Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Chomskyan posted:

All you have to do is divide up the communist party and oust Xi, and then the next leader to emerge will be our friend

Bing bong, so simple

you get a regime change and you get a regime change and you and you and you!

EVERYONE GETS A RGEIME CHANGE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lostconfused posted:

So will the mods finally be the ones to decide what is asia and europe?

brave

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lmfao this man is a king

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Grapplejack posted:

A big point of the nine dash line is that it goes out of its way to specifically gently caress with Vietnam, something I'm sure the nationalists are big fans of (I assume they're still mad about the sino-vietnamese war that they lost). There aren't any major oil reserves or gas wells or anything like that within the area claimed by China; the only thing that's in that area is shipping (most of it going to one of China's neighbors) and deep-sea fishing. The ability to contest shipping lanes would be a great way to exercise power over southeast asia and turn China's soft power to hard power in dealing with them.

vietnams claim seems to be weirdly large too

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

KaptainKrunk posted:

do we have any primary source evidence of the nature of the camps that doesn't come from Zenz, interviews with the same 6 dissidents (that have substantially changed their story) or the very sketch Xinjiang Victims Database?

there's too much smoke. reminds me a lot of the Syria gas stuff

reminds me of the iraq wmd thing

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

nyt doing nyt poo poo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

indigi posted:

this is a meaningless metric

says who?

killing billionaires is an extremely important stat

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
note to the rest of the world:

never trust a person or movement that is endorsed/"advised" by the american govt or american politicians they will always be bad for your country

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

surprised pikachu face

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

yeeeee... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im gonna have to pass on that bro

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

at least its better than having an actual shooting war

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Some Guy TT posted:

like the only person in american politics even approaching that level of cringe is andrew yang but last time i checked his speeches werent peppered with references to his favorite anime

man gently caress yang

rear end in a top hat telling asians to prove their americaness is some peak level model minority poo poo

total "please like me daddy" vibes from that dipshit

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Rutibex posted:

seriously? lol they are drinking their own kool-aid. brilliant analysis :golfclap:

the gently caress

yeah lets just ignore our loving judicial system and prison industry and absolutely everything about institutional racism in america

i bet that was written by some ivy league white bro

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
holy jesus what even is this

https://twitter.com/US_China_Menu/status/1363353790565425155?s=20

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

well there goes any legitimacy this dude ever had i guess

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

gradenko_2000 posted:

One term of six years. 2016 was the last one, so 2022 is next. Official campaign season starts Q1 next year, polls in May, new President takes office June 30.

Yes, Sara Duterte, the daughter, is almost certainly running.

Aquino, before Duterte, was a liberal. Arroyo, before Aquino, was a conservative (think Bush or Thatcher)

I'd say we have one chance in three of getting a liberal president (Leni Robredo) again after next year's elections. There is a back-and-forth nature to politics, but the liberal party is especially weak - think Biden if Trump didn't gently caress up COVID.

Other potential presidential winners besides Duterte the Younger and Robredo include Ferdinand Marcos Junior, and Manny Pacquiao.

this is purely anecdotal but from asking some filipinos i work with duterte is still massively popular so im guessing duterte younger has a good chance of winning?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

stephenthinkpad posted:

That's IndiaPakistan level of dynasty politic.

dont see any difference from bush sr, bush jr, jeb bush, and the whole kennedy family

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

indigi posted:

for real?

TRMP!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mila kunis posted:

what kind of brain does it require to take any loving news about china including ones where they're making a genuine effort to improve people's lives and pivot immediately to "china bad!!"

"them yeller folks cant be better than us" mentality or some poo poo

or them "chinese commies are evil therefore cant be doing things that are good for their citizens"

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Feb 25, 2021

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Rutibex posted:

if they got rid of poverty who would work at starbucks? if there was no homeless people on the streets than who would i look down on when thinking of my own miserable existence?

no i am afraid the USA already has the correct level of poverty and we shouldn't try to decrease it

remember when lindsay grahm came out and said that if we give too much stimmy money to frontline workers/nurses theyd all quit?

real mask off moment there

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

shrike82 posted:

my personal anecdote working in a STEMlord field (AI) is that the US still gets the best stem graduates. the fact that top graduates still brave all the immigration bullshit highlights that the US still offers better opportunities, pay, and quality of life. more importantly, an american university education is still better than a chinese or indian university education; not to mention, offers better research opportunities

tsinghua is going to suffer the same issue as tokyo university or the national university of singapore which is they don't get the best (international) faculty, researchers, or students.

i'm arguing that the culture around facetime and hours at the office impacts their productivity, not ranking them against other countries' workers

"we in the west are far superior to them orientals and their foreign ways. the oriental is neither capable nor willing to embrace our superior western values and way of life"

there i shortened your post for you

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 16:12 on Feb 28, 2021

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

bruh adrien zenz popping up everwhere

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lollontee posted:

lol americas gonna start another world war, this is so loving cool. the war nerd community is gonna be raking it in

as it turns out china was justified in their military buildup seeing as how absolute batshit we are for forever wars

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fart simpson posted:

the two that got shot up in atlanta and not in the suburbs, were in the only spot in atlanta which could be vaguely considered a red light district. whether or not they actually were venues for the sex trade, the fact that the shooter drove to this specific neighborhood indicates to me that his actions were sex motivated

totally cool that youre totally ignoring the fact that asian women are very often fetishized and this is absolutely race motivated but sure go on

you gonna use the cop line that "he was just frustrated and had a bad day" too?

hey buddy is the old asian lady that was attacked by a white dude in san francisco also just a random act of violence and not race motivated also? im all ears

