Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
How much longer until it's ready?

Not sure.

Alright, just make sure I can use it befo...hey, who let that camera in here!? GET OU--

---SEVERAL HOURS LATER---

So, it looks like I'm going to be getting a title soon. So what if it's the title for losing a whole bunch?

I have plans for fixing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Please everyone... break this tie... I can't have a tie again!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Whoops, guess I broke that tie without even noticing.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

So DCB! We meet again! The only reason I'll leave you in a conscious state is because I'll really need a coffee afterwards!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right, friends. We're going live in 15 minutes! https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Scene: Scott Steiner convinces Lotus he can win with math

#1 Buscus Brawl
Lotus (c) vs. The Masked Man
Scott Steiner's math is flawless, Lotus finally wins

#2 Singles Match (Extreme Rules)
Garbo Barba vs. Nadira
After a hard fought battles and several attempts at taking out the trash Nadira proves that she is not trash and wins!

Scene: IGgy comes out and still hates Dash, announces he'll wanna beat him up himself at the PPV: The End of the World!

#3 Bunny Championship :3
Thundercat Chris Pine vs. Palpatine
Palpy defends the belt that really doesn't suit him. But hey. He still has it

Scene: Hell-Ena antagonizes DCB and DCB doesn't wanna fight but Hell-Ena doesn't care

#X Backstage Brawl
Hell-Ena vs. DCB

Hell-Ena wins

#4 Singles Match
DCB vs. Lady of the Lancet
Match cancelled due to DCB getting beaten up by Hell-Ena.

#5 Singles Match
The Majestic Goat-Man vs. Schir

#6 Co-Comm Title Match
Flamander and Fred Hope vs. oRa 66
It's a drat Draw, Flamander goes whole hog and just cleans house but he also exhausts himself so much he can't enter the ring again while all members of the oRa 66 are outside the ring

Scene: Jeff Lyfe interviews Fruity on being No. 1 Contender, then Nuffkins shows up and announces that he wants to earn the rights to wear a purple head rag. Fruity is pretty much okay with this

#0 LPFWA vs. The Universe
IGgy IGsen vs. Ric Flair
Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Next show will be The End of the World! And will likely take place on 30th December.

There will be IGgy vs. Dash, a rematch of Fredmander vs. oRa 66 in some way that disallows a Draw and Fruity vs. Nuffkins.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 17, 2017

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Episode #7 - Lotus! Palpatine! Flamander! Wrestlers All! - (Twitch VOD)
(If YT link doesn't work it just means it's still processing)

IGgy IGsen posted:

This is the match card for the go-home show come saturday.

#1 Buscus Brawl

Garbo Barba vs. Nadira

#4 Singles Match

#5 Singles Match

#6 Co-Comm Title Match

One of us you get to vote on vs. Ric Flair

We're now reaching the part of LPFWA were some matches need to happen but others need to happen too but we can't have them all on one show, oh no!

The PPV this show isbuilding up to will either be on the 30th or next year and is called The End of the World. Don't worry. No one is going to die. Probably.

Also: I'm sorry but Palpy can't explode off-screen.

Before the show....

anilEhilated posted:

It's not like I expected the thing to actually work. My genius is so vast it occasionally gets lost in itself.

Pyroi posted:

How much longer until it's ready?

Not sure.

Alright, just make sure I can use it befo...hey, who let that camera in here!? GET OU--

---SEVERAL HOURS LATER---

So, it looks like I'm going to be getting a title soon. So what if it's the title for losing a whole bunch?

I have plans for fixing that.

Jaguars! posted:

So DCB! We meet again! The only reason I'll leave you in a conscious state is because I'll really need a coffee afterwards!

IGgy IGsen posted:

Scene: Scott Steiner convinces Lotus he can win with math

#1 Buscus Brawl
Scott Steiner's math is flawless, Lotus finally wins

Garbo Barba vs. Nadira
After a hard fought battles and several attempts at taking out the trash Nadira proves that she is not trash and wins!

Scene: IGgy comes out and still hates Dash, announces he'll wanna beat him up himself at the PPV: The End of the World!

Palpy defends the belt that really doesn't suit him. But hey. He still has it

Scene: Hell-Ena antagonizes DCB and DCB doesn't wanna fight but Hell-Ena doesn't care

#X Backstage Brawl
Hell-Ena vs. DCB

Hell-Ena wins

#4 Singles Match
Match cancelled due to DCB getting beaten up by Hell-Ena.

