Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maybe I don't follow these sorts of things that closely, but what the heck has the "fandom" done to make goons hate Barb so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

she was as aforementioned a fun but utilitarian character who people memeified with a combination of some real gross rear end slutshaming by pretending Nancy was the absolute worst for daring to have premarital sex and Barb was awesome for being a boring socially awkward wet blanket. Basically it was a bunch of losers identifying with a bit character because it validated their lame lives and literally memeing her actress into an Emmy nomination.

I think you might be projecting a little.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, Billy never having a watershed moment was a big waste of screen time and build up of him as a lovely person for no payoff.

I thought the demodog in the fridge was going to wake up (because they like the cold) and Billy and Steve would have to team up to beat it to death with the nailbat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I seriously don't get where the "insane Barb fanbase" thing is coming from. Literally the only times I've heard about it is from goons whining about it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Penpal posted:

Search "tumblr barb stranger things" and behold all of the fan art and memes. I think you'll find a lot of hand knit barb dolls

Oh, OK.

Is that supposed to make me angry?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Penpal posted:

.....no? My dude you just asked if the Barb meme train was real and I'm saying the internet provides. You can feel good about it if you want to see a bunch of Barb fan art, or feel bad about it if that's your jam

I remember going into work after the first season was blowing up, and after touching on all of the elements with a co-worker there would always be a point where someone would go "and Barb???" and you'd go "I know! RIP" because it was gruesome

I mean I don't understand why goons seem so upset about it. Like people saying that it ruined the show.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

zoux posted:

Lemme ask this, if episode seven hadn't come right in the middle of the cliffhanger-resolution from episodes 6-8, would that have worked better? Maybe it had been written to be episode six, with an uninterrupted 7-9?

Yeah, that would be a bit better. Completely switching focus right when poo poo was about to hit the fan really sucked.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That DICK! posted:

they really hosed up not naming the first season "Strange Things." it left very little room for them to ramp things up

Season 1 should have been Stranger Thing, Season 2 should have been Stranger Things.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

If only they had fourth wall awareness...

quote:

Matt: That’s going up on the board.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

They won't like it because they didn't grow up in the 50's.

They'll complain that it was overloaded with 50s references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

After Jonathon kicked Steve's rear end, Steve went to Jonathon's house to apologize. Just an all around great guy.

• Locked thread