Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Alright, been waiting for this for an unhealthy amount of time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"So my first patient is The Masked Man? I see there's no mention of a problem area, which means this must be a-" *cracks knuckles* "-full-body work-over."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"We had a good session today. I believe you'll agree we had major progress! But remember, this is a process. There's no quick fixes. Talk with my secretary and he'll schedule you in for your next appointment."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mathwyn posted:

:perfect:

Well Woolsey, here you are. Not the chance at stardom you were hoping for, but beggars can't be choosers! Time to take the moon by storm!

Wait. The Moon? When and how in the blazes did civilization reach here anyway? What year is it?

*Checks calendar* Woolsey, you may have some catching up to do.

"You seem to be suffering from an acute case of Monochromaticism, I suggest you arrange an appointment with me post-haste! I'll crack some color out of those bones."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"My sincerest apologies, I have no idea how you two got double-booked for the appointment. My secretary will be getting a scolding, have no doubt about it!"

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"Woah.... Err... Great work. We made.. Progress... Come back.... No quick fixes... Gotta lie down... for second."

"... secretary... fired."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
*looking at an x-ray of 'Thundercat' Chris Pine's spine* "Hmm, okay, I'll need more time for an accurate diagnosis, however I believe I can say this man is suffering from some kind o-wait, what? It's a cat?!"

"... oh, oh, a cat-man! See, I was half right! Please, don't scare me like that!" *stares apprehensively at his LPFWAU chiropractic degree on the wall*

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
*lying on the patient's bed in Goldberg'shis clinic, a bag of ice pressed to his head* "And to think, Cats is my favorite musical... Which has nothing to do with the fact it's the only musical I've seen..."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"I don't watch the 'MCU'-" (*GASP*) "-movies, as I believe they're called. To be frank, your cat-itude is the most notable thing about you."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"Feel free to faff about with your friends, I've got work to do and people to save."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
*on the phone*

*beep*

*beep*

"Oh, hello? Did I reach IGgy's office? Oh, yes, yes, it's Dr. Ham talking. Can I talk to him? Oh, uh, it's about vacation days, I was going through our contract and- oh, alright, I'll hold."

*time passes*

*more time passes, until-*

"Yes, I'm still here! So can I- what? I get time off when he feels like it? That's uh... And there's another appointment already?? Who... Didn't I treat him recently? Though that day is kinda hazy... Alright, yes, yes, that was all. Thank you for your time."

*closes phone with a sigh*

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"It's always nice to feel appreciated, and nothing shows appreciation more than a (consensual) hug. Thank you Fruitsniffer, people like you are what makes this job worth doing."

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how I managed to get so far behind on the show, just checked where I am on the playlist and it's at episode 8 :gonk:

Anyway, gonna start catching up! If my ISP and waking hours allow it maybe I can even watch some live shows again too!

Prolly not gonna try to post in-character stuff again though, burning out on that is partly why I stopped following along.

e: oh yeah, by the way, I had an idea for a future gimmick for a hypothetical next season/thread, and was wondering how editable the entrance config is. Most importantly - can you set how long it takes for the CAW to show up on screen so hopefully it'll fit in with a custom entrance theme? I know some entrances have the CAW "take their time" showing on camera, but am wondering if it's just pre-made entrances or is the wait "modded" in

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 17, 2018

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

The short answer: Yes.

Long answer? Well, you can stitch an entrance together from multiple bits consisting of an intro (usually a couple crowd shots), wrestler on stage, wrestler on ramp and wrestler in ring. All of these have varying durations and since the first one is usually just showing the crowd or the arena it's possible to select one that syncs up with music. But that's not all, since the show is "taped" and I just edit in the music anyway It's even easier to sync up the music to an entrance.

Oh man, you put even more effort into this than I thought! Thanks for the answer!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

And since we didn't get a show last week have some numbers and facts, some of which may be fun.

Thanks, that was a very interesting read. :)

I read most of it, though hopefully you'll excuse the fact I kinda skimmed over your Renpy-cutscene example.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I saw the Mega Man bros, and had to pick them. Then to face them I voted for anyone with 'Man' in the name. So Goat Man, Masked Man, and Macro Man. Let's do this!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

We're all going to HELL!!!!!

Yeah, but where's the next show gonna take place? :cheeky:

:(

Anywho, voted for a geriatric match between Jenkins and contenders I guess might be getting on in years. And since the show's gonna be in Hell I had to vote for a Hell in a Cell match.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Face vs. Lotus match from last week was real good I'd say.

The match from last season where DCB could have won if she ever stopped punching her opponent in the face is another I can recall offhand.

The 8-man brawl that actually ended with someone winning could be good for novelty's sake.

My inability to concentrate on a single tab for long kinda keeps me from really following the storylines, so can't help there sadly. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thanks so much for this showdocumentary of things that really happened. It was a journey.