Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
This Saturday we will have THE BIG SHOW (feat. The Big Show)

As usual, you are welcome to vote on who gets to face THE THREE WAY AT SACRIFICE in a four-way at TNA Sacrifice

#1 Eight-Way Chaos
Flamander vs. Fruitsniffer vs. Majestic Goat-Man vs. Toad vs. Lore Convoluter vs. Macro Man Keynes vs. D the Destroyer vs. Big Show!

#2 Singles Match
Woolsey Smythe vs. Thundercat Chris Pine

#3 Revenge for that one time
Garbo Girl vs. DCB

#4 Kawaii Championship
Samus vs. Tolvie (c)

#5 Co-Comm Championship
Hugrule Warriors vs. Unlikely Roommates (c)

#6 Bunny Championship :3
a tree vs. Kylo Ren (c)

#7 LP Superstar Championship
anilEhilated vs. Palpatine

Intermission: LPFWA vs. the Universe
https://goo.gl/forms/MuOnkluglEOf1d553 vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

#8 LPFWA Championship
Fred Hope vs. Nuffkins (c)

Main Event: LPFWA Women‘s Championship (Match to unify the timelines????) TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS
Hell-Ena (c) vs. Nadira (c)

#99999 FOIT ME M8????
Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
: Good thing I'm used to facing seven other opponents at the same time.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Wait, am I getting revenge for something? Or am I getting revenged upon?

These storylines became much harder to understand when that Lore Convoluter guy showed up.

*long pause*

Okay, no, I'm a coffee elemental because I transformed out of desperation after I went without coffee for almost a whole day because Dash Rendar stole all the food on the moon. Never mind, these storylines were always hard to follow. I'm gonna go hang out with my friend who is a witch and who may be having a secret love affair with a face-biting demoness, and then after I'll hang out with my other friend who is also a bunny and who one time I punched her in the head a lot and we broke the universe.

And have coffee. So much coffee.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
: -this thing on? Does the red light mean it's on? Or is it just a cruel joke of the universe, a sound bit of echoing "gently caress you", a little blippy middle finger pointed at-

: Okay, it's definitely off now. My security measures have clearly been compromised. They found out I blew up Palpatine. Masterfully executed, of course, except it was fully sufficient to blow up just about anyone with that trapped belt, it just... happened to be the most vengeful rear end in a top hat within a five kilometer radius. *static sound* Take that, deaf dictaphone of doom!

: Light still red, thing still off. So. Not quite feeling myself lately. Lack of sleep, lack of energy, and I swear those vents are shrinking around me. Last week I was stuck in one for a day. Still. Potential for exploitation is high. Only a mind as brilliant as yours truly could really...

: Championship. Potential to see beyond the veil. To tread where no one has tread before, except for a bunch of lunatics, losers and glorified fanfiction protagonists. Naturally. Privileged position, though: more to see, more to find out, more to remember. Also more to booby trap for security; I wonder if I could turn the dictaphone into one, let me just- *more static*

As I put my genius to work, need to collect my thoughts. Weak. Sleep-deprived. Driven by sheer force of will. This won't do, can't have my - it's not revenge when I blow him up, is it? Can't have my prevenge if I'm weak. I need an edge. I need a way to beat the system.

: I need coffee.

: I know of a treasure trove. Might leave a little something in return. The beautiful thing about this place is that you literally cannot blow up someone who would not deserve it... Come on, you stupid scre- *static*

: What the hell does it mean "speak into the device when the red light is on"?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: Alright friendos! It's time for me to break my vow of silence, since I'm going for the big belt and so I need to talk the talk, not just walk the walk!

: Yeah it sucked being beaten in the Co-Commentator match but drat did it feel good to put on a great show! But after that, I went away and thought to myself, have I gone astray? Have I spent too much time thinking that I was one of the Moon Saviours, and not about Wrestling?

: And so I went to see my old wrestling coach: A bear I found in the woods. And suplexed him until i felt like I was ready to fight again!

: Then I fought a tree. And you know what? IT WAS AMAZING! Trees have always been a respected enemy, seeing as how they are ridiculously hard to suplex and if you try to give them a clothesline you just hurt yourself after a while. But I came out victorious!

: SO LISTEN UP NUFFKINS! I'm going to give it my all in that title shot, so you better be ready. Cuz if you give me anything less than 110% of your all, I am going to beat you so loving hard you'll be eating through a straw for disrespecting the title like that. But I'm looking forward to seeing you in the ring, friendo!

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

These storylines became much harder to understand when that Lore Convoluter guy showed up.

*long pause*

Okay, no, I'm a coffee elemental because I transformed out of desperation after I went without coffee for almost a whole day because Dash Rendar stole all the food on the moon. Never mind, these storylines were always hard to follow. I'm gonna go hang out with my friend who is a witch and who may be having a secret love affair with a face-biting demoness, and then after I'll hang out with my other friend who is also a bunny and who one time I punched her in the head a lot and we broke the universe.

What? Oh right, let's do lunch or something. Hey, you should really get to know Hell-ena a little better. I've been helping her work through her... rage, I guess? I've even let her go into my candle room...

Y'know, for candle stuff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

: -this thing on? Does the red light mean it's on? Or is it just a cruel joke of the universe, a sound bit of echoing "gently caress you", a little blippy middle finger pointed at-

: Okay, it's definitely off now. My security measures have clearly been compromised. They found out I blew up Palpatine. Masterfully executed, of course, except it was fully sufficient to blow up just about anyone with that trapped belt, it just... happened to be the most vengeful rear end in a top hat within a five kilometer radius. *static sound* Take that, deaf dictaphone of doom!

: Light still red, thing still off. So. Not quite feeling myself lately. Lack of sleep, lack of energy, and I swear those vents are shrinking around me. Last week I was stuck in one for a day. Still. Potential for exploitation is high. Only a mind as brilliant as yours truly could really...

: Championship. Potential to see beyond the veil. To tread where no one has tread before, except for a bunch of lunatics, losers and glorified fanfiction protagonists. Naturally. Privileged position, though: more to see, more to find out, more to remember. Also more to booby trap for security; I wonder if I could turn the dictaphone into one, let me just- *more static*

As I put my genius to work, need to collect my thoughts. Weak. Sleep-deprived. Driven by sheer force of will. This won't do, can't have my - it's not revenge when I blow him up, is it? Can't have my prevenge if I'm weak. I need an edge. I need a way to beat the system.

: I know of a treasure trove. Might leave a little something in return. The beautiful thing about this place is that you literally cannot blow up someone who would not deserve it... Come on, you stupid scre- *static*

...This is what I get for signing for delivery on unmarked VHS tapes.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Show starts in 15 minutes. https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

1st Match: Eight-Way Chaos
2nd Match: Woolsey Smythe vs. Thundercat Chris Pine
3rd Match: Garbo Girl vs. DivineCoffeeBinge
4th Match: Samus vs. Tolvie (c)
5th Match: Hugrule Warriors vs. Unlikely Roommates (c)
6th Match: A tree vs. Kylo Ren (c)
7th Match: anilEhilated vs. Palpatine (c)
Intermission: IGgy vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
8th Match: Freddie Hope vs. Nuffkins (c)
9th Match: Hell-Ena (c) vs. Nadira (c)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

LPFWA 2k18 Episode #24 - Large Punching Fucker Wrestles Angrily

Large Punching Fucker Wrestles Angrily (Deathmaster780)

Lord Palpatine Flubs Wrestling, gets anilEhilated (nine-gear crow)
(e)Limination Pin Forgotten, Win Aborted (nine-gear crow)

IGgy IGsen posted:

This Saturday we will have THE BIG SHOW (feat. The Big Show)

As usual, you are welcome to vote on who gets to face THE THREE WAY AT SACRIFICE in a four-way at TNA Sacrifice

#1 Eight-Way Chaos
Flamander vs. Fruitsniffer vs. Majestic Goat-Man vs. Toad vs. Lore Convoluter vs. Macro Man Keynes vs. D the Destroyer vs. Big Show!

