Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Junkfist posted:

Golly what a wonderful character sleazy balding beard man was I really liked how he plied booze on barely legal teens and had enough magical marty stu insight into both of their characters and their relationship to convince them to gently caress nearby I'm so glad the culmination of their budding romance was engineered at the last minute by a Weinstein casting couch perverted sex-pest entity wow

That whole thread and episode 7 felt like such weird detours. Just make him a generic horror film paranormal investigator who realizes something's up and helps tie them back into the main plot thread instead of loving around for an episode and a half!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think a big part of the reason episode 7 stands out so forcefully is that it's a massive aesthetic departure from the rest of the show. Stranger Things made itself visually distinct in the first season - and in most of the second season - by fully embracing the Spielbergian 80s in its design and setting conceit. It's small town America, populated by stereotypes (some of which get mercilessly turned on their head), with the undercurrent of something weird hiding just below the squeaky-clean suburbs. Jumping from E.T. to loving CHAPPiE for one episode is jarring, and while that may be part of the point, it was a bridge too far for me.

• Locked thread