#5 Singles Match
Schir somehow lied about being a jobber and wins

#6 Co-Comm Title Match
It's a drat Draw, Flamander goes whole hog and just cleans house but he also exhausts himself so much he can't enter the ring again while all members of the oRa 66 are outside the ring

Scene: Jeff Lyfe interviews Fruity on being No. 1 Contender, then Nuffkins shows up and announces that he wants to earn the rights to wear a purple head rag. Fruity is pretty much okay with this

IGgy IGsen vs. Ric Flair
Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Next show will be The End of the World! And will likely take place on 30th December.

There will be IGgy vs. Dash, a rematch of Fredmander vs. oRa 66 in some way that disallows a Draw and Fruity vs. Nuffkins.

After the show...

Rather Watch Them posted:

Hello? Did I hear my name? Sorry, I was just polishing my belt and practicing my signatures, and--

Val discovers DCB on the ground.

Oh. Oh poo poo. I think I might need to... attune my spells. Yeah. Uh...

Val takes out a glass vial of a copper-colored liquid and slips it in DCB's hand.

Here's some Fireball... Potion, a potion of fireballs. Totally brewed it myself. Now, you go ahead and rest while I see if I can get Lady to come around about the whole coven thing. Let's turn that pentagram upside-down, eh?

Kadorhal posted:

Well, I'm not sure I liked this outcome. A draw? We beat a tree and a ghost soundly, we should have done at least as well against actual living people!

Face, my man, you're not looking at this the right way. I mean, sure, it's not a victory, but it's not a loss either! You've still got the belt well, one of the two and you've got an actual idea of what you're up against! The advantage is yours!

Wouldn't the latter be just as much an advantage for them, boss? I mean, we already won the title and successfully defended it, that's two whole matches of ours they probably already saw-

Face, Face, don't worry about that! Besides, you've had the title for weeks now, and defended it at least once, that means you've got greater odds of continuing to successfully defend it! That's how moon-math works! Didn't you hear any of my ramblings at the commentator's table?

I was kind of busy getting the poo poo kicked out of me, sir.

Well, don't worry about that either. The point is, the math's in your favor, and it doesn't lie. Besides, Ren pulled off his finisher, like, twice in a minute. Guy's got stamina when he's properly motivated. Probably thought about his dad again and got angry, I dunno. Whatever works for him. You guys have this in the bag!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

*finally stirring from unconsciousness* Oh man... I figured it out... the source of Hell-Ena's evil power...

The green mist - it's what powers her the way coffee powers me! And it's... it's...

...it's avocado smoothie! *Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNN*

Pyroi posted:

Footage taken from a camera hidden in the Masked Man's dressing room.

Alright, so now I finally have a title.

Now my plan can finally go into action.

A massive device descends from the ceiling. A screen pops out of it, as the Masked Man de-masks himself.

You've reached Nightmare Enterprises, how can I help you, King Dedede?

I need a monster to clobber that there Iggy!

DUN DUN DUN DUN

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Dec 31, 2017

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Hello? Did I hear my name? Sorry, I was just polishing my belt and practicing my signatures, and--

Val discovers DCB on the ground.

Oh. Oh poo poo. I think I might need to... attune my spells. Yeah. Uh...

Val takes out a glass vial of a copper-colored liquid and slips it in DCB's hand.

Here's some Fireball... Potion, a potion of fireballs. Totally brewed it myself. Now, you go ahead and rest while I see if I can get Lady to come around about the whole coven thing. Let's turn that pentagram upside-down, eh?

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.
Well, I'm not sure I liked this outcome. A draw? We beat a tree and a ghost soundly, we should have done at least as well against actual living people!

Face, my man, you're not looking at this the right way. I mean, sure, it's not a victory, but it's not a loss either! You've still got the belt well, one of the two and you've got an actual idea of what you're up against! The advantage is yours!

Wouldn't the latter be just as much an advantage for them, boss? I mean, we already won the title and successfully defended it, that's two whole matches of ours they probably already saw-

Face, Face, don't worry about that! Besides, you've had the title for weeks now, and defended it at least once, that means you've got greater odds of continuing to successfully defend it! That's how moon-math works! Didn't you hear any of my ramblings at the commentator's table?

I was kind of busy getting the poo poo kicked out of me, sir.

Well, don't worry about that either. The point is, the math's in your favor, and it doesn't lie. Besides, Ren pulled off his finisher, like, twice in a minute. Guy's got stamina when he's properly motivated. Probably thought about his dad again and got angry, I dunno. Whatever works for him. You guys have this in the bag!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
*finally stirring from unconsciousness* Oh man... I figured it out... the source of Hell-Ena's evil power...

The green mist - it's what powers her the way coffee powers me! And it's... it's...

