Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
Who wants a throne made of ugly swords anyway?

I think it's about time we did the stabbing thing again. Opening recruitment for a pbf of Game of Thrones, as we did twice before. Expect me to screw up combat calculations a few times, but I'm told people had fun.

For this game, AJ_Impy will have a guaranteed slot if they want it, because they were the single of 13 people who didn't get a slot last time around and I felt bad. The two winners of the previous games won't get guaranteed slots because I don't want to already fill up half the table. After this match, the reigning King/Queen will have a guaranteed slot in the next game, and everyone else at the table will be lower priority for it. After one game, they'll be back in the normal pool. I'm a student with plenty of time on my hands, and I love this game, so I intend to keep this up for a while.

Check out the first thread for rules and stuff. Quick links:
Rules
Comprehensive summary and reference
FAQ

Recruitment will be open for two days, unless we don't have a full table at that point, in which case it will be extended until we do.

And, for posterity, the winners so far:

Mikey Purp of House Tyrell
GutterOwl of House Greyjoy

Dancer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Keeping the extra Lannister Footie. Also I reserve the right to override stupid rules (like the official rules for what to do when a person has more territories than available order tokens, which are dumb when playing in person and even dumber in this format)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Oh, and, at least for now while it's still easy, I'll try to avoid giving people the same House they had. It's not a rule per se, more a "look at me I can do what I want" thing :v:.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Giving this a quick bump for visibility. I have a 6th person who wouldn't mind jumping in to fill the table, but maybe there's someone else out there who actively wants to play. If not, game starts in 12 hours.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Folks, minor technical difficulties (Windows is failing to boot). I have a Linux thing installed but I'm not comfortable actually doing things with it. We'll be back to regularly scheduled programming asap.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Tech problems fixed! The game may begin. Triskelli, I don't know your level of experience, feel free to message me on Discord with any questions you might have and I'll be happy to help.

House assignments:
Stark - Pththya-lyi (I can see some unholy alliance of Cthulhu and the Old Gods forming up)
Greyjoy - Triskelli (I swear I didn't just give the new person the OP house. It's how the draw happened)
Baratheon - GutterOwl
Lannister - Mikey Purp (both previous winners end up in the middle of the board...)
Tyrell - The General
Martell - ETB (hope you like the desert more than the icy north).

Start of game board state:

Awaiting orders. It was kind of obvious in the previous two games, but I will re-state it now: I accept basically any reasonable delay. If you're busy plotting, or if life is getting in the way, please don't worry too much about holding up the game. If you tell me you have a reason, I'm very patient.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey, look at my underlings doing all my work for me, how nice :P.

(Yesterday I was doing 18CZ all day long so I didn't have the chance. I usually respond fairly quickly otherwise)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 1 orders

Everyone has 5 power tokens on hand.

House card list:
House Stark:
[4] Eddard Stark: 2 Swords
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[2] Greatjon Umber: 1 Sword
[1] Ser Rodrik Cassel: 2 Fortifications
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Lannister:
[4] Tywin Lannister: If you win this combat, gain two Power tokens.
[3] Ser Gregor Clegane: 3 Swords
[2] The Hound: 2 Fortifications
[2] Ser Jaime Lannister: 1 Sword
[1] Tyrion Lannister: You may cancel your opponent's chosen House card and return it to his hand. He must choose a different House card to reveal. If he has no other House cards in his hand, he cannot use a House card this combat.
[1] Ser Kevan Lannister: If you are attacking, all of your participating Footman (including supporting Lannister footmen) add +2 combat strength instead of +1.
[0] Cersei Lannister: If you win this combat, you may remove one of your opponent's Order tokens from anywhere on the board.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[2] Brienne of Tarth: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[1] Melisandre: 1 Sword
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[4] Euron Crow's Eye: 1 Sword
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[1] Dagmar Cleftjaw: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[2] Ser Garlan Tyrell: 2 Swords
[2] Randyll Tarly: 1 Sword
[1] Alester Florent: 1 Fortification
[1] Margaery Tyrell: 1 Fortification
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[4] The Red Viper: 2 Swords, 1 Fortification
[3] Areo Hotah: 1 Fortification
[2] Obara Sand: 1 Sword
[2] Darkstar: 1 Sword
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

Lannister may change on order or peek at the top Wildling card.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Lannister peeked at the Wildling card and decided to keep it on top of the deck.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yeah, unless stated otherwise, I assume you leave a PT behind when you march.