#2 Singles Match

Garbo Girl vs. DCB

#4 Kawaii Championship
Samus vs. Tolvie (c)

#5 Co-Comm Championship

a tree vs. Kylo Ren (c)

https://goo.gl/forms/MuOnkluglEOf1d553 vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

#8 LPFWA Championship

Main Event: LPFWA Women‘s Championship (Match to unify the timelines????) TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS

#99999 FOIT ME M8????
Maybe.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

: Good thing I'm used to facing seven other opponents at the same time.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

*long pause*

Rather Watch Them posted:

What? Oh right, let's do lunch or something. Hey, you should really get to know Hell-ena a little better. I've been helping her work through her... rage, I guess? I've even let her go into my candle room...

Y'know, for candle stuff.

anilEhilated posted:

nine-gear crow posted:

...This is what I get for signing for delivery on unmarked VHS tapes.

Hattie Masters posted:

: Alright friendos! It's time for me to break my vow of silence, since I'm going for the big belt and so I need to talk the talk, not just walk the walk!

: Yeah it sucked being beaten in the Co-Commentator match but drat did it feel good to put on a great show! But after that, I went away and thought to myself, have I gone astray? Have I spent too much time thinking that I was one of the Moon Saviours, and not about Wrestling?

: And so I went to see my old wrestling coach: A bear I found in the woods. And suplexed him until i felt like I was ready to fight again!

: Then I fought a tree. And you know what? IT WAS AMAZING! Trees have always been a respected enemy, seeing as how they are ridiculously hard to suplex and if you try to give them a clothesline you just hurt yourself after a while. But I came out victorious!

: SO LISTEN UP NUFFKINS! I'm going to give it my all in that title shot, so you better be ready. Cuz if you give me anything less than 110% of your all, I am going to beat you so loving hard you'll be eating through a straw for disrespecting the title like that. But I'm looking forward to seeing you in the ring, friendo!

yerpalhal, post:138, topic:2484, full:true posted:

My brothers in arms thon hugrule warriors let us huv thon match of the night and tear the roof aff the hoose. Win or lose on either side I must say it is a pleasure tae face ye two again not as the jerk i wis when i first arrived but as the warrior who respects ye both.

And if me and Tommy do lose drinks are oan me my friends…but ye’ll huv tae work for it lads. Angus does not buy drinks fir free

Vanderlyle, post:139, topic:2484, full:true posted:

“The Hugrule Warriors will always be ready to throw down with the Unlikely Roommates! Be ready to defend that belt with all you got!”

Results posted:

Scene: Big Show has multiple face and heel turns

#1 Eight-Way Chaos
A draw between Goat-Man and D

#2 Singles Match
Thundercat does the scratching post on the black and white man

Garbo Girl vs. DCB
DCB TAKES IT

#4 Kawaii Championship
Samus vs. Tolvie (c)
The too big women clash at THE BIG SHOW and Tolvie wins

#5 Co-Comm Championship
Oh, boy! A title change! The Hugrule Warriors win their first Championship!

a tree vs. Kylo Ren (c)
The tree cannot repeat his victory against Kylo. Is this the end for the tree??? Anyway, Kylo Ren wins

Aaaand, anil wins the title.

IGgy vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
The numbers DID lie. Joe pins Steiner

#8 LPFWA Championship
WHAT A WAR but Nuffkins cannot be beaten

Hell-Ena scores both of her falls before Nadira can score one, but the match still felt close fought

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
-thiscoffeestuffisamazingstuffbrainturbochargedplanswithinplotswithinplansanditsallagainstmewherethefuckdidiputthatbombandwhyisthereabeltaroundmyfacecannotseeshit-

*thud*

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 2, 2018

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This week's show will happen at the usual time and place
And we also gotta vote on who gets to go against Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle an Scott Steiner this week here This'll go on until one of our guys actually wins.

#1 Buscus Brawl
Bone Pimp vs. Angus McMutton

#2 Three-Way
Jumpy-Chan vs. DivineCoffeeBinge vs. Konami Kouda

#3 Singles Match
Yelizaveta RN vs. Lady of the Lancet

#4 Bunny Championship :3
Tommy Wiseau vs. Kylo Ren (c)

#5 Singles Match
D the Destroyer vs. The Majestic Goat-Man

#6 LP Superstar Championship
Toad vs. anilEhilated (c)

#0 LPFWA vs. The Universe
https://goo.gl/forms/C97FISB72BxYeiU72

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

1st Match: Bone Pimp (c) vs. Angus McMutton for the Buscus
2nd Match: Jumpy-Chan vs. DivineCoffeeBinge vs. Konami Kouda
3rd Match: Yelizaveta RN vs. Lady of the Lancet
4th Match: Tommy Wiseau vs. Kylo Ren (c) for the Bunny Title :3
5th Match: D the Destroyer vs. The Majestic Goat-Man
Main Event: Toad vs. anilEhilated (c) for the LP Superstar Title
Bonus: Toad vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Darn it, was only able to catch the last match; Toad had a good run at least.

I didn't get to see the Championship match but I'm pretty sure he lost as usual.

VVV EDIT: Well color me surprised VVV

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 6, 2018

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Darn it, was only able to catch the last match; Toad had a good run at least.

I didn't get to see the Championship match but I'm pretty sure he lost as usual.

Here's Toad's match https://www.twitch.tv/videos/258148926
The rest of the show will probably follow tomorrow.
Or, y'know, you can go to the channel and check the VOD.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

LPFWA 2k18 Episode #25 - Longhorned Player Finishes with Attitude
Episode Title by Deathmaster780

Results posted:

Scene: Angus and Tommy talk for a bit before Angus goes to face his fate

#1 Buscus Brawl
Bone Pimp vs. Angus McMutton
Angus is the 1 in and tha 6 and 1, breaking Bone Pimp's losing streak by losing himself.

#2 Three-Way
Jumpy-Chan vs. DivineCoffeeBinge vs. Konami Kouda
Konami finally begins showing us what she's got since the tournament and takes another win

#3 Singles Match
Yelizaveta RN vs. Lady of the Lancet
Yelizaveta beats up Lady, throwing her around a bit

Tommy Wiseau vs. Kylo Ren (c)
Okay, just take a step back and let this sink in: Tommy Wiseau, writer, director and actor in The Room defeats Kylo Ren, a guy who actually has superhuman powers.

