Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

I get why people don’t like it too, but the people freaking out about it are missing the point. It’s just a big homage, and falls into the whole “we looked to our favorite sequels for inspiration” that the Duffers talked about. I’m not saying it was excellently executed but it was them doing their best imitation.

No dude it’s YOU who doesn’t get the point. We get the allusion, we hate the execution. The entire execution was poo poo, 8’s actress was crap, and it was all done at once so you have to slog through it rather than bite sized chunks like all the other plots were out through as.

Like others have said, if they had broken it up a bit it would have been much more palatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

JawKnee posted:

One thing that I appreciated a lot in the moment and forgot about subsequently is that Will's family is depicted as financially struggling fairly realistically with Joyce having to work all the time (and Jonathan helping out with the family's finances) at least in S1. I really dislike shows that allow their characters to do whatever they want, completely divorced from how much their actions cost them in a monetary sense, and I feel like the 80's is the last time there were a slew of movies that actually tried to make poverty (or at least working class people's ability to afford things) a visible part of the show.

I never thought of this before, but you're right on all accounts.

• Locked thread