Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

evenworse username posted:

Just finished the season this weekend and although it was much more uneven than S1 I liked it a lot. I am not at all sure what the purpose of Billy's character was unless they need him for Season 3. They did seem to be doing a bit of misdirection early with the dialogue about 'now that you're my sister' and similar suggesting that there was maybe something odd going on with that family but nope, just a stepsister and a massive shithead.

Yeah, the whole "deal" with those two was so vague and barely sketched-out early on in the season that I was coming up with all kinds of ideas for who the hell they were. At first I thought maybe they were runaways, but they were enrolled in school. And then I was convinced that Billy was some kind of 21 Jump Street undercover cop or government agent there to investigate the weird poo poo going on in town. I thought he had to be like a 20 or 30-something spy posing as a teenager and Max was just part of his cover identity.

But nope, he was just a douchey sociopath with a horrible dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean to be fair, Billy is a square-jawed bohunk who has like 80 lbs of muscle and mass on Steve. The fact that Steve even landed a few hits at all and made him bleed was impressive enough.

I doubt that Billy would be laughing very hard if Steve had used his whackin' bat.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I mean the next season might take place in October of '85 right? If that's true then everyone is just gonna be playing Super Mario Bros/Dunk Hunt by then.

I'm just waiting for the show to reach Pop Culture Singularity once the kids in the show have all seen The Goonies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

And More posted:

Then they could become part of Eleven's Dream Warriors or something.

Dammit, that's the specific 80's faux-punk archetype Kali reminded me of.

I'm bad... and beautiful!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Spoilers for Stranger Things Season 6 storyline with Steve and his bat.

He could even name the bat "Barb".

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Former Human posted:

When he isn't abusing children Brenner makes a mean tuna sandwich.

I can't even imagine why MBB would think Brenner was a good guy.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Former Human posted:

Since season 2 is 1984 and they had the Ghostbusters references, any bets on 1985 using Back to the Future?

I'm still thinking they have to mention the Goonies unless they think that'd be too on the nose. That movie was absolutely massive with kids in the 80's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

please let's get out of Indiana for the next season

No no, just turn the show into the new Eerie, Indiana and have next season be a series of Weird Thing of the Week. Just give it a weak justification, like the Upside Down is causing random and totally-distinct things to happen every week. Then the gang just deals with it and it's over until the next episode.

• Locked thread