Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

episode 7 was really weak and i had a bad feeling when the show opened with the scene it did since i knew it'd go back to it.

the government lab wasn't benevolent really - just the guy in charge of that one lab was. this was a nice subversion since we all assume the guy who played carter burke in aliens wouldn't give a poo poo about some kid (and it even seems that way early on).

also i thought the demidogs were super lame and something else should've been used as the immediate threat.

overall really good though - watched it all in one go friday but episode 7 definitely slowed my momentum.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fragmented posted:

I'm going to watch episode 7 TWICE today just to spite you fuckers.

this is like those conservatives that showed up on a college campus in diapers to own the libs.

There Bias Two posted:

I'm thinking that the upside-down is a place in between our reality and one taken over by the mind flayer. The nuclear waste and toxic atmosphere is caused by a last ditch war those people engaged in against it.

this would be really cool but i doubt that's how they're doing it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol aliens is a great movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i thought it was dumb to kill off bob because it was so obvious he'd die i thought they were gonna subvert it. also because he's the best character and i'll miss him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They kind of already did subvert Bob since most people figured he was going to be a spy or at least some secretly abusive rear end in a top hat

that is true and i was glad of it.

esperterra posted:

Episode 7 was fine, it just needed to either be an episode earlier or be intercut over more than one episode imo.

Seconding the gang being way too over the top tho. That felt jarring compared to the way the rest of the show handles the 80s aesthetic, they seemed way too Hollywood to me. Maybe it was to show the difference between the big city and a small town but it still felt weird tonally.

this is a good summation of the problems with episode 7. i assumed after the intro that stuff would be interspersed and it was weird how it was all put into one episode. my other problem is i like the setting being localized and expanding it out invites trouble.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mike's mom can get it btw.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah i think all of us complaining about episode 7 got what it was getting across.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao the school dance was prob my favorite scene.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

most nerds still go to the school dance. nancy was being nice to dustin. it happens.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i thought billy was abusing max and took her to avoid the law. i didn't think their parents were even around.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

business hammocks posted:

I just realized that Nancy and Barb are named for Reagan/Bush’s wives. Can’t believe I just got that. I like this Nancy better.

i always took nancy's name to be a nightmare on elm street ref.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

waxluthor posted:

Finally saw the whole thing and not about to read the entire 30-page thread. Anybody else got the Sleepwalker vibe when Billy and Max came to town? I sworn they were some kind of incestuous shape-shifting demons on the run and I was a little upset it turned out the way it did.

i thought he was abusing her and that's why they were on the run.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Are we supposed to like Jonathan and Nancy hooking up? gently caress that loser get back with my boy Steve please

steve can do better.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

If it was done better I could maybe accept it, but they decided to pork because a creepy, drunk conspiracy nut said "You two totally love each other, it's fact" instead of something less...creepy and forced.

it was that they already wanted to bone to the point a guy who just met them picked up on it.

surprised he didn't ask if they wanted some arnie palmies tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_r72qBjT0

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

what the hell is that video? will convulsing is much closer to the thing than it is invasion of the body snatchers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

freaks and geeks didn't get renewed because the ratings were low. it was highly reviewed and a really loving good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the greatest american hero has the most mismatched theme song of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-TqEFYcfM

• Locked thread