#5 Singles Match
D the Destroyer vs. The Majestic Goat-Man
Goat wins by countout while posing in the corner. TRANQUILO

#6 LP Superstar Championship
Toad vs. anilEhilated (c)
So there was a match supposed instead we witnessed a murder. Toad completely SQUASHED anil. It's not even funny. Just kidding, it totally is]

#0 LPFWA vs. The Universe
Toad vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
Steiner pinned Toad again. After the squash in the match previous one might now think of the implications this has concerning Scott Steiner's power level but then you remember this isn't canon. Probably. Steiner DID beat Toad in the past, after all.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Oh, crap! I forgot to post the match card yesterday and on wednesday! Well...
It'll be at the usual time, of course. Only this link now links you to the page for the "series" which to my understanding lets you set it up so you get a reminder for whenever I go live with LPFWA rather than having to opt in to every single event. In addition to giving you the exact time in your timezone which is the main reason I put these here. But there's features.

Of course you'll also have the honor to vote on who gets to be the fourth wheel in the legendary THREE WAY AT SACRIFICE

#1 Buscus Brawl
Angus McMutton (c) vs. Woolsey Smythe

#2 Just a friendly garbage exhibition.
Garbo Barba vs. Garbo Girl

#3 Bunny Championship :3
Fruitsniffer vs. Tommy Wiseau (c)

#4 LPFWA Women's Championship No. 1 Contender Match.
Valerie Easton vs. Nadira

Intermission: LPFWA vs. The Universe
https://goo.gl/forms/C4llGdXWKCd53Fzq2 vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

#5 Tag Team Match.
Los Ingobernables de Luna vs. The Third Street Sinners

Main Event: Kawaii Championship
Konami Kouda vs. Tolvie (c)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

1st Match: Angus McMutton (c) vs. Woolsey Smythe for The Buscus
2nd Match: Garbo Girl vs. Garbo Barba
3rd Match: Fruitsniffer vs. Tommy Wiseau (c) for the Bunny Title :3
4th Match: Valerie Easton vs. Nadira
Intermission: Goat vs. TCP vs. Lore vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
5th Match: Third Street Sinners vs. Mystery Team
Main Event: Konami Kouda vs. Tolvie (c) for the Kawaii Title

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

LPFWA 2k18 Episode #26 - Loss, Powerlessness, Failure, Wrestling, Angst
Episode Title by YerPalHal

IGgy IGsen posted:

Oh, crap! I forgot to post the match card yesterday and on wednesday! Well...
It'll be at the usual time, of course. Only this link now links you to the page for the "series" which to my understanding lets you set it up so you get a reminder for whenever I go live with LPFWA rather than having to opt in to every single event. In addition to giving you the exact time in your timezone which is the main reason I put these here. But there's features.

Of course you'll also have the honor to vote on who gets to be the fourth wheel in the legendary THREE WAY AT SACRIFICE

#1 Buscus Brawl

https://goo.gl/forms/C4llGdXWKCd53Fzq2 vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

#5 Tag Team Match.

yerpalhal, post:150, topic:2484, full:true posted:

right buscus…gameface must be rid o it. before it drives me mental…well mentaler

ah say…ah say boy, you did the right thing sacrificing yourself so bonepimp can rejoin his comrades.

who the -bleep- are you

Just a part of your whiskey addled brain boy. The tiny man inside whispering to you. and ah say to you boy to shove your hand in Smythes chest and rip his spine out

um isn’t he a ghost

don’t tell me you believe that drunk fools kayfabe bull boy. next you’ll think that you put on your thick accent cause thats how you think people outside of scotland thin scots speak…now drink boy and prepare

um yes mr voice in mah heid

Results posted:

#1 Buscus Brawl
Angus wins against the ghost

Scene: IGgy is mad that Angus is incapable of dedicating himself to just one tag-team and bans him from tag-team wrestling while also vowing to take matters into his own hands by aligning with the devil himself to form a tag team.

Garbo wins!!! Oh, Girl, I mean Garbo Girl!

Scene: Fruity hypes himself up a bit before the match to remind himself that he can indeed hug

It's possible that Fruity may have overcome his weird hugless slump. Oh, and fruity got thrown around by an invisible force once...

Scene: Angus goes loving mental and murders tommy backstage then cuts a promo on... I didn't understand a word.

At one point Nadira was going for a 450 but Val dodged at the last moment to taunt...

I believe that to be the point in the match where Val's victory was decided.

Goat-Man vs. Thundercat Chris Pine vs. Lore Convoluter vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
So, basically all our guys got eliminated first and then Joe, Kurt and Scott had a three-way at sacrifice.

#5 Tag Team Match.
IGgy's mystery partner was none other than Dash loving Rendar himself and together they tore it down!!! Like... IGgy literally tore them all down. That moment, of course, was immediately followed by this. They won, though. IGgy and Dash won.

What a true David vs. Goliath type match. Konami threw everything she got at Tolvie but Tolvie just ignores it and wins. That's how the story goes, right?

yerpalhal, post:152, topic:2484, full:true posted:

This wis it…consider the broken mangled twisted desicrated bodies of The ghost and that wee bampot Tommy as my first shot in mah crusade. I will bring Hope and despair tae the moon. Hope of nae mair of that drunken twat iggys asinine booking and despair tae anyone stupid enough tae get in mah way…you must be scared o me iggy tae even take the pieces of silver in order to dare team up wie that living trash machine Rendar. Exile me frae thon tag teams…ye dare take me away from my friends at the warriors or mah boys in the sinners. i dinnae need help to shove a bottle of jargir doon yuir song hole.

Mah name is Angus Mcmutton and ah am a mad mental drunk bastard. noo whas next?

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 27, 2018

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Here we are again! show will be Saturday, same time as always. The match card is below.
You can also vote on someone to finally put down the Three Way at Sacrifice

#1 Buscus Brawl
Woolsey Smythe (c) vs. The Masked Man

#3 Thr33-Way
Link vs. Kylo R3n vs. The Maj3stic Goat-Man vs. Tommy Wis3au

#3 Singles Match
Konami Kouda vs. DivineCoffeeBinge

https://goo.gl/forms/RZtHgSEYiQrPLFTy2 vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

Lotus Aura vs. Fruitsniffer (c)

#5 Kawaii No. 1 Contender Match
Nadira vs. Yelizaveta RN

Main Event: Co-Comm Championship
Los Borrachos vs. Hugrule Warriors (c)

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 16, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

#2 Three-Way
Link(1) vs. Kylo Ren(3) vs. The Majestic Goat-Man(3) vs. Tommy Wiseau(4)

The Steiner Math is coming from inside the LP! :stonk:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how I managed to get so far behind on the show, just checked where I am on the playlist and it's at episode 8 :gonk:

Anyway, gonna start catching up! If my ISP and waking hours allow it maybe I can even watch some live shows again too!

Prolly not gonna try to post in-character stuff again though, burning out on that is partly why I stopped following along.

e: oh yeah, by the way, I had an idea for a future gimmick for a hypothetical next season/thread, and was wondering how editable the entrance config is. Most importantly - can you set how long it takes for the CAW to show up on screen so hopefully it'll fit in with a custom entrance theme? I know some entrances have the CAW "take their time" showing on camera, but am wondering if it's just pre-made entrances or is the wait "modded" in

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 17, 2018

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right. Have to reschedule this week's show to next week due to plans that have since been made. There will be social interaction but there won't be video game wrestling.