...it's avocado smoothie! *Dun Dun DUNNNNNNNNN*

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So...that just happened. Probably the third most embarrassing moment of my life. The second was that jackass FN-2187 reading my Freezerburn fanfic out loud for the entire Legion AND the Knights of Ren to hear. They mocked me for so long. They had to replace so many troopers. The first was getting my rear end kicked by that stupid girl that time Skywalker gave me that lecture about how Adam Taurus ISN'T a good role model and how maybe I have a problem and- AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH *whips out lightsaber and is about to start destroying things when a stormtrooper walks in*

Lord Ren, is this a good time?

*turns off lightsaber* FN-2199. What do you have to report?

I wished to inform you, we didn't find any other triangle-shaped relics, but...

*impatiently* Buuuuuuut?

We found...something else. Something that seems incredibly powerful, according to your Knights.

I see. What is it?

It's some form of magical relic that grants the user a mighty power, or so the locals claim.

*intrigued*Go on.

They call it the Ark,which apparently allow the user to summon a powerful warrior or avatar or... I have no loving clue. It does a thing.

I see. Did you have difficulty retrieving it?

Not really, Lord Ren. The local ruler, a self-proclaimed "Empress for Life" named Cessna or some poo poo just gave it to us,saying "It's been sitting in the castle basement gathering loving dust. I don't need it anymore since all threats to my...benevolent rule have been dealt with." Problem is, she said it's a package deal.

Oh boy. What is the catch?

A being Cessna referred to as "the guy who makes the village idiot look like a genius",Lord Ren. Trust me, he is every bit as stupid as described.

Keep him on the Resurgent. I dunno, lock him up in one of the escape pods. For...emergencies. And have the relic brought down for Lord Sidious to inspect at once!

I shall perform the task as ordered, Lord
Ren. *Leaves*

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Footage taken from a camera hidden in the Masked Man's dressing room.

Alright, so now I finally have a title.

Now my plan can finally go into action.

A massive device descends from the ceiling. A screen pops out of it, as the Masked Man de-masks himself.

You've reached Nightmare Enterprises, how can I help you, King Dedede?

I need a monster to clobber that there Iggy!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Next show will be on the 30th at the usual time.
It will be a PPV called THE END OF THE WORLD (tm)

You can get in predictions and vote who gets to go against Ric Flair

#1 Hardcore Match
Link vs. Lore Convoluter

#2 Table Elimination
DCB vs. Lady of the Lancet vs. Samus Aran

Schir vs. Palpatine

#4 LP Superstar Title Match
Toad vs. A tree

#5 Co-Comm Title Match, No Count-Out.
Frederick Hope and Flamander vs. oRa 66

#6 Last Man Standing
Dash Rendar vs. IGgy IGsen

#7 Kawaii Title Match Hell-Ena in a Cell-Ena
Hell-Ena vs. Valerie Easton

#8 LPFWA Title Match
Fruitsniffer vs. nuffkinsVEVO

Victim of the Vote vs. Ric Flair

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

"Hell-Ena... I'm going to be honest, you seem really upset. Is it because you don't have this belt? Because you do have your own belt, and have defended it many times already. Why don't we talk about it? I think what you need now is some free expression."
And I'm going to cast Charm Person on her.
(sigh) Roll for it.

We see Valerie and what appears to be actor-turned-wrestler-turned-staff Rather Watch Them playing Dungeon's & Dragons. Val takes an impractical-looking die and casts it over the map laid out on the bench.

Plus eight... 21!
Hell-Ena's eyes soften. "Raaaaugh. Valerie, I didn't think you understood. Does coffee sound good?" But, y'know, backwards.
"It would be my pleasure." Wow, that turned out better than I thought. Now I just need to lure her to the trap and she'll be defeated for good.
Just make sure she hits the mark. I can't make the X any bigger or the audience will see it.
I don't need an X. It's magic.
And you're still going to fight her, right? This is a pay-per-view... You have to fight her.
I know! Just...

She motions for the camera crew to back away. They continue filming from outside the locker room.

I think she's actually a demon. Did you see what she did to DCB?
I only watch the parts that I'm involved with, so no.
We might need to rally the rest of the Women's Division against her. She's an actual monster. She could really hurt somebody if we don't get her to calm down a little. You know, I haven't seen her break character since the show started.
God, I hate method acting...
I'm going to go do some training... Actual training, not the witch stuff.

Val shudders and exits, and Rather briefly flashes his million-dollar smile to the camera before the door slams shut.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 23, 2017

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Here's some new arrivals, one of which will debut at the next show.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Is Tommy Wiseau actually Polish? I thought they only managed to trace the man to "somewhere in Eastern Europe"...

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

anilEhilated posted:

Is Tommy Wiseau actually Polish? I thought they only managed to trace the man to "somewhere in Eastern Europe"...