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Mar 18, 2021

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

gradenko_2000 posted:

the anti-China propagandists can't bring it up because it'll bring up all sorts of uncomfortable questions like "wait so the communist countries weren't just one monolith?" and "we backed Pol Pot?" and "we were fine with working with China when it came to Afghanistan?" and "we sent arms to China in the 70s?"

im more amused that theyre are so naturally pre-disposed to a subservient and weak china and any change in that status is an "existential threat"

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 18:46 on Mar 18, 2021

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1372712095633043461

if you read the article you'll find that CNN was able to find both the parents AND the kids, and speak to them, and put the kids in contact with the parents.

also, the article makes frequent reference to this earlier article from February: https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2020/02/asia/xinjiang-china-karakax-document-intl-hnk/

which, you guessed it:

and then also this article: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/21/asia/xinjiang-china-response-sterilization-intl-hnk/index.html

and then it also links back to the Newlines Institute Report that we've seen earlier

ahahaha holy poo poo its adrien zenz again

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

i find it weird that you think the chinese have a history of enslaving africans and also have a long history of using blackface to dehumanize said former slaves

please point to the place in china's history where they have enslaved africans and historically used said blackface to dehumanize those slaves

do you believe the chinese also share in the same guilt that america and most of the west have in creating a massive slave trade of africans and destroying their culture? really curious about that bro

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 16:46 on Mar 19, 2021

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Atrocious Joe posted:

Sweden can't be the most anti-China country in Europe if only because other European countries have literally invaded China before. Until Sweden gets that done I refuse to consider them.

european countries that have literally invaded and attempted to carve up china like they did africa lecturing china is pretty amusing to watch

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndyKimNJ/status/1373282035633119233

according to this thread the state department bans ethnic korean americans from working on korean adjacent diplomacy

all of a sudden the chronic stupidity of this countrys korea policy makes a lot more sense

that is a dumb rear end policy

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

container ships will dock in taiwan and suddenly PLA troops will come pouring out. invasion! the clock is ticking... countdown... to checkmate.

but yeah. just a wild guess, but the comments from the U.S. admiral might just be an analysis of chinese shipbuilding and the trajectory of capabilities hence the language of "could." the U.S. "could" invade cuba, doesn't mean it "will," anymore than china will invade taiwan once the clock ticks over to jan. 1, 2027

unfortunately it's mostly paywalled, but i would read proceedings to learn about the PLAN (and the U.S. navy) because it's written by and for U.S. navy commanders. an annual subscription is $35 so i should buy one and read a bunch of articles about pacific war strategy and make some effort posts about it. there's a whole article this month about political commissars on PLAN ships:

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings

listening to all these MIC ghouls harp on about china invading taiwan (which is never going to happen imo) is kinda funny after having lived through america invading afghanistan and iraq and bombing the poo poo out of countless other mideast countries to the point twhere children fear clear blue skies and funding/supplying/advising the saudis commiting genocide yemen

and all the hosed up poo poo the cia did in south america

but sure were the good guys and JYNA bad

it really feels like im watching a slow roll of america starting a war with a loving nuclear power RIP world i guess

also as someone not well versed in international politics i view this whole thing as, how would we like it if we had a country that can reasonably be seen as a satellite for an arguably warmongering/hostile nation right on your doorstep? oh wait we nearly started ww3 via cuban nuclear crises

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Mar 25, 2021

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
https://twitter.com/delaparcelas/status/1372272770025918470?s=20

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
dude wtf also that who the gently caress is in that audience laughing at all this???

https://twitter.com/sean_ruairi/status/1369798839335542784?s=20

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Baykin posted:

Is there historical basis to the idea that China would be willing to sanction and blockade Taiwan if the US wasn't involved? I'm honestly asking as someone that has only relatively recently started learning in depth about China, so I don't want to come off as a big proponent of Chinese propaganda if I've fallen for it, but from the bit that I've dug into I'm unaware of them acting in such a way. If they have, I'd very much appreciate any examples so I can continue educating myself.

lets ask some white ivy leaguers what they think since apparently theyre the only ones who have to capability/allowed to advise our govt on such things

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ardennes posted:

A 3 trillion dollar bill is both possible (that’s only 300 billion a year btw) and it will be mostly on highways and random non-sense.

Btw the total cost of a f 35 is closer to 110 million with total costs added and the USAF admits it isn’t useful for any scenario where a dogfight could take place and it is really only a strike fighter.

The f-22, which there are about 120 operational and mostly located in the US, would have to do all the heavy lifting. The best I can tell the f-35 was designed to strike non moving targets in Middle Eastern countries with minimal air defenses.

but arent drones doing all that poo poo already?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cerebral Bore posted:

the us has lost the ability to do even halfway efficient military projects as well, so even if you managed to sell something as military spending what would happen is that all the graft and waste means that you'd get something half-assed about a decade late and at ten+ times the original projected cost

bro the pentagon doesnt even know the real number of bases they have around the world and are relying on a loving author's speculation

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

dead gay comedy forums posted:

you gotta be loving kidding me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YR2TxHkb4c

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

THS posted:

remember when the US lost $12 billion dollars in iraq, oopsie lol

yup "lost" directly into my hidden caymen islands bank account

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

yeah totally not expected after america attempted to rat gently caress iran by not honoring a loving treaty/deal they had but hey

AMERCAS BACK JACK

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

some violent poo poo is gonna go down if they start taxing americans by the loving mile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Can I report myself as forced labor since it's either work or die

prison labor in america also make a poo poo ton of consumer products

so there's that too

and by a poo poo ton i mean stuff i never would have expected like body armor, jeans, mattresses, and more

oh also all the loving furniture in congress apparently

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Mar 27, 2021