So we'll skip this week and resume next week

I'll probably do what I did last time I skipped a week, which means stats and poo poo. I might even try to recap some stuff that happened? No promises there but there'll be something.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

e: oh yeah, by the way, I had an idea for a future gimmick for a hypothetical next season/thread, and was wondering how editable the entrance config is. Most importantly - can you set how long it takes for the CAW to show up on screen so hopefully it'll fit in with a custom entrance theme? I know some entrances have the CAW "take their time" showing on camera, but am wondering if it's just pre-made entrances or is the wait "modded" in

The short answer: Yes.

Long answer? Well, you can stitch an entrance together from multiple bits consisting of an intro (usually a couple crowd shots), wrestler on stage, wrestler on ramp and wrestler in ring. All of these have varying durations and since the first one is usually just showing the crowd or the arena it's possible to select one that syncs up with music. But that's not all, since the show is "taped" and I just edit in the music anyway It's even easier to sync up the music to an entrance.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

The short answer: Yes.

Long answer? Well, you can stitch an entrance together from multiple bits consisting of an intro (usually a couple crowd shots), wrestler on stage, wrestler on ramp and wrestler in ring. All of these have varying durations and since the first one is usually just showing the crowd or the arena it's possible to select one that syncs up with music. But that's not all, since the show is "taped" and I just edit in the music anyway It's even easier to sync up the music to an entrance.

Oh man, you put even more effort into this than I thought! Thanks for the answer!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay! We're set for this week unless something unforeseen happens.

Here's the match card again

quote:

Here we are again! show will be Saturday, same time as always. The match card is below.

#1 Buscus Brawl

#3 Thr33-Way

#3 Singles Match

https://goo.gl/forms/RZtHgSEYiQrPLFTy2 vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

Nadira vs. Yelizaveta RN

And since we didn't get a show last week have some numbers and facts, some of which may be fun.

Matches
Last time we tallied up we were eight episodes in and had 63 matches shown. Now we're 26 Episodes in, with the 27th airing the upcoming weekend. We've had 201 matches total with 157 being singles matches. To put that into some perspective: The first LPFWA on WWE '13 ran for 19 episodes and we've surpassed that. The second run on WWE 2k14 went on for 32 episodes, which we're closing in on.

Scenes
We are now at a total of 77 Scenes with an average of 2.96 Scenes per episode. The most scenes per show was 6.
Last time, after eight episodes, we had 26 scenes.
I did some episodes without scenes but addes something different instead. Such as the time Rara got glitched into an equipment box backstage or with all the breaking news regarding The Big Show's numerous turns.

Wrestlers
We have a total of 52 (35m, 17f) Wrestlers submitted right now, that's only two more from or last tally.
Out of those 52 I made 41 (28m, 13f) that are active wrestlers. three have a kind of "Staff" role and one was straight up rejected (a literal penis). There's 7 left that I can still make and they are all by people who submitted multiple characters which means I made everyones first time submissions. The reason I haven't made any new wrestlers in a while is simple: I'm lazy But I'll get to it eventually.

Out of all our wrestlers DCB has the most matches with 21. She also has the most losses (14). The highest Win Percentage aside from Nuffkins (100%) is Tolvie's with 75 %. Garbo Girl has the lowest win % with 16.67% She's had a rough start winning only 1 of her six matches so far (one of those remaining five was a draw)

Championships
Probably surprising no one the title with the most defenses is the Bunny Championship who only hasn't been defended in a single episde (The Women's Tournament). It's also the title with the longest reign (6 succesful defenses by Palpatine). The second longest reign is a four way tie between Bone Pimps unfortunate Buscus Reign, Fred Hope and Flamander's Co-Comm reign, a tree's LP superstar reign and Nuffkins ongoing LPFWA Title reign. Which means if Nuffkins defends the title once more he's tied with Palpy

The longest reign in terms of days are Nuffkins with the 155+ days he's held the LPFWA Title and TECHNICALLY the legendary Wrestler VACANT who held the LPFWA Women's Title from the start of the season until the Women's Tournament for 155 days.

LPFWA Over Time
This third "season" is structured a bit differently than the previous too in the sense that we stick to a strict four shows per kayfabe month schedule while previous seasons stuck to the real world calendar, sometimes having five shows a month. Very rarely even six.

The entire thing started, due to technical limitations, without commentary and in the first episode even without music. The first season drew more inspiration from the more well known, legendary angles of wrestling. There was a spoofy rip-off of the whole formation of the nWo and a "third man". This was partially because I wasn't really into wrestling at the time and yet decided to run a wrestling e-fed and that was the stuff that was the most easy to learn about.

Season 2 started being more original mainly because I watched Lucha Underground at the time and realized that wrestling doesn't need to be presented as a sporting event and can just be a dumb sitcom.

Season 3 is the one I started when I was actually into wrestling. It draws inspiration from several promotions and eras and mixes it with whatever LPFWA 2k14 was. The booking also makes more sense now and I don't drop storylines that often.

The craziest thing that happened is probably still when the moon got thrown into the sun and had to be rescued by wrestling on it. With the whole messed up timeline thing we got going right now we're not quite at that level yet but with a little time I have no doubt we'll get there at some point.

The Making of LPFWA
On the off-chance anyone is interested in this here's how I make LPFWA. To make it more manageable I split the work up between 5 or 6 days.

The first day has me just booking the show. I consider ongoing storylnes, how much a character has appeared total (Can't be 100% fair here, some people tend to show up more). For title matches I also compare people's win ratio and I have a formula that gives each wrestler points based their wins and losses, the way they happened (count-outs, for instance count for less) but I don't use it that much because wrestlers with more matches will naturally have a higher value, so it's not normalized. Just something fun I whipped up. The highest such rating is Flamander's, which is 225. The lowest is DCB's with -155 but by far not the only one in the negatives. This booking step also invovles me deciding possible spots for scenes, but the final decision on which scenes are shown when and if they are even shown depends on the outcome of the next step...

The second day has me just recording every match. The outcomes here are not predetermined although I do sometimes redo matches. Mostly I just hit rematch for funsies so something's going on in the background this is what happened during the Women's Tournament confusion. Sometimes I do it because it's a squash and I don't want one (maybe because there's already been one on the show or just because I think it wouldn't be fitting for one reason or another). I tried to redo some of the Hell in a Cell matches we had until they went out side the cell but they never did. Maybe one day they will. Maybe the AI just never does. I don't know. For the Fred Hope vs. Flamander Iron Man I just redid it until the result was not one-sided (the winner's varied but it was usually a shut-out victory for whoever won and that was not very interesting). It was not my intention to have them fight to a draw again but I'm kind of happy they did. Most of the time I don't even watch the matches though, It's just hard not to notice a 1 minute squash match.

The third day has me actually writing the script for the scenes on the show. Now that I know how the matches end I can make people react to these outcomes. In previous LPFWAs I had to write around that because even though you could make stories branch it was a real hassle to set up. As far as writing the actual scenes go I sometimes have concrete ideas when I go in. I sometimes don't. In that case I just wing it. But I also have some text file with scribbles for scenes I might do at some point. In LPFWA 2 I had some people (Rara, Schir, BFC/Audrey, sometimes Lotus/Dragonatrix and rarely others too help me out here, but by the end of season 2 I went solo. Setting up a time for working like this became very exhausting. For Season 3 I only ever got help with booking and that soon died down).

