Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Most of America's political prisoners predate the drug war.

give me a list I'm curious now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

give me a list I'm curious now

https://afgj.org/politicalprisonersusa

Note here that a lot of Black Panther members have since been released from prison. Eddie Conway served a full 44 years on trumped up charges of murdering a cop, and has gone back into being an activist in Baltimore.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

evaporated sweat and body odor forms a mist that's impenetrable to cameras

Dreddout posted:

tactically jizzing on the security cameras so i can steal doujins

directed by hideo kojima

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Helsing posted:

Comrade Ja Rule shows us the way

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ja Rule is the greatest revolutionary mind of a generation, dude got the bourg to Gulag themselves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
So it's a given that had the gulags not been in Siberia the conditions would be better than American prisons right

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
depending type of gulag/jail

lots of soviet gulags were for scientists etc which had good conditions, just like how min security prisons in the US are a breeze

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Dreddout posted:

Yeah, except far less ethical

Also drat, you gotta have balls to sell and buy hentai in a glass pyramid where the entire world can see

when I was in japan japanese ppl were very open about buying hentai in stores

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jose posted:

So it's a given that had the gulags not been in Siberia the conditions would be better than American prisons right

I think a lot of the problem was the Slavic brain pan forcing them to build lovely prisons

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Typo posted:

when I was in japan japanese ppl were very open about buying hentai in stores

Of course, the code of Bushido prevents them from torenting hentai

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
it is a well known fact that the slav, as part-oriental, cannot help but have prisons which are by degrees more hellish and more savage than the libertarian prisons of the white race. alternatively, we might say that as the authoritarian soul in whites is but a symptom of prolonged contact with the beastial sorts who we have tried in vain to civilize in china and india, it is in all ways a lesser imitation--no white man could therefore hope to build a prison as fearsome as that of the slav or jappo

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Typo posted:

depending type of gulag/jail

lots of soviet gulags were for scientists etc which had good conditions, just like how min security prisons in the US are a breeze

ya. even in gulags for political prisoners, which don’t pay, you could be alright depending on what kind of previous education and subsequent camp job you got. helps too if your family was well off enough to send packages but lot of it disappears to bribes. cooks and those around them could be ok for obvious reasons, medical jobs, guy who minds packages etc. much better odds of living if your job is not just hard labour. if you were to actually do your full stint of hard labour in something like forestry that doesn’t protect well from the elements, you’d probably die

OldAlias has issued a correction as of 01:56 on Nov 2, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

One of the worst things about American prisons is that many of them aren't properly ventilated and don't have A/C, so a Soviet-Style gulag system would still be bad, because they'd be set up in the sub-tropical or tropical conditions of the Deep South, or Alaska anyway. If America had inherited something like the Russian internal exile system, we'd definitely be sending all of our prisoners to Alaska.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Woozy posted:

it is a well known fact that the slav, as part-oriental, cannot help but have prisons which are by degrees more hellish and more savage than the libertarian prisons of the white race. alternatively, we might say that as the authoritarian soul in whites is but a symptom of prolonged contact with the beastial sorts who we have tried in vain to civilize in china and india, it is in all ways a lesser imitation--no white man could therefore hope to build a prison as fearsome as that of the slav or jappo

communism, in contrast to fascism, only works when it's not done my non-anglos

• Locked thread