Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Lucas is such a hypocrite, Mike can't bring a genetically enhanced super-soldier into the group but as soon as a cute redhead moves into town...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

I thought the breakout actor of season 1 was Natalia Dyer but this season it is definitely Noah Schnapp.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Lycus posted:

Ep 5 partway: Since Lucas has done absolutely nothing wrong, I'm assuming douchebag step?-brother is a racist.

Yeah the wrong type of people could be loser nerds because he is actually plugged into the school social scene or it could be the more obvious "your father would not react well to bringing a black guy around".

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

A Pale Horse posted:

I agree completely. The whole thing felt weird and out of place. I get they were going for the "multi-ethnic street gang" trope from terrible 80s action movies, but it felt weird and forced and seemed like a cul-de-sac for El plot wise.

The problem with the gang is they were all a hair too quirky like everyone was work-shopping their own off broadway show.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Vermain posted:

I think a big part of the reason episode 7 stands out so forcefully is that it's a massive aesthetic departure from the rest of the show. Stranger Things made itself visually distinct in the first season - and in most of the second season - by fully embracing the Spielbergian 80s in its design and setting conceit. It's small town America, populated by stereotypes (some of which get mercilessly turned on their head), with the undercurrent of something weird hiding just below the squeaky-clean suburbs. Jumping from E.T. to loving CHAPPiE for one episode is jarring, and while that may be part of the point, it was a bridge too far for me.

For me it was the terrible screenplay and unsubtle acting. Like each member of the gang getting their own cool description and having their own streetperson style. Thats how twelve year olds think but not a hardened burglary crew. Kali was pretty cool and I love her looks but the first season was very a very tightly scripted pastiche and they kinda dropped the ball. Mixing genres shouldn't be a problem for the Duffer bros.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Penpal posted:

I don't think the mind flayer has any connection with the powers possessed by human folk. We just have psychics, and they opened a channel they shouldn't have. We've never seen any sort of correlation between the two in the show.

That's what it was. Dr. Brenner forced 11 to remote view and it poked a hole for the demogorgon to invade our universe.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Junkfist posted:

Place your Billy Bets: Gay or Not Gay?

They are queerbaiting the poo poo out of him but why would a gay guy shoot gently caress eyes at Dr. Faye?

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Davros1 posted:

They seemed to imply Billy was hitting Max, so gently caress him.

No he controls her by breaking her things and "breaking" her friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Seeing as you've been arguing the "Billy isn't racist" point a lot, do you have any non-joke answers? What could "certain type of people" mean that is identifiable at first glance and isn't related to race?

He might know that Lucas is "zombie boy's" friend because he is the new king of the school and the protagonists are so notorious in Hawkins.

• Locked thread