The fourth day has me actually make the scenes in Renpy as well as recording additional footage I need (such as entrances) this is also where I make the character cut-outs I haven't made already and where I make backgrounds. I've mentioned this in the past, but even though this is technically more work, the restrictions that are being lifted due to using Renpy over WWE '13 or 2k14s built-in story creator make all the drawbacks (mainly Renpy being 2D and mostly static) worth it. I don't even know how I got the idea to do this because I'm not particularly interested in visual novels. But it brings wrestling closer to its anime roots. If you wanna know what my scripts look like here's the scene where Kylo Ren starts turning on Palpy. It's a good example because it's one in which a lot happens..

code:
label scene4:
    scene bgblack
    with fade1

scene bgring01
    show palpy fneutral at Position (xpos=0.50, xanchor=0.5, ypos=1.0, yanchor=0.80)
    show kylo fneutral at Position (xpos=0.80, xanchor=0.5, ypos=1.0, yanchor=0.80)
    show face fcross at Position (xpos=0.90, xanchor=0.5, ypos=1.0, yanchor=0.80)
    with wipeleft

#Scene: Palpy celebrates

palpy "Okay people, you've seen it once more. I'm the greatest. If there's anyone who thinks they stand a chance against me they may now step forward or remain in the shadows forever!"

#pause

palpy "No one? How dissa-"

#kylo moves foward a bit
    show palpy neutral:
        linear 0.3 xpos 0.35 ypos 1.0

show kylo fneutral:
        linear 0.6 xpos 0.60 ypos 1.0

kylo "Master!"
    palpy "Oh, please, buddy, grown ups are talking here."
    kylo "I think I would stand a chance against you."

show palpy neutral:
        linear 0.40 xpos 0.40 ypos 1.0

show kylo fneutral:
        linear 1.0 xpos 0.70 ypos 1.0

palpy "You loving what now puppy?"
    palpy "Remember how that tree mangled you? That tree you fought because you thought you could avenge my death?"
    palpy "Remember how you were somehow convinced that I was dead just because I exploded? COME THE gently caress ON IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!"
    palpy "Remember how I beat the tree that beat you for this here title?"
    palpy "Remember how you told me you think you got a chance against ME! The great galactic emperor? The one and only Sheev loving Palpatine!"
    palpy "You for loving real, son?"
    kylo "Uh..."
    palpy "If you wanna go one on one with the great one you better say it twice because if I only hear it once I'll take it as the funniest misheard lyrics ever."
    kylo "Yeah! I could totally beat you gramps! I mean Master!"
    palpy "Face, friend, can you loving believe that? He thinks he can beat  ME? And he's calling me old?"
    face "Well, he did just say it twice so I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying."

show palpy neutral:
        linear 0.40 xpos 0.45 ypos 1.0

palpy "All right, you wanna go? You wanna see how it feels to get hit by the Darkside McTwist, the Imperial Powerbomb and the Galactic Elbow?"

show kylo fneutral:
        linear 0.40 xpos 0.60 ypos 1.0

kylo "Yeah, well? You wanna know what it feels like to be hit with the Starkiller? And my other moves? Because you will if you accept my challenge."

show palpy shrug:
        linear 0.30 xpos 0.35 ypos 1.0

palpy "Pfffft. Sure. Let's do it. I wanted to take it easy for the next big show anyway. But you're going in timeout as soon as we're back in the locker room for having the gall to challenge me."

show palpy neutral

kylo "..."
    kylo "Whatever."
    face "But... boss"
    palpy "Don't worry, not Galen timeout, this is not as unforgivable as that Hot Pocket incident..."
    palpy "Anyway, folks. That's a wrap! Let's all go home."

scene bgblack
    with fade1

Now, on day 5 I so bring it all together. This sometimes extends on to day 6. I have a template project file with some stuff I need for making the show. The crowd shots I show between matches, the sweeping shots before the show starts and all that stuff as well as some graphics and miscellaneous stuff. I first put all the video in and cut it all together. Next I add the entrance music, then the match music, then the pre-match graphics and then finally the trading cards for the entrances. I do it in this order because that it's sorted descending by the imprtance for the show. If I somehow have less time or energy I just leave out that one step. For the last few episodes I left out the trading cards, for instance. As those aren't really needed and wont be missed as much as, say, the music during matches. Speaking of the music, I actually have some themes specific to characters. Aside from their entrance theme. Hell-Ena often has Demon of the Fall by Opeth play during her matches (usually when she's having a vicious comeback or assaults someone backstage). Valerie Easton often has some Castlevania remix tracks for her matches while Lotus has a song of which the title eludes me but it's a Tales of... Destiny... I think.... remix. Mainly because this happened to be the song that played when he got rid of the Buscus.

So, day 6, while the editing phase sometimes extends into this, is when the show happens. Aside from some preparations for the stream I basically just hit play and we go have the show.

And on the seventh day I rest!

Now, all this is a lot of work and it's quite time consuming, but the way I split it up still gives me time for my other hobbies, social stuff and of course my day job. It can get quite exhausting and when it gets too much I just don't do a show. So far I didn't have to skip a week for that reason yet. It was basically Christmas when I visited my family as well as last week when I went to see a movie with friends.

Well, that was a lot again. But I know there's one or two people out there who like this kinda stuff. I like LPers to give these behind-the-scenes looks ocassionally myself, after all.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

And since we didn't get a show last week have some numbers and facts, some of which may be fun.

Thanks, that was a very interesting read. :)

I read most of it, though hopefully you'll excuse the fact I kinda skimmed over your Renpy-cutscene example.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

IGgy IGsen posted:

Out of all our wrestlers DCB has the most matches with 21. She also has the most losses (14).

And they said I could never be the best at anything!!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay!

In addition to the regular show there will be two more bonus matches, both using Fire Pro Wrestling World.

The first will be a retread of the first match of this season:

Additionally there will be an eight-way with characters randomly selected by the game.

And of course there's also our regular scheduled bonus match...

So the updated match card is as follows:

quote:

#1 Buscus Brawl

#3 Thr33-Way

Intermission 1: LPFWA 2k18 #1 Redux
IGgy vs. Fruitsniffer (Fire Pro Wrestling World)

#3 Singles Match

Intermission 2: LPFWA vs. The Universe
Palpatine vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

Nadira vs. Yelizaveta RN

Intermission 3: Random Madness
Eight Random People in Fire Pro Wrestling World

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Match 1: Woolsey Smythe (c) vs. The Masked Man for the Buscus
Match 2: Link vs. Kylo R3n vs. The Maj3stic Goat-Man vs. Tommy Wis3au
Intermission 1: IGgy vs. Fruitsniffer (Fire Pro Wrestling World)
Match 3: Konami Kouda vs. DivineCoffeeBinge
Intermission 2: Palpatine vs. Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
Match 4: Lotus Aura vs. Fruitsniffer (c) for the Bunny Title :3
Match 5: Nadira vs. Yelizaveta RN
Intermission 3: Random Madness in Fire Pro Wrestling World
Main Event: Los Borrachos vs. Hugrule Warriors (c) for the Co-Comm titles

Vanderlyle posted:

So now that you’ve made characters in Fire Pro Wrestling World, how do you feel the character creators compare? From what I’ve seen, Fire Pro seems to have more details when it comes to the appearance, but what about other things, such as moves and taunts and all that?
I've made all characters I made myself before I even started this LPFWA season. about when the game first launched in Early Access. I made some other characters from the previous LPFWA too (Punchy, Fred Hope, Jumpy based on her Anime form from Season 1). What I remember from then is that the character creator is kind of hard to work with. To make someone wear a slong sleeve shirt, for instance, you have to first find a fitting "shirt" part for the torso, then for the upper and lower arms. It's limited in weird ways which require you to rely on the imagination of whoevers looking at the character. The text on Fruity's belly, for instance is a diamond. As far as the movelist goes I have no real complaints except that you can't just (at the time of release) copy a moveset from someone else and use that as a base to alter. FPWW also allows to tweak stuff like AI behaviour which is interesting, provided you can figure it out.

