Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
capitalist countires can't produce any consumer goods of worth. where are my Consumer Goods from shining capitalist beacons like equatorial guinea and the democratic republic of the congo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
reminder that fraternite couldn't even hack light agricultural duties on a kibbutz and spent his entire time on one in front of a computer

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

wait full story plz

quote:

I shared a flat with this guy at kibbutz el-rom in Israel for a month or so and this thread is exactly spot-on about his behaviors.

He's mid-twenties, getting his PhD in Biblical studies (like researching the accuracy of translations) and has had 3 girlfriends in his entire life.

After work he would come to the volunteer lounge and hop on the computer and play Cybernations all day and chat non-stop in IRC. At work he would bitch to me nonstop about how every other worker was lazy and useless and not to be trusted. Except that they were all good workers and not lazy. They were just from South America and Jeremiah HATES HATES HATES South Americans.

He would also talk to me at great length in great detail about his life. He was kicked out at 19 for playing too many video games by his mother. He still has not forgiven her for that. He loves Quebec and everything French because they make him feel better about himself and is an absolute human being.

I hated everyday living with him and I loving knew one day he would get his call out. gently caress you Jeremiah, everyone hates you
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052910

most goons are just not suited for kind of manual labor, though drafting them into a labor shock brigade might change that

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
A Twist in the U.S. Tariff Battle: ‘It’s Helping China Be More Competitive’

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
last year there were 100 thousand in re-education, now there’s a million. hard hitting, objective reporting from RFA that would never exaggerate for foreign policy purposes

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
defending the Islamist terrorists to own the foreign people we don’t like has never backfired on America before

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It's no different than the witch doctor chiropractor poo poo white people's insurance pays for here, I'm sure you're equally upset about that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The racist double standard is well at play, western homeopathy enjoys legitimacy in WHO policy circles. When Chinese people want alternative medicine that caters to their needs included somehow it's an outrage

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Usage of them is to be restricted, it says, to patients at approved hospitals with “critical” conditions or “difficult and complicated illnesses”. Private trade in those animals’ parts remains prohibited.

So pretty much instead of a total and it's still widely banned and parts can only be sourced from farmed animals or those that died of natural causes. Not sure what the outrage is coming from.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
normally incredulous leftists would write off an obvious, emotionally driven hitpiece by a centrist rag like the guardian except when it comes to spooky chinese.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

its people poaching them. guess what the only reason people poach them is

To bring them home as trophies?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

people have been poaching rhinos for hundreds of years

its their habitats shrinking into nothing

Between 1960 and 1975 the population of the northern white rhino went from an estimated 2000 to 500. I'm sure it was the chinese who are responsible for this

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

"why aren't people focusing on how bad america is in the China thread?"

Because white leftists are utterly incapable of criticizing china without being racist or orientalist dickheads.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

criticizing China isn't orientalist, and poaching of endangered species for homeopathic medicine is worth criticizing

Interesting, could there be a foreign policy or ulterior motive why the white media is so focused on China while vietnam is the largest consumer?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

imagine having to invent the idea that the usa is the biggest killer of endangered species

Yeah but that doesn't serve a foreign policy purpose. Demonizing chinese people as cackling, amoral poachers serves a purpose.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It didn't even matter that China banned trade in Rhino in 1993, white liberals kept on repeating the myth that chinese people were using it for their dick pills (a western use of rhino horn powder, not an eastern one) anyway.

Almost like the issue at play is the western hatred for China and not necessarily anything good or bad that happens there.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

So, uh, was your plan that nobody actually read your source? The vast majority of all imported trophies are black bears from Canada. Rhinos are not anywhere in the top 20, so your source has nothing to say about the topic at hand.

Yeah American hunters only import 80k black bears a year, truly nothing like the savage Chinese and their *checks notes* 1,352 imports a year

Ace of Baes posted:

They literally just lifted the ban lol

Didn't stop whites from claiming chinese people imported tons of rhino to make their dick pills before the ban was lifted.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

Poaching endangered animals is good and if you disagree you're racist.

Manufacturing consent and the propaganda industrial complex are good, according to american leftists

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The media loves to conflate all kinds of bullshit to drive an emotional response, the northern white rhino is functionally extinct but the southern variant has seen its numbers double from 11k to up to 21k from 2001. It's not even considered endangered anymore, which is why the article is careful to not mention that the animal is specifically endangered, or else they would have to address the uncomfortable question about why rich american hunters are shooting them and putting those videos up on youtube for everyone to view.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

imagine thinking american imperialism is better than chinese imperialism because the chinese kill wildlife in massively fewer proportion

you'd think all these irony poisoned smartbois would be better about it since they are able to see through all the domestic media bullshit, but as soon as you start talking about nonwhites in asia they sound virtually identical to pith helmeted colonialists