I thought he said he was from Rio.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I thought he said he was from Rio.

Not as far as I remember. Guy always gets angry whenever anyone tries to discuss where he came from or what he did before coming to America.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Can't believe I just got out of the hospital... I'm starting to thing that guy wasn't actually a doctor"

*HWHAP*

"Ow! How did a flyer hit me in the face?! There shouldn't be a breeze on the moon! What the hell is this..."

"Wait... didn't I get my rear end kicked alongside that one guy...? I think I should see an actual doctor, hell I even remember a TREE kicking my rear end. I think I have brain problems."
"But more importantly, an entire SOCIETY of masked men, probably fighting for Justice?! I've got some URGENT phone calls to make!"

"Wait where did my phone go? I swear to god if that tree stole my phone, it's lucky it broke my chainsaw into eight pieces."

"...Actually if that tree stole my phone, maybe I should just get a new one. My spine still feels pretty liquified..."

Strange Forest
Mar 4, 2015
There is a tree standing in the middle of a field. There is a cat stuck in it with a note in its mouth. The note reads:

So I'm fighting some sort of mushroom? Very well, I shall easily destroy it like my previous opponents, since my power level grows at this time of year. Also, someone really needs to get this cat.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I will close the poll for who gets to fight Ric Flair on Friday, until then you can continue to vote here

You can also still try and get in predictions. Right now these are mostly used to have some odds.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right, friends. We're going live in 15 minutes! https://www.twitch.tv/iggy_igsen

Match Card:
#1 Link vs. Lore Convoluter
#2 DCB vs. Lady of the Lancet vs. Samus Aran (Table Elimination)
#3 Schir vs. Palpatine (c) for the Bunny Championship :3
#4 Toad vs. a tree (c) for the LP Superstar Title
#5 Freddie Hope & Flamander vs. oRa 66 for the Co-Comm Titles
#6 Dash Rendar vs. IGgy IGsen in a Last Man Standing Match
#7 Hell-Ena vs. Valerie Easton (c) for the Kawaii Title
#8 Fruitsniffer vs. nuffkinsVEVO (c) for the LPFWA Title
#0 Tommy Wiseau vs. Ric Flair

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Dash fell asleep.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Well... drat. I guess nothing lasts forever, but still... I was getting used to always having the belt. All three of us had one in some form. Oh well, we'll always get another shot later. Right, boss?

... Boss? Where'd you go?

Meanwhile, in an unknown location...

I knew there was something odd about that version of Ric Flair as he appeared in 1991 showing up in the 2020s... and this one photograph will definitely prove it.

Ric Flair from '91 is of the Cabal! This changes everything!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Gonna get that first win sometime! You just wait and see!

Also, great job, Val!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I lack the power to post proper results right now but here's some stuff that happened

-The ring broke in the first match.
-Palpy exploded but is probably fine, he's exploded before, chill out Kylo, okay?
-Jumpy decided Toad vs. Tree was now for the rights to the letter T and oad is da bes???? Still not sure if this is canon.
-Jumpy decided that IGgy is now a Dash Rendar super fan despite the exact opposite being true.
-Val <3 Hell-Ena
-Nuffkins does not understand hugs.
-Ric Flair beats Tommy Wiseau by grabbing his dick.
-Big Boss Man is the best wrestler of all time.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Thanks, DCB... That was quite a match, wasn't it? I need to figure out how to wear two belts now, huh? I'll just be in the locker room...

Valerie closes the door and leans against it, biting her lower lip.

I guess the charm spell worked after all. Couldn't really find the mark for that trap, but it all fell into place after that first kiss... of Death, of course. I hope she doesn't get even more angry, once she finds out she was tricked...

Val glances at the vandalized poster of herself, hanging on the far wall.

Or was she?

Val reaches into her locker, retrieves her phone and plays a cheerful tune while she lounges on the bench.

Did I leave my candles on?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'm not going to painstakingly remove the letter "T" from stuff I write. :colbert:

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Excellent. The wheels have been set in motion, The Plan is now underway!
Surely, that cryptic remark would provoke interest from someone else, but as I am talking aside, I don't need to explain anything just yet. Because it's just me. With no audience.
But if I am to proceed with Phase Two, I am going to need some better bookings. That guy would have been twice my weight if he wasn't made of Hyrulian limestone.
The fans and audience already love me, I can tell, because of my impeccable technique and thrilling stage presence. But I need to find someone with connections. Someone with pull backstage.
I may be the Planet Zeist Heavyweight Champion forever, but this does not mean much here. Yet.
Oh, what's this? A leaflet?

