Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Sounds like they expanded the budget for music licensing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah, it's a pretty even split thus far, we'll see if it winds up with the storylines all being kind of going in different directions from each other like in S1, or if they start playing off each other.

Putting in an early nomination for Lucas' sister as best new character.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

New Characters:
Max was a good addition and I'm glad they didn't drag out the Lucas/Dustin affection triangle for too long. I'm not terribly big on El's jealousy thing, nor for Mike of all people to give her the cold shoulder, but having a non-superpowered outsider come into the party introduced a good dynamic for character development

Bob Was (RIP) well-rounded, it was nice that they didnt keep him outside the loop and trying too hard to get it. The writing and acting, including his frequent references back to high school as though he was not really over his past was subtle but not overbearing. Wish he had gotten to move to Maine with the Byers.

Billy Uneven. The backstory of abuse cast some sympathy, but it was still a grab bag as to whether he'd act in a constructive manner towards Max or Steve. The Graduate moment with Mrs. Wheeler was funny, but he still lacked any arc as a person, which is fine in the case of people like Mike's dad, but Billy took up a lot of time without going anywhere.

Paul Reiser I liked the writing where he was first established like Brenner with better PR skills, but when the chips were down he actually gave a drat.

Reporter/Conspiracy Theorist was a plot device that brought back much of the season 1 storytelling where all the plots were working past one another, with no payoff other than to provide Barb service.

Chi-City gang I liked the season cold open with them, and honestly if that had been all we'd seen of them this season, I bet they'd have gone over a lot better than having an entire episode dedicated to them.

Lucas' sister: 2nd best new character after Dustin's finale hair.

• Locked thread