Some of you might now ask yourselves if LPFWA will make a jump to Fire Pro Wrestling World at some point. And it's not impossible. Depends on how long I'll keep it going. I'd also have to familiarize myself with its creation suite some more. It would certainly be easier for people to submit their own stuff.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

LPFWA 2k18 Episode #27 - Link Pineapple Face Withstands Anything
Episode Title by ZephyrWhisper

Deathmaster780: Loser Palpatine loving Wins! Amazing!
divinecoffeebinge: Let's Ply Fruitsniffer With Alcohol
ZephyrWhisper: Link Pineapple Face Withstands Anything
divinecoffeebinge: Larcenous, Powerful, Fat Wrestlers Attack!

IGgy IGsen posted:

#1 Buscus Brawl

#3 Thr33-Way

#3 Singles Match

Nadira vs. Yelizaveta RN

Eight Random People in Fire Pro Wrestling World

quote:

Matches
Last time we tallied up we were eight episodes in and had 63 matches shown. Now we're 26 Episodes in, with the 27th airing the upcoming weekend. We've had 201 matches total with 157 being singles matches. To put that into some perspective: The first LPFWA on WWE '13 ran for 19 episodes and we've surpassed that. The second run on WWE 2k14 went on for 32 episodes, which we're closing in on.

Scenes
We are now at a total of 77 Scenes with an average of 2.96 Scenes per episode. The most scenes per show was 6.
Last time, after eight episodes, we had 26 scenes.
I did some episodes without scenes but addes something different instead. Such as the time Rara got glitched into an equipment box backstage or with all the breaking news regarding The Big Show's numerous turns.

Wrestlers
We have a total of 52 (35m, 17f) Wrestlers submitted right now, that's only two more from or last tally.
Out of those 52 I made 41 (28m, 13f) that are active wrestlers. three have a kind of "Staff" role and one was straight up rejected (a literal penis). There's 7 left that I can still make and they are all by people who submitted multiple characters which means I made everyones first time submissions. The reason I haven't made any new wrestlers in a while is simple: I'm lazy But I'll get to it eventually.

Out of all our wrestlers DCB has the most matches with 21. She also has the most losses (14). The highest Win Percentage aside from Nuffkins (100%) is Tolvie's with 75 %. Garbo Girl has the lowest win % with 16.67% She's had a rough start winning only 1 of her six matches so far (one of those remaining five was a draw)

Championships
Probably surprising no one the title with the most defenses is the Bunny Championship who only hasn't been defended in a single episde (The Women's Tournament). It's also the title with the longest reign (6 succesful defenses by Palpatine). The second longest reign is a four way tie between Bone Pimps unfortunate Buscus Reign, Fred Hope and Flamander's Co-Comm reign, a tree's LP superstar reign and Nuffkins ongoing LPFWA Title reign. Which means if Nuffkins defends the title once more he's tied with Palpy

The longest reign in terms of days are Nuffkins with the 155+ days he's held the LPFWA Title and TECHNICALLY the legendary Wrestler VACANT who held the LPFWA Women's Title from the start of the season until the Women's Tournament for 155 days.

LPFWA Over Time
This third "season" is structured a bit differently than the previous too in the sense that we stick to a strict four shows per kayfabe month schedule while previous seasons stuck to the real world calendar, sometimes having five shows a month. Very rarely even six.

The entire thing started, due to technical limitations, without commentary and in the first episode even without music. The first season drew more inspiration from the more well known, legendary angles of wrestling. There was a spoofy rip-off of the whole formation of the nWo and a "third man". This was partially because I wasn't really into wrestling at the time and yet decided to run a wrestling e-fed and that was the stuff that was the most easy to learn about.

Season 2 started being more original mainly because I watched Lucha Underground at the time and realized that wrestling doesn't need to be presented as a sporting event and can just be a dumb sitcom.

Season 3 is the one I started when I was actually into wrestling. It draws inspiration from several promotions and eras and mixes it with whatever LPFWA 2k14 was. The booking also makes more sense now and I don't drop storylines that often.

The craziest thing that happened is probably still when the moon got thrown into the sun and had to be rescued by wrestling on it. With the whole messed up timeline thing we got going right now we're not quite at that level yet but with a little time I have no doubt we'll get there at some point.

The Making of LPFWA
On the off-chance anyone is interested in this here's how I make LPFWA. To make it more manageable I split the work up between 5 or 6 days.

The first day has me just booking the show. I consider ongoing storylnes, how much a character has appeared total (Can't be 100% fair here, some people tend to show up more). For title matches I also compare people's win ratio and I have a formula that gives each wrestler points based their wins and losses, the way they happened (count-outs, for instance count for less) but I don't use it that much because wrestlers with more matches will naturally have a higher value, so it's not normalized. Just something fun I whipped up. The highest such rating is Flamander's, which is 225. The lowest is DCB's with -155 but by far not the only one in the negatives. This booking step also invovles me deciding possible spots for scenes, but the final decision on which scenes are shown when and if they are even shown depends on the outcome of the next step...

The second day has me just recording every match. The outcomes here are not predetermined although I do sometimes redo matches. Mostly I just hit rematch for funsies so something's going on in the background this is what happened during the Women's Tournament confusion. Sometimes I do it because it's a squash and I don't want one (maybe because there's already been one on the show or just because I think it wouldn't be fitting for one reason or another). I tried to redo some of the Hell in a Cell matches we had until they went out side the cell but they never did. Maybe one day they will. Maybe the AI just never does. I don't know. For the Fred Hope vs. Flamander Iron Man I just redid it until the result was not one-sided (the winner's varied but it was usually a shut-out victory for whoever won and that was not very interesting). It was not my intention to have them fight to a draw again but I'm kind of happy they did. Most of the time I don't even watch the matches though, It's just hard not to notice a 1 minute squash match.

The third day has me actually writing the script for the scenes on the show. Now that I know how the matches end I can make people react to these outcomes. In previous LPFWAs I had to write around that because even though you could make stories branch it was a real hassle to set up. As far as writing the actual scenes go I sometimes have concrete ideas when I go in. I sometimes don't. In that case I just wing it. But I also have some text file with scribbles for scenes I might do at some point. In LPFWA 2 I had some people (Rara, Schir, BFC/Audrey, sometimes Lotus/Dragonatrix and rarely others too help me out here, but by the end of season 2 I went solo. Setting up a time for working like this became very exhausting. For Season 3 I only ever got help with booking and that soon died down).