Doesn't look like time was too kind to it. But the man does reference the notorious Gucci Gang of Planet Morioh Wrestling Federation. And I did always feel like there is no difference between gin and saч, the staple alcohol of Planet Rendaria.
Speaking of. I wonder if he is one of the Rendars. Maybe a distant relative.
Yes, this looks like a man with backstage connections and pull with management. I should give him a call. This is a bad idea, but for reasons I would only know outside of kayfabe, and since wrestling is real, there is no such thing as "outside of kayfabe."

Lore dials a number on his Power Glove and makes a hand phone.

Hello? Yes? May I speak to Mr Rendar?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Episode #8 - THE END OF THE WORLD - Losers Prepare Fireworks; Winners Asplode - (Twitch VOD)
As of the time of this posting the YT version is still uploading, but the twitch version is live. If you want slightly better quality and timestamps in the description you gotta wait for a bit.

We had quite a few Title Acronyms this time, I probably missed some but here's the ones I could still find.
Losers Prepare Fireworks; Winners Asplode (Rather Watch Them)
Lesbians Power Flirting With Attacks (DCB)
Lady Prevents Finishers. What an rear end in a top hat! (Rather Watch Them)
Last Performance For Wretched Annum (nine-gear crow)
Leathery Pomp Fondles Wiseau's Area (nine-gear crow)

IGgy IGsen posted:

Next show will be on the 30th at the usual time.
It will be a PPV called THE END OF THE WORLD (tm)

You can get in predictions and vote who gets to go against Ric Flair

#1 Hardcore Match
Link vs. Lore Convoluter

#2 Table Elimination

Schir vs. Palpatine

Toad vs. A tree

#6 Last Man Standing

#8 LPFWA Title Match

"Hell-Ena... I'm going to be honest, you seem really upset. Is it because you don't have this belt? Because you do have your own belt, and have defended it many times already. Why don't we talk about it? I think what you need now is some free expression."
And I'm going to cast Charm Person on her.
(sigh) Roll for it.

We see Valerie and what appears to be actor-turned-wrestler-turned-staff Rather Watch Them playing Dungeon's & Dragons. Val takes an impractical-looking die and casts it over the map laid out on the bench.

Plus eight... 21!
Hell-Ena's eyes soften. "Raaaaugh. Valerie, I didn't think you understood. Does coffee sound good?" But, y'know, backwards.
"It would be my pleasure." Wow, that turned out better than I thought. Now I just need to lure her to the trap and she'll be defeated for good.
Just make sure she hits the mark. I can't make the X any bigger or the audience will see it.
I don't need an X. It's magic.
And you're still going to fight her, right? This is a pay-per-view... You have to fight her.
I know! Just...

She motions for the camera crew to back away. They continue filming from outside the locker room.

I think she's actually a demon. Did you see what she did to DCB?
I only watch the parts that I'm involved with, so no.
We might need to rally the rest of the Women's Division against her. She's an actual monster. She could really hurt somebody if we don't get her to calm down a little. You know, I haven't seen her break character since the show started.
God, I hate method acting...
I'm going to go do some training... Actual training, not the witch stuff.

Val shudders and exits, and Rather briefly flashes his million-dollar smile to the camera before the door slams shut.

Danaru posted:

"Can't believe I just got out of the hospital... I'm starting to thing that guy wasn't actually a doctor"

*HWHAP*

"Ow! How did a flyer hit me in the face?! There shouldn't be a breeze on the moon! What the hell is this..."

"Wait... didn't I get my rear end kicked alongside that one guy...? I think I should see an actual doctor, hell I even remember a TREE kicking my rear end. I think I have brain problems."
"But more importantly, an entire SOCIETY of masked men, probably fighting for Justice?! I've got some URGENT phone calls to make!"

"Wait where did my phone go? I swear to god if that tree stole my phone, it's lucky it broke my chainsaw into eight pieces."

"...Actually if that tree stole my phone, maybe I should just get a new one. My spine still feels pretty liquified..."

Strange Forest posted:

There is a tree standing in the middle of a field. There is a cat stuck in it with a note in its mouth. The note reads:

So I'm fighting some sort of mushroom? Very well, I shall easily destroy it like my previous opponents, since my power level grows at this time of year. Also, someone really needs to get this cat.

Match Results posted:

#1 Hardcore Match
Link vs. Lore Convoluter
Link Suplexes Lore so hard the ring breaks. Let's call it a no contest, I guess.

#2 Table Elimination
Lady of the Lancet eliminates DCB first then Samus. What?

