is.

just the ports and subways. the escalators will be fine

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

glad to see mark and hillary agree

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Aeolius posted:

speaking in general terms (and not about HK's police because idk), the issue with ACAB as a universal principle is that, like a lot of liberal idealism, it fixates on form and ignores class content. example: a police officer in Cuba shouldn't be evaluated in the exact same terms as one in the USA, as they're upholding different class dictatorships

pretty cool that the cops in that story got arrested, though, instead of being given paid administrative leave

stfu cop lover

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

sincx posted:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3023939/british-consulate-employee-simon-cheng-man-kit-detained

If true, lmao at the perp for the "one-day business trip."

If false, lmao at the PRC for being insecure enough to fake this kind of poo poo. It does seem a bit unbelievable that he would go to Mainland China--after being pro-protestors on social media--instead of taking the ferry to Macau.

nice plunge

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Modest Mao posted:

Saw this today and thought of this thread's incredible sensitivity to perceived fascism when asian people do something they wouldn't

sig heiling... to great deals!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I bet she fucks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

it rules that the egg shells got stepped on and now the tantrum must go on for however long it takes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Basketball has been in a terminal decline since Space Jam so this isn't a huge loss.

basketball today is a way better on the court product than the 90s

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
what if they were sparrow eggs, the most counterrevolutionary eggs out there?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Great Autismo! posted:

I unironically stanned for peven for a long time because when he wasn’t being blatantly racist he actually had a lot of points that were worthwhile and interesting to discuss. He just couldn’t go like four posts without tripping over his racism

hmm you know who else had some good ideas and a small racism problem

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shovelbum posted:

Even the worst case scenario pales in comparison to the US engineered famine+border death camps+carceral state triple combo

whoa: its good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

my friend taught in both the US and china. he said china was fun, the friends he made there welcomed him with open arms, and there was a happiness to the lifestyle, an art of living and exuberence of warmth, that he still remembers lovingly. when he went to america afterwards he had high hopes and was crushed, appalled at the decayed infrastructure, the lovely food, the corruption, the dull witted people, all afflicted with various species of ring- and tapeworm. he wasnt trying to be inflammatory, he just described it as a nightmarish experience. couldn't believe the rest of the world has been shaped to fit *this*. i once went to new york, i remember thinking this is pretty fun but not sustainable. 2020 seems to be bearing this out, and china is at last accepting her role as hegemon. the world simply cannot take another century of america.

youre friend got owned

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
have we heard Eugene Hutz's opinions on this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nothus posted:

I hope I live close enough to NYC to get vaporized in the first wave.

*checks map*

"looks like you're in the bone cancer zone"