Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This show is being written just for me and they don't even know it. I enjoyed every episode and the references.

Apart from Aliens which had the strongest vibe due to the Paul Reiser, there definitely were some scenes from Jurassic Park in there. Or so I thought anyway. Especially towards the final episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Kawalimus posted:

I felt like it was a race thing. It had that dog-whistleness to it("certain kinds of people"). If he didn't want her around nerds that badly I can't imagine he'd be ok with her in the arcade lol

I was rewatching the first episode of the first season yesterday and two things got my attention. The Byers had a dog in Season One, who was barely relevant for a few episodes, but he still was somewhere in the background for the most part. Did the "demo-gorgon" get to him /off screen before the finale?

Also the Wheelers had a small daughter, also barely relevant to the plot of season 1, but I don't think she ever appears or gets a mention in Season 2.

Finally, I agree with whoever said that Noah Schnapp did an amazing acting work for a child actor.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Phylodox posted:

She’s there. She likes grapes.

Huh. I completely missed that part, it seems.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Season one was kind of consistent about what could happen when someone got attacked by the Demogorgon in the real world. They did not always get killed immediately -- well, especially when they were some significant character. Both Will and Barb rather got sent to the upside down and did get a window to hide/ run.

Same thing could apply to Brennen.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
They had to invent ways to keep El away from the group. The jealousy was one of those things. I don't think it was that outrageous. But it wasn't exactly inspired writing either.

It also served as an extra memory to get El angry-focused later on (episode 7). It doesn't come up in her final super saiyan moment and that was a good thing.

Yes, in the final episode El intentionally snobs Max. She is being rude but I don't think that's too far fetched for El's character. It does not mean she will get into a cat fight with Sam next season or anything.

I don't see the jealousy thing as something that would last. After all it was a misunderstanding and this show has not been one that drags misunderstandings for too long to provide for fillers.

• Locked thread