Schir vs. Palpatine
Palpy wins once more. He is now the longest reigning Bunny Champ :3

Scene: The Bunny Title :3 explodes (but remains undamaged) while Palpy is holding it. Palpy seems to be fine for a guy who just exploded. Kylo acts like he's dead, Face claims he's fine. God damnit Kylo chill out he's exploded before! I dunno.

Toad vs. A tree
The tree wins once more and the letter T was on the line????? I dunno if that's canon, I still need to decide

Scene: Jeff Lyfe interviews Fred Hope and Flamander

It took a while but Fred Hope and Flamander took the win. Also Kylo botched a spot then immediately repeated it. And then did a backflip

#6 Last Man Standing
1... 2.... 3... 4... 5... 6... (one move) 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... (one move) 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... (Finisher) 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... (IGgy wins) - Let's never do Last Man Standing matches again

Scene: Jeff Lyfe interviews Valerie Easton on her match with Hell-Ena

Hell-Ena is mad as fukk but Val wins again. Also love????????

#8 LPFWA Title Match
Nuffkins does not understand the concept of hugs and headbutts Fruity. Then Nuffkins does the Nuffkins move and wins.

Tommy Wiseau vs. Ric Flair
Tommy Wiseau fought out of two Figure 4s and escaped one via rope break. But then Ric Flair grabbed Tommy's dick and went for the pin. If you wanna beat the man you gotta beat the man and Ric Flair is still the man.

#B1 Foit me m7
IGgy as Big Boss Man vs. Jumpy as The Miz
IGgy does two DDTs and somehow gets the pin

After the show...

Kadorhal posted:

Well... drat. I guess nothing lasts forever, but still... I was getting used to always having the belt. All three of us had one in some form. Oh well, we'll always get another shot later. Right, boss?

... Boss? Where'd you go?

Meanwhile, in an unknown location...

I knew there was something odd about that version of Ric Flair as he appeared in 1991 showing up in the 2020s... and this one photograph will definitely prove it.

Ric Flair from '91 is of the Cabal! This changes everything!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Gonna get that first win sometime! You just wait and see!

Also, great job, Val!

Thanks, DCB... That was quite a match, wasn't it? I need to figure out how to wear two belts now, huh? I'll just be in the locker room...

Valerie closes the door and leans against it, biting her lower lip.

I guess the charm spell worked after all. Couldn't really find the mark for that trap, but it all fell into place after that first kiss... of Death, of course. I hope she doesn't get even more angry, once she finds out she was tricked...

Val glances at the vandalized poster of herself, hanging on the far wall.

Or was she?

Val reaches into her locker, retrieves her phone and plays a cheerful tune while she lounges on the bench.

Did I leave my candles on?

Tevery Best posted:

Excellent. The wheels have been set in motion, The Plan is now underway!
Surely, that cryptic remark would provoke interest from someone else, but as I am talking aside, I don't need to explain anything just yet. Because it's just me. With no audience.
But if I am to proceed with Phase Two, I am going to need some better bookings. That guy would have been twice my weight if he wasn't made of Hyrulian limestone.
The fans and audience already love me, I can tell, because of my impeccable technique and thrilling stage presence. But I need to find someone with connections. Someone with pull backstage.
I may be the Planet Zeist Heavyweight Champion forever, but this does not mean much here. Yet.
Oh, what's this? A leaflet?

Doesn't look like time was too kind to it. But the man does reference the notorious Gucci Gang of Planet Morioh Wrestling Federation. And I did always feel like there is no difference between gin and saч, the staple alcohol of Planet Rendaria.
Speaking of. I wonder if he is one of the Rendars. Maybe a distant relative.
Yes, this looks like a man with backstage connections and pull with management. I should give him a call. This is a bad idea, but for reasons I would only know outside of kayfabe, and since wrestling is real, there is no such thing as "outside of kayfabe."

Lore dials a number on his Power Glove and makes a hand phone.

Hello? Yes? May I speak to Mr Rendar?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Much as I would like to take credit for the latest explosion...

I didn't do it.

Unless I - in a flash of genius endemic to yours truly - hypnotized myself to forget all about it!

Hmm...

I think I did it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Here's the match card for the next show!

I hope I won't have to postpone this episode by a week due to me going to spend my entire free time tomorrow to watch Wrestle Kingdom 12 instead of working a million hours on LPFWA. But sometimes real fake wrestling is more important than video game fake wrestling.