Greyjoy to march.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
:eng101: You don't actually need to leave a PT behind in your home territory. It stays under your control, and even reverts to your control after it's conquered if whoever conquered it leaves without leaving their own PT behind.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
By CO, Martell marches ship to East Summer Sea. Greyjoy to play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
No March orders remaining. Moving on to Consolidate Power

Baratheon +2 PT -> 7
Lannister may gain 1 PT or muster at Lannisport
Stark may gain 2 PT or muster at Winterfell
Martell may gain 2 PT or muster at Sunspear
Greyjoy +1 PT -> 6
Tyrell +2 PT -> 7
Baratheon may gain 2 PT or muster at Dragonstone
Greyjoy +1 PT -> 7

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 2 Westeros phase

Resupply: Adjust supply.
Clash of Kings: Bid power tokens on influence tracks.
Feast for Crows [W]: No Consolidate Power orders.
Wildling threat increases to 2

New supply counts:
Martell - 3
Greyjoy - 3
Baratheon - 2
Lannister - 2
Tyrell - 2
Stark - 1

Accepting bids for the Iron Throne track. Baratheon breaks ties for now.

PT counts:
Baratheon - 7
Greyjoy - 7
Tyrell - 7
Lannister - 4
Stark - 4
Martell - 4

Dancer fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 31, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Iron Throne track bids (with ties already decided by Baratheon):

Martell - 1
Stark - 0
Tyrell - 0
Lannister - 0
Greyjoy - 0
Baratheon - 0

PT totals:
Baratheon - 7
Greyjoy - 7
Tyrell - 7
Lannister - 4
Stark - 4
Martell - 3

Accepting bids on the Fiefdoms track, Martell breaks ties.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Fiefdom track bids (with ties decided by Martell):

Greyjoy - 2
Tyrell - 2
Baratheon - 2
Martell - 0
Stark - 0
Lannister - 0

New PT totals:
Baratheon - 5
Greyjoy - 5
Tyrell - 5
Lannister - 4
Stark - 4
Martell - 3

Accepting bids for the King's Court track.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
First, a correction: I forgot to add on to the map the Lannister Footman that I had house-ruled in. So Lannister has a Footman still present in Stoney Sept, and still has that power token on hand.

King's Court track bids (ties already decided by Martell):

Stark - 4
Lannister - 4
Baratheon - 4
Tyrell - 2
Greyjoy - 2
Martell - 0

Turn 2 planning phase

REMINDER: You may not play Consolidate Power orders this turn.

New power token totals:
Tyrell - 3
Greyjoy - 3
Martell - 3
Baratheon - 1
Lannister - 1
Stark - 0

Available House cards:
House Stark:
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Lannister:
[1] Tyrion Lannister: You may cancel your opponent's chosen House card and return it to his hand. He must choose a different House card to reveal. If he has no other House cards in his hand, he cannot use a House card this combat.
[1] Ser Kevan Lannister: If you are attacking, all of your participating Footman (including supporting Lannister footmen) add +2 combat strength instead of +1.
[0] Cersei Lannister: If you win this combat, you may remove one of your opponent's Order tokens from anywhere on the board.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 6, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Orders are in

Power tokens on hand:
Tyrell - 3
Greyjoy - 3
Martell - 3
Baratheon - 1
Lannister - 1
Stark - 0

Available House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

Stark may replace an order, or peek at the top wildling card.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The Martell raid has no target, the Stark raid can remove defence+1 at Greywater Watch. Do you go through with it?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Combat strength 6 vs. 1.
Lannister plays:
Greyjoy plays:

Final strength 9 vs. 1. I'm pretty sure nothing useful could be achieved if Greyjoy swapped, so let's assume they don't. Lannister victory.
The Greyjoy Footman retreats to Seagard.

Greyjoy to play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Stark to play.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 12, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Timestamp says I win :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Combat strength 4 vs. 2.
Lannister plays:
Greyjoy plays:
Greyjoy chooses not to use the Blade.
Final combat strength 4 vs. 3. Lannister victory. The Greyjoy ship retreats to Ironman's Bay.
Lannister may activate Cersei (though there really are no Greyjoy orders of any value on the map).

Baratheon has the last march.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
No Consolidate Power orders on the march so Turn 2 is over.

Turn 3 Westeros Phase:
Resupply: Adjust supply.
Dark Wings, Dark Words [W]: Holder of the Messenger Raven chooses Clash of Kings, Game of Thrones, or no effect.
Put to the Sword: Holder of the Valyrian Steel Blade chooses Rains of Autumn (no March+1 orders), Storm of Swords (no Defense orders), or no effect.

