Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

EAT THE BANANAS INTRUDER

My wife is eating the banana tonight ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Game 1 was far too tame around here.

I'm happy to announce that playoff posting has finally arrived.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Shinjobi posted:

The Astros are 1-5 in WS games. It only took drat near every miracle possible to get them that one game.

Edit: Christ, what even is math

I guess this means Verlander didn't get another loss :unsmith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Stop posting on the internet and go plow your wife, Intruder

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

GobiasIndustries posted:

Stop posting on the internet and go plow your wife, Intruder

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Popete posted:

Game 1 was far too tame around here.

I'm happy to announce that playoff posting has finally arrived.

I'm hooked on Shadow of War right now, it's negatively impacting my posting. I can slaughter orcs and either post or watch the game. I can't do all three.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Remember, she has to poo poo or it doesn't count

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the remarkable thing was half that game was a pitchers duel and half that game was a dinger war. We got BOTH kinds of awesome games in one game

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
there's no way I could have handled this game if the Jays were in it, rooting for the stros and I was tense enough

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

G-Hawk posted:

the remarkable thing was half that game was a pitchers duel and half that game was a dinger war. We got BOTH kinds of awesome games in one game

Even the pitcher's duel part had dingers. The Dodgers were in position to win that game on two hits.

The second home run off of Verlander was on a good pitch too, just a really nice piece of hitting.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I just want to thank Laz Diaz for that game.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I had to interview for a job I'm not getting and was unable to poo poo post for game 1. I think I'm in a blizzard on game 3 though so poo poo posting full steam ahead

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Pancakes posted:

I'm hooked on Shadow of War right now, it's negatively impacting my posting. I can slaughter orcs and either post or watch the game. I can't do all three.

I'm playing SoW as well but baseball always comes first. Great game though.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Well this is a bit of an ipso facto but that’s definitely best Astros win ever. Other win that comes to mind is 18 inning NLDS win in 2005 and game 6 of the same year I guess

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Is there a post-game interview with motherfucking Justin Verlander anywhere?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Sab0921 posted:

Right now on Fox if you're in Houston

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Sab0921 posted:

Thanks for reminding me that goofy rear end Verlander walked out of the clubhouse in his cutoff dri-fit t shirt to scold the Astros into winning

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

illcendiary posted:

Thanks for reminding me that goofy rear end Verlander walked out of the clubhouse in his cutoff dri-fit t shirt to scold the Astros into winning

Don't you dare call him goofy that's called being a Cool and Good Leader :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope Verlander gets a ring for entirely unselfish reasons

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

illcendiary posted:

Verlander is the tough dad our team needed. Beltran wasn't cutting it.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Verlander is the tough dad our team needed. Beltran wasn't cutting it.

Verlander using white dad love and telling the team he wasn't mad, just disappointed. Beltran using hispanic dad love and hitting them with Chanclas when they do bad poo poo. We need a little of column A and a little of column B.

I do credit Beltran with our ability to hit these 100 mph closers. He brought in the idea of trying to hit the 75mph pitching machine at like 35 feet to simulate facing Chapman et. al

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sab0921 posted:

Verlander using white dad love and telling the team he wasn't mad, just disappointed. Beltran using hispanic dad love and hitting them with Chanclas when they do bad poo poo. We need a little of column A and a little of column B.

I do credit Beltran with our ability to hit these 100 mph closers. He brought in the idea of trying to hit the 75mph pitching machine at like 35 feet to simulate facing Chapman et. al

Oh absolutely, I do think Beltran has been an integral part of this team even if he isn't physically helping much. I kinda hope he stays and coaches in some capacity when he retires.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

illcendiary posted:

I mean seriously that has to be top-10 all time WS games right

I mean, I don't think you can put a game 2 up over any game 7 that was a 1 run victory, ever. Regardless of what happens in that game 2, it could have gone to 50th inning and featured 30 home runs and still, no

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

I mean, I don't think you can put a game 2 up over any game 7 that was a 1 run victory, ever. Regardless of what happens in that game 2, it could have gone to 50th inning and featured 30 home runs and still, no

Game 7 last year, game 6 2011, game 7 1997, game 7 2001, game 7 2014, game 3 2005 (may be equal to this), Game 7 1991 all better, Joe Carter game (1993 Game 6 I think) - there have been a lot of insanely good game 7's. This is also just games I remember watching.

There are obviously games like the Mazeroski home run in 1960, Carlton Fisk waving it fair, the Buckner game that we don't even remember. Baseball is loving awesome and cool.

E: I also bet the Babe Ruth called shot game was cool as gently caress too.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 26, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It loses a bit because it was Game 2 but it was an awesome game and you can make an argument that LA would have gained strong momentum going up 2-0, whether that was shutting down the Astro offense again or winning a dramatic duel. I don't think the situation was near as dire as Astros posters were making it out as, but you don't want to go down 0-2 and winning a game like this should help team morale.

I don't think the Houston mental state is quite as weak as some fans have been painting them. They were shutdown three games in NY and they came alive for 2 games in Houston despite momentum. So I don't think they "needed" this game. But you gotta steal one and there were a lot of mental victories in that game so its still big.

But no, it probably doesn't beat out actual elimination games.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Guys, we loving won a world series game

I'm so happy this morning. And exhausted. But also happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
What a great game. Had to slam the laptop lid and just enjoy it all.

See ya tomorrow night!

• Locked thread