#1 Buscus Brawl (oh no! but they are teammates!!!!)
Masked Man (c) vs. D the Destroyer

#2 Singles
Tommy Wiseau vs. Lore Convoluter

Toad vs. Palpatine (c)

#4 Singles Match
Jumpy Chan vs. Rara

#5 Tag Team
Link and Fruitsniffer vs. Woolsey Smythe and A Tree

#6 Kawaii Title Match
Tolvie vs. Valerie Easton (c)

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Okay, Tommy Wiseau! Listen up. This is a callout.
You're bad. Your style sucks. You can't fight and you sure as hell can't step to anyone with an ounce of stage presence. You're nobody on the mic, nobody in the ring, nobody in life and nobody in LPFWA.
You couldn't even beat a man whose sole claim to fame is being old and goofy.
Tomorrow, on the Moon, I'll be tearing you apart, Tommy Wiseau! Roommate Man!
And when I beat you, I will reveal to all your actual secret origin story!
You've got no way out, no chance, and no future. And after tomorrow, you won't even have a past. I will take it from you, and I will use it to end you.
Zeistgeist out.

I am actually super excited about Tommy Wiseau as a character and think he is one of the rookies to watch right now

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

*Ren is sullenly sitting his weird chair thing while Divide is blaring in the background *

Stupid, stupid, STUPID! *angrily throws mask across room*

How? After all I've done to be like Adam-no,be like Grandfather-how could I have failed so badly?! How could I slack off like that?! I'm not weak! Not like the girl,not like Skywalker...and not like Father. If my resolve is ironclad, then what happened? Performance stress? No,I've never blown it so badly before-unless you count me getting pummeled by that stupid tree-that can't be it. Someone must be trying to cloud my judgement. The Light failed to seduce me before,and it shall fail again! *stands up and marches over to his helmet,picking it up* Or perhaps... *puts on the helmet again*

...the failure isn't mine. Perhaps it is my teacher that has failed me. Perhaps... *The malfunction kicks in again, giving his voice a menacing mechanical effect* ...oRa 66 needs new management.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 6, 2018

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I'm sorry but due to having watched actual fake wrestling I will not be able to finish the video game fake wrestling show LPFWA this week without sacrificing basically all the free time I have. Instead it'll happen next week. And I just don't wanna stress myself out over something that's supposed to be fun.

I realize I don't owe anyone an apology but there's a lot of stuff that goes into making an episode. There's booking the matches and scenes, writing the scenes, creating some assets that are still needed, recording matches and scenes, editing it all together, picking music for the matches, drinking a cup of coffee while it all encodes, ponder the nightmare that is audio every time and not being happy with it every time. There's a lot of work that is one-time only as such the first episode took me about 100 hours to make (The last LP I did before this LPFWA probably didn't clock in at that much for all episodes combined), while later ones are somewhere between 7 and 15 hours of work every week.

But since there won't be a show this week let's actually give you some numbers just for fun. A lot of these numbers you can find in the spreadsheet linked in the op. I have a different more involved version of that sheet myself. The reason I'm not sharing a lot of the data on it in the version you get is because I don't want people to obsess over stuff like win/loss ratios for their characters, how many scenes they are in or why they haven't been in many matches yet. But overall it's not much of a secret and you could figure out a lot of the numbers just using the spreadsheet provided.

Matches:
So far we've had 63 matches across eight shows. This includes Backstage Brawls, which aren't usually on the card and LPFWA vs. The Universe which isn't technically canon. Out of those 46 ended by pinfall
52 of those have been Singles matches, that's 83% of all matches.
While it'd be cool to have more tag matches (we only had 7 tag team matches so far) we don't quite have the roster for that because, as silly as LPFWA can be, we can't simply pair everybody up for no reason whatsoever but I'm trying to think of excuses to do so if only for a limited time. (There's several ideas for tournaments, tag and singles that I'd like to follow through on at some point).
Another problem with tag matches is that they last much longer than a singles match, but that's besides the point.

Scenes:
We've had 26 scenes so far. That's 3.25 Scenes per episodeo on average. The most we had in one episode is 4, the fewest 2. I didn't actually record numbers for this kind of stuff for the previous LPFWAs, but due to the scenes (despite additional steps in the process) being easier to make now we have more scenes per show. Despite being restricted to a 2D plane and not really having much (or anything) in terms of animation right now there's more freedom in the creation of scenes than previosly.

WWE 2k14's story creator had a character limit of about 160 characters per text box and only a maximum of 12 text boxes per scene. We were also restricted to a few canned situations, some of which, admittedly, were pretty great. But since a lot of scenes just involved a number of people talking it was always a chore to find an animation with at least as many people as you want to include (you could remove participants) that also had the fitting demeanor. There were a lot of scenes with pointing and yelling but few with people talking normally, and then they might not talk to each other but into a camera or whatever and it made things hard. With Renpy we have a more reasonable restriction in characters per text box, we can use as many text boxes as we like, and if I want more people to take part in the conversation I just insert their sprite into the scene, if their sprite doesn't suit the tone I can just use a different one (WWE 2k18 let's you give people a variety of poses for preview in character creation, these poses are used for the in-game match-up screens normally but I use them for the story bits)

The tl;dr, of course, is: Despite it being technically more work, creating the scenes with Renpy is much smoother than using the story creator.