New supply positions:
Martell - 4
Lannister - 3
Tyrell - 3
Greyjoy - 2
Baratheon - 2
Stark - 1

Power Tokens on hand:
Greyjoy - 3
Martell - 2
Tyrell - 1
Baratheon - 1
Lannister - 1
Stark - 0

Available House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

Stark to decide between Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, or no effect.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
New power token totals:

Greyjoy - 5
Martell - 5
Baratheon - 5
Lannister - 4
Stark - 3
Tyrell - 3

Greyjoy may choose:
Rains of Autumn (no March+1 orders), Storm of Swords (no Defense orders), or no effect.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So that's that. Accepting orders now, scroll up just a bit to see the current situation. No Defense orders this turn.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Power Tokens on hand:
Greyjoy - 5
Martell - 5
Baratheon - 5
Lannister - 4
Stark - 3
Tyrell - 3

Available House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

Stark may use the Messenger Raven, then we execute raids.
Martell's raid at Storm's End has no target so I'm assuming that one gets procced first -> Greyjoy -> Martell

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Time to March folks. Martell has no marches so:
Stark -> Tyrell -> Lannister -> Greyjoy -> Baratheon

(and in other news, Lord Greyjoy, in his advanced age, seems to be lost to insanity. May the drowned god have mercy on his followers).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Phonepost, so brief: the played cards are Robb Stark and Victarion. Stark victory, Greyjoy units are forced to retreat to Seagard.
After the Tyrell march that just happened, Lannister to play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

nimby posted:

:argh: Why is everyone ganging up on poor House Greyjoy??

*edit*

The guy that ran from the Starks can also run home to Pyke, like the little bitch he is.

I'm afraid that Robb Stark is a big bad bully who doesn't let your units go where they want. Your poor little guy had to go to Seagard.

Combat strength at Ironman's Bay: 5 vs. 2
Lannister plays:
Greyjoy plays:
Greyjoy activates the Blade for a final combat strength of 5 vs. 5. Greyjoy victory. The Lannister ship retreats.

Greyjoy to play.

Power Tokens on hand:
Greyjoy - 5
Martell - 5
Baratheon - 5
Lannister - 4
Stark - 3
Tyrell - 2

Available House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Baratheon plays:
Stark plays:
Final combat strength: 3 vs. 2. Baratheon victory.. The Stark ship must retreat, then Stark to play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Current strength: 3 vs. 5
Lannister plays:
Greyjoy plays:
Final combat strength 5 vs. 7. Greyjoy victory. The Lannister units are routed and retreat to Riverrun.

Baratheon to play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
That is correct. Lannister loses a unit (I'm assuming the Footman).

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Phonepost: the played cards are Renly and Catlyn. Baratheon wins and promotes the Footman; Stark must retreat, and may then use their last march.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Baratheon has one March left. While you're at it, you're also first up to resolve your CP* at KL. After that Tyrell to resolve the CP*.

Current PT totals for reference:
Greyjoy - 5
Martell - 5
Baratheon - 4
Lannister - 3
Stark - 2
Tyrell - 2

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Baratheon plays:
Stark plays:
Baratheon victory. Stark retreats to Winterfell and regains all their house cards.

All Marches are done. Resolving CP orders:
Baratheon recruits a Knight at King's Landing
Tyrell upgrades a Footman to a Siege Engine at the Reach
Martell +4 PT -> 9
Tyrell +2 PT -> 4
Stark +2 PT ->5

New PT totals:
Martell - 9
Greyjoy - 5
Stark - 5
Tyrell - 4
Lannister - 4
Bara - 3

Turn 3 is complete. Proceding to the Westeros Phase of turn 4.
Resupply: Adjust supply. lol this RNG
Clash of Kings: Bid power tokens on influence tracks.
Web of Lies [W]: No Support orders.

Wildling strength increases to 6

New supply counts:
Tyrell - 4
Lannister - 3
Martell - 3
Baratheon - 2
Greyjoy - 2
Stark - 2

Accepting bids for the Iron Throne track

Available House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
In what might be saddest fight for a throne ever, a total of two tokens have been bid. Martell has already broken ties; that's the order I'm listing these in.
Lannister - 1
Tyrell - 1
Greyjoy - 0
Baratheon - 0
Stark - 0
Martell - 0

Lannister shall break ties henceforth
Accepting bids for fiefdoms track.

New PT totals:
Martell - 9
Greyjoy - 5
Stark - 5
Tyrell -3
Lannister - 3
Bara - 3

Dancer fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 20, 2017

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Fiefdoms bids (ties *not yet broken* this time):
Martell - 5
Stark - 5
Baratheon - 2
Lannister - 0
Tyrell - 0
Greyjoy - 0

Accepting bids for King's Court track.
New PT totals:
Greyjoy - 5
Martell - 4
Tyrell - 3
Lannister - 3
Baratheon - 1
Stark - 0

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Ties broken; order stays the same:
Martell
Stark
Baratheon
Lannister
Tyrell
Greyjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bidding over.
Greyjoy - 5
Martell - 4
Lannister - 3
Tyrell - 2
Baratheon - 1
Stark - 0
Kinda pretty, actually.

Turn 4 planning phase

Reminder: No support orders

Remaining power tokens: Tyrell - 1, everyone else nothing.

Available House cards:
House Stark:

House Lannister:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

Dancer fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 21, 2017

• Locked thread