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kurnugia posted:

also how do you square this belief with the working class nature of the people the young marxists being suppressed were trying to organize? im guessing theres a really big bucket of poop somewhere to throw the debate into butt

How do you know that those young marxists aren't just NED funded goons like the eurocommies in france and germany

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Prav posted:

the 2016 budget for the NED was 180 million USD. that does buy a lot of guys getting around, yes.

https://www.ned.org/region/asia/china-mainland-2017/

https://www.ned.org/region/asia/china-xinjiang-east-turkistan-2017/

https://www.ned.org/region/asia/china-tibet-2017/

https://www.ned.org/region/asia/china-hong-kong-2017/

I'm sure it's just coincidence the NED has millions of dollars of psyops going on in China

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

I dont really think the Chinese system is ideal in any way, but I'd take it over US capitalism or EU social democracy tbqh.

I too prefer my political economy to be built on a mountain of imperialist plunder

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Excellent thread:

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/1063113646287478785

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1064461538323562501?s=21

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol looks like good china is in the doghouse again with western liberals

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
wen jiabao was relatively liberal

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sincx posted:

Amazon Social Credit Ratings available to lenders and landlords starting 2020.

quote:

Second, many Western media stories overstate the level of public and government consensus over the pilot programs, especially when applying scoring systems to social affairs. Right now, there are over two dozen local government pilot scoring programs, each with different types of grading systems, and a few commercial programs as well. The point of pilot programs is to explore boundaries.

Western media tells breathless lies and then quietly walks it back in an article nobody will read.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/1071066045270523905

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

International Crisis Group

quote:

A July 2014 special edition of the peer-reviewed journal Third World Quarterly published 10 critiques of the organisation, ranging from it's influence on foreign-policy makers, "manufacturing" crises, and the methodologies it deploys in gathering its research.[4]

They should go after more western astroturf NGOs, like the people who run the CIA Labour Bulletin

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1071622396614856704

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
That business insider story is pretty good, because I thought the social credit smears were getting walked back in favor of other smears:

Into the Black Mirror: The Truth Behind China’s Social Credit System

quote:

Many in the media mistake Sesame Credit’s private, third party service for being the Chinese government’s entire SCS. In the past, reports have variously claimed that the system is mandatory, government-run, and that every citizen will soon be scored based on all aspects of their life. But the reality at present is that the effect of one’s Sesame Credit score is entirely confined to whether one does or does not receive perks on partnering services.

Pure evil, how could the celestials do this?

quote:

Almost every administrative agency in the Chinese government has already created their own industry-specific blacklist, each with their own standards for who is put onto it. One example Daum gives is of the food safety blacklist, which subjects blacklisted companies to greater scrutiny and an increased number of inspections.

“The development of blacklists really is just identifying certain people who violated existing laws and regulations,” says Daum, “and the documents say that these blacklists are to be designed on the foundation of existing regulations.”

Again, how could the celestials do this?

quote:

Daum says he believes the fascination many have with the SCS, particularly in the U.S., is embedded in their cultural psyche. Shows such as Black Mirror and other cultural objects popularized the idea of being rated on everything, then China introduced a system with a name that fit the idea.

Almost like Americans are fascists who go and project their own fascism everywhere else.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
white people have bad opinions about china

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

wasn't there a Darkstalkers character based on that kind of vampire?

I liked the Chinese themed vampires in V:TMB

https://youtu.be/nfVW6Gk339Y

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Reddit having a normal one after tencent buys a stake in the site:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
RFA and their turkestan separatist goons claimed that Abdurehim Heyit got tortured to death in a concentration camp.

Like in North Korea, communism has the power to resurrect people from the dead

Of course, they aren't happy that he is alive:

quote:

Nury Turkel, chairman of the US-based Uyghur Human Rights Project, told the BBC that some aspects of the video were "suspicious".

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if the western media lied about this, could they possibly be lying about other things 🤔 🤔 🤔

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sincx posted:

edit: If I was Taiwan, there's two things I would do to make a PRC invasion virtually impossible. Develop nukes (or get to the point of still being nuclear weapons-free, but able to put together a nuke in a week, like Japan), and invite the US to put bases in Taipei, Taichung, and/or Kaohsiung.

that assumes that the US wants to set up bases in Taiwan to begin with. while i'm sure the DMV goon crew is up for more colonial misadventure, I doubt Ma and Pa Midwest would be thrilled to have their children serve as meatshields in yet another country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mila kunis posted:

gently caress IP, gently caress patents, china owns for doing this.

it's always a hoot to see nominally "left" westerners with a disdain for 140 year copyrights and pharmaceutical patent extortion line up to defend "intellectual property" when china gets its start copying american patents, just like americans did to the UK 150 years ago