Wrestlers:
The total number of Wrestlers submitted is 50 (34m, 16f). I Already made 35 (24m, 11f) so far.
The number of total submissions is a bit inflated, though, because some people submitted multiple characters (The most one person submitted is 4) and I'll only start working on those once all the first-timers are finished and I'm not quite there yet. I've only rejected one character so far and that's because someone submitted 2006 SALP meme DONGS as a character and it was supposed to resemble a penis so I went "Nope."

A wrestler takes about 1-2 hours to make in-game, and for the scenes and match-up screens I also need to screencap them in a variety of poses and cut them out in an image editor which takes some extra time depending on how many poses we're talking.
This is after me already taking some shortcuts, such as using preset movesets and altering some key moves (finishers and taunts first and foremost, I then add some other normal moves I want them to have, change their skills a bit etc.)

The strongest wrestler right now (based on victories, weighing decisive ones higher, meaning everything but DQ and count-out) is Palpatine. That bastard.
He's been in 6 matches and won 5 of them. 4 of those were singles matches, of which he won 3. Although this does not consider the fact that he's usually accompanied by Kylo and Face. It also doesn't consider that a tree has a similar win percentage (80% vs Palpy's 83.33%) but won all 4 of his singles matches.

In the women's division Hell-Ena Valerie Easton, Tolvie and Samus are more or less tied with win %s between 70 and 75 %. This isn't that big of a difference due to the number of matches still being in the single digits for everyone. Although Hell-Ena has the most matches in the Women's division (and in fact the most matches period) with 7. While she did lose twice she lost twice ot the same person.

Championships:
Some might say we have too many titles but I think they are all different enough.
The LPFWA title is only defended at PPVs and as such only had two defenses so far. But apparently I picked the right guy to hold it randomly because both defenses were successful.

Most of the other titles are defended once between PPVs as well as on PPVs, meaning they have more defenses. This techincally means they are more prestigious than our Major LPFWA Title, but let's just pretend the LPFWA Championship has had a long and storied history and is not just a plastic merch version of the original LPFWA title which was stolen.

Anyway, due to the nature of the Bunny Championship :3 (it being defended at every show) it has the most defenses, surprising no one. The longest reigning champion is Palpatine with 28 Days so far. At this point the belt has always gone on as the third match of the card, but this isn't so much a deliberate decision as it's me being lazy. At this point the belt is probably worth more and should be higher up the card, by conventional booking logic.

Our longest title reign so far lasted 49 days when the oRa 66 held the Co-Commentary Titles, although they "only" defended it successfully twice in that time. Once due to a double count-out.

The shortest title reign was Tolvie, who lost the Pokeymanz title about five minutes after she won it.

There's also a title that has never been competed for, the LPFWA Women's Championship. The reason for that is that I plan on introducing it as soon as we have 16 active wrestlers in the women's division and we can have us a little tournament to crown the first ever LPFWA Women's Champion. Whether it will be treated more as a trophy or a Championship like the LPFWA Title is something I haven't decided yet.

Whew, that was a lot of stuff. But I hope one or two people cared.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i cared. behind the scenes lp stuff always interests me.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Oh cool, I didn't know we could submit more than one wrestler. I had an idea for a female wrestler but didn't want to submit another one after Toad.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Attention, superstars of LPFWA: It has come to my attention that something is very, very wrong with the talent on display lately. No, not any of you guys, I mean the one that's been defeating our randomly-voted people in the aftershow. That Ric Flair, the version who's apparently from 1991 despite that having been almost 40 years ago. Clearly, Ric Flair from 1991 is of a secret society aiming to take over the world through economics. No, not like us at Kadorhal, Inc. We just like selling things. Clearly, our F.E.A.R. squadron that's not exactly a squadron is best-suited to handling this sort of possibly-soon-to-be-supernatural threat, so I need all of you to vote Face in to fight this threat. And once he defeats this Ric Flair who's from '91, then we can... oh, hang on, visitor. Yes, what do you n-

Marana, pallex!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right, we're back on track for a show this Saturday.

The bonus match will be:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Does this mean I have to clean up that pentagram I drew on the ring? I mean, since we weren't using it last week I kinda, sorta...

Thankfully I brought a mop and bucket.

Val lifts the mop, affixed with a picture of Hell-Ena's face... peels off the picture and starts mopping the ring.