Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I do feel like Hopper and 11 just kind of appeared at the bottom of the lab. I get that the other kids were distracting the thing but for a consciousness that's spread over a whole town it's kind of lame that it only ever pays attention to one thing at a time and always sends it's ENTIRE army (except Will I guess) to do things.

Will definitely specifically was controlled by the monster and killed a bunch of people though so I don't know why he said that was missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Onomarchus posted:

He does. He's able to regain enough power or awareness to realize he's been used, spy on what's happening or about to happen, and warn the people he really cares about to go. It doesn't resolve whether he was tricked versus puppeteered, but I admit it could be either. Actually, given his calmness when giving the tip-off, I'm beginning to think he might have been puppeteered directly after all. Huh.

We also get the scene later where he is only able to control a finger to tap out Morse code while the monster controls all of the rest of his body and speech

• Locked thread