The fourth day has me actually make the scenes in Renpy as well as recording additional footage I need (such as entrances) this is also where I make the character cut-outs I haven't made already and where I make backgrounds. I've mentioned this in the past, but even though this is technically more work, the restrictions that are being lifted due to using Renpy over WWE '13 or 2k14s built-in story creator make all the drawbacks (mainly Renpy being 2D and mostly static) worth it. I don't even know how I got the idea to do this because I'm not particularly interested in visual novels. But it brings wrestling closer to its anime roots. If you wanna know what my scripts look like here's the scene where Kylo Ren starts turning on Palpy. It's a good example because it's one in which a lot happens..

code:
label scene4:
    scene bgblack
    with fade1

scene bgring01
    show palpy fneutral at Position (xpos=0.50, xanchor=0.5, ypos=1.0, yanchor=0.80)
    show kylo fneutral at Position (xpos=0.80, xanchor=0.5, ypos=1.0, yanchor=0.80)
    show face fcross at Position (xpos=0.90, xanchor=0.5, ypos=1.0, yanchor=0.80)
    with wipeleft

#Scene: Palpy celebrates

palpy "Okay people, you've seen it once more. I'm the greatest. If there's anyone who thinks they stand a chance against me they may now step forward or remain in the shadows forever!"

#pause

palpy "No one? How dissa-"

#kylo moves foward a bit
    show palpy neutral:
        linear 0.3 xpos 0.35 ypos 1.0

show kylo fneutral:
        linear 0.6 xpos 0.60 ypos 1.0

kylo "Master!"
    palpy "Oh, please, buddy, grown ups are talking here."
    kylo "I think I would stand a chance against you."

show palpy neutral:
        linear 0.40 xpos 0.40 ypos 1.0

show kylo fneutral:
        linear 1.0 xpos 0.70 ypos 1.0

palpy "You loving what now puppy?"
    palpy "Remember how that tree mangled you? That tree you fought because you thought you could avenge my death?"
    palpy "Remember how you were somehow convinced that I was dead just because I exploded? COME THE gently caress ON IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!"
    palpy "Remember how I beat the tree that beat you for this here title?"
    palpy "Remember how you told me you think you got a chance against ME! The great galactic emperor? The one and only Sheev loving Palpatine!"
    palpy "You for loving real, son?"
    kylo "Uh..."
    palpy "If you wanna go one on one with the great one you better say it twice because if I only hear it once I'll take it as the funniest misheard lyrics ever."
    kylo "Yeah! I could totally beat you gramps! I mean Master!"
    palpy "Face, friend, can you loving believe that? He thinks he can beat  ME? And he's calling me old?"
    face "Well, he did just say it twice so I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying."

show palpy neutral:
        linear 0.40 xpos 0.45 ypos 1.0

palpy "All right, you wanna go? You wanna see how it feels to get hit by the Darkside McTwist, the Imperial Powerbomb and the Galactic Elbow?"

show kylo fneutral:
        linear 0.40 xpos 0.60 ypos 1.0

kylo "Yeah, well? You wanna know what it feels like to be hit with the Starkiller? And my other moves? Because you will if you accept my challenge."

show palpy shrug:
        linear 0.30 xpos 0.35 ypos 1.0

palpy "Pfffft. Sure. Let's do it. I wanted to take it easy for the next big show anyway. But you're going in timeout as soon as we're back in the locker room for having the gall to challenge me."

show palpy neutral

kylo "..."
    kylo "Whatever."
    face "But... boss"
    palpy "Don't worry, not Galen timeout, this is not as unforgivable as that Hot Pocket incident..."
    palpy "Anyway, folks. That's a wrap! Let's all go home."

scene bgblack
    with fade1

Now, on day 5 I so bring it all together. This sometimes extends on to day 6. I have a template project file with some stuff I need for making the show. The crowd shots I show between matches, the sweeping shots before the show starts and all that stuff as well as some graphics and miscellaneous stuff. I first put all the video in and cut it all together. Next I add the entrance music, then the match music, then the pre-match graphics and then finally the trading cards for the entrances. I do it in this order because that it's sorted descending by the imprtance for the show. If I somehow have less time or energy I just leave out that one step. For the last few episodes I left out the trading cards, for instance. As those aren't really needed and wont be missed as much as, say, the music during matches. Speaking of the music, I actually have some themes specific to characters. Aside from their entrance theme. Hell-Ena often has Demon of the Fall by Opeth play during her matches (usually when she's having a vicious comeback or assaults someone backstage). Valerie Easton often has some Castlevania remix tracks for her matches while Lotus has a song of which the title eludes me but it's a Tales of... Destiny... I think.... remix. Mainly because this happened to be the song that played when he got rid of the Buscus.

So, day 6, while the editing phase sometimes extends into this, is when the show happens. Aside from some preparations for the stream I basically just hit play and we go have the show.

And on the seventh day I rest!

Now, all this is a lot of work and it's quite time consuming, but the way I split it up still gives me time for my other hobbies, social stuff and of course my day job. It can get quite exhausting and when it gets too much I just don't do a show. So far I didn't have to skip a week for that reason yet. It was basically Christmas when I visited my family as well as last week when I went to see a movie with friends.

Well, that was a lot again. But I know there's one or two people out there who like this kinda stuff. I like LPers to give these behind-the-scenes looks ocassionally myself, after all.

[/quote]

Vanderlyle, post:160, topic:2484 posted:

So now that you’ve made characters in Fire Pro Wrestling World, how do you feel the character creators compare? From what I’ve seen, Fire Pro seems to have more details when it comes to the appearance, but what about other things, such as moves and taunts and all that?
I’ve made all characters I made myself before I even started this LPFWA season. about when the game first launched in Early Access. I made some other characters from the previous LPFWA too (Punchy, Fred Hope, Jumpy based on her Anime form from Season 1). What I remember from then is that the character creator is kind of hard to work with. To make someone wear a slong sleeve shirt, for instance, you have to first find a fitting “shirt” part for the torso, then for the upper and lower arms. It’s limited in weird ways which require you to rely on the imagination of whoevers looking at the character. The text on Fruity’s belly, for instance is a diamond. As far as the movelist goes I have no real complaints except that you can’t just (at the time of release) copy a moveset from someone else and use that as a base to alter. FPWW also allows to tweak stuff like AI behaviour which is interesting, provided you can figure it out.

Vanderlyle, post:160, topic:2484 posted:

“Los borrachos, eh? Pues les dire que tomar es un pasatiempo nacional en Venezuela, so you won’t be surprising me with your drunken tricks, this belt stays with the Hugrule Warriors!”

(Also, that’s a lot of cool behind the scene stuff, always interesting to see what goes into making a bunch of people punch each other.)

quote:

#1 Buscus Brawl
Woolsey rids himself of the Buscus!

#3 Thr33-Way
Kylo Ren pins Goat-Man while the others do whatever.

Scene: Rara is still stuck in the crate. Still trading the Pokeymanz Title back and forth with the crate

Fruity wins... again

#3 Singles Match
DCB! DCB! DCB!

Palpy did it! He defeated the Three-Way (tm)

Scene: Jeff Lyfe interviews IGgy and Dash on their newfound friendship. IGgy googled some spanish.

Fruity wins by hug!

Nadira vs. Yelizaveta RN
What a match! Previously Nadira was squashed by Yelizaveta but this time she powered through and took the win.

Scene: Nuffkins asks who's next. Then Goldberg comes out who's next. They argue over who's next and decide to settle it in a match for the title.

Kung Fu Mari vs. John Lennon vs. Steve McMichael vs. Mankind vs. Arthur (Gouls'n'Ghosts) vs. Sigma (Mega Man X) vs. Kylo Ren (Star Wars) vs. Makoto Niijima (Persona 5)
Arthur gets eliminated first by the Doctor Bomb, then Kylo Ren falls victim to same lame roll-up. Steve McMichael is obliterated by Lightning Speed after this and John Lennon can't kick out after the Half Nelson Bomb. Makoto gets viciously murdered by Mankind and her lifeless body remains in the ring until the end of the match. Next Mankind makes Sigma Tap to the Mandible Claw only to tap to Kung Fu Mari's chin lock. Kung Fu Mari takes the win!

Hugrule Warriors still rule and hug, and thus they win

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 27, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Who knew after all this time, the answer to Scott Steiner's math problem was 66. As in oRa 66! Woo!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This Saturday we'll have us a Beach Party!
And since the Three-Way was finally defeated we get to pick a new opponent, as well as who gets to try their hand at them.

I also made this for possible future use:

In any case, here's the match card:

#1 8-Way Chaos
Schir vs. anilEhilated vs. Macro Man Keynes vs. Bone Pimp vs. Lotus Aura vs. a tree vs. IGgy vs. Stone Cold Boss Man Nakamura

#2 Kawaii Championship
Nadira vs. Tolvie (c)

#3 Singles Match
Yelizaveta RN vs. DivineCoffeeBinge

#4 LP Superstar Championship
Lore Convoluter vs. Toad (c)

#5 Bunny Championship
Palpatine vs. Fruitsniffer (c)

#6 Co-Commentary Title - Hell in a Cell
First oRa vs. Hugrule Warriors

#7 "Grudge" Match - 15-Minute Iron Man Table Match
Angus McMutton vs. Tommy Wiseau

https://goo.gl/forms/j2jSuDK22yhl8SVH3

#8 LPFWA Championship
Goldberg vs. Nuffkins (c)

Main Event: LPFWA Women's Championship
Valerie Easton vs. Hell-Ena (c)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I saw the Mega Man bros, and had to pick them. Then to face them I voted for anyone with 'Man' in the name. So Goat Man, Masked Man, and Macro Man. Let's do this!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I saw the Mega Man bros, and had to pick them. Then to face them I voted for anyone with 'Man' in the name. So Goat Man, Masked Man, and Macro Man. Let's do this!

If you're interested in their story here's a really good video https://vimeo.com/267037758

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Match 1: Eight-Way Chaos
Match 2: Nadira vs. Tolvie (c) for the Kawaii Title
Match 3: Yelizaveta RN vs. DivineCoffeeBinge
Match 4: Lore Convoluter vs. Toad (c) for the LP Superstar Title
Match 5: Palpatine vs. Fruitsniffer (c) for the Bunny Title :3
Match 6: First oRa vs. Hugrule Warriors (c) for the Co-Comm Title
Match 7: Angus McMutton vs. Tommy Wiseau
Intermission: Lotus Aura vs. Shane McMahon
Match 8: Goldberg vs. Nuffkins (c) for the LPFWA Title
Main Event: Valerie Easton vs. Hell-Ena (c) for the LPFWA Women's Title

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

LPFWA 2k18 Episode #28 - Beach Party
Lousy PlayStation Ffffffffffffailure, Wrestling Aborted (nine-gear crow)

divinecoffeebinge: Lacking Pants, Fracturing Wood. Angus!
ZephyrWhisper: Local Performer Fighting With Asslesschaps
divinecoffeebinge: Languidly Punishing Freaky Wiseau's rear end
divinecoffeebinge: Lady Performer Foreplay is Weirdly Arousing

IGgy IGsen posted:

This Saturday we'll have us a Beach Party!
And since the Three-Way was finally defeated we get to pick a new opponent, as well as who gets to try their hand at them.

I also made this for possible future use:

In any case, here's the match card:

#1 8-Way Chaos
Schir vs. anilEhilated vs. Macro Man Keynes vs. Bone Pimp vs. Lotus Aura vs. a tree vs. IGgy vs. Stone Cold Boss Man Nakamura

#2 Kawaii Championship
Nadira vs. Tolvie (c)

#3 Singles Match

#5 Bunny Championship

https://goo.gl/forms/j2jSuDK22yhl8SVH3

#8 LPFWA Championship

yerpalhal, post:164, topic:2484 posted:

Nae jokes, nar larks, just fifteen minutes o shoving some nice wood doon yuir throat Tommy my mukkar. When i’m done wie ye I am coming fir ye next Iggy and hiding behind yerpalhal and that either handsome fella ye dae the comms wie will nae save ye. As for prat Rendar…i’m gonna dae a reverse lore and decanonise ye frae the lpfwa archives.

noo excuse me i mist psyche myself up…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwaV_YZMIqY

Results posted:

#1 8-Way Chaos
Game crashed!!! Woooo!

#2 Kawaii Championship
Nadira vs. Tolvie (c)
Nadira takes the title!]

#3 Singles Match
DCB cannot pin No. 3. Yelizaveta obliterates her. More or less

Toad beat up on Lore for five minutes, then he fought back. It took 4 F-U-2s and 3 Leg Drops before Lore stayed down for good.

#5 Bunny Championship
Fruity 3:16 says "I just hugged yo rear end!"

The dynamic duo of Kylo and FAce take the titles once more, but under a new banner. The First oRa reigns supreme

It ended 4:3 in favor of Tommy whose angelic form was too much for the second best Goat-Man of the promotion to handle

Lotus Aura vs. Shane McMahon
Lotus basically had it but then he stopped doing stuff and pretty much let Shane win.

#8 LPFWA Championship
The only reason I'm putting the fact that Nuffkins wins in spoiler tags is so it's not as suspicious when I use spoiler tags in case he loses. Nuffkins wins

Every time these two meet Val wins. But every time it's hard fought. And this time too, Val wins.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Who is the co-commentator for the Beach Party so I can give proper credit to the dry humor working with Iggy?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Erainor posted:

Who is the co-commentator for the Beach Party so I can give proper credit to the dry humor working with Iggy?

That would be Deathmaster780 :eng101:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Erainor posted:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

By this point you all know the deal:

Next show will be Saturday, 23:00 GMT+2 Click link to have that converted into your local timezone.
And of course, let's vote on who gets to face Shane O Mac

Here's the match card:

#1 Buscus Brawl
The Masked Man (c) vs. Link

#2 Singles Match
Lady of the Lancet vs. Kara the Punch Wizard

#3 Singles Match
Lore Convoluter vs. Schir

Macro Man Keynes vs. Fruitsniffer (c)

https://goo.gl/forms/reN9dwMS6m5nvZA33 vs. Shane McMahon

#5 Hardcore Match
Tolvie vs. Hell-Ena

#6 Co-Comm Championship
Third Street Sinners vs. First oRa (c)

We'll celebrate pride month by changing up the arena for the regular shows until the PPV

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Match 1: The Masked Man (c) vs. Link for the Buscus
Match 2: Lady of the Lancet vs. Kara the Punch Wizard
Match 3: Lore Convoluter vs. Schir
Match 4: Macro Man Keynes vs. Fruitsniffer (c) for the Bunny Title :3
Intermission: Thundercat Chris Pine vs. Shane McMahon