Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

g0lbez posted:

How do you use a request ticket? Is it even implemented yet?

You use a request ticket when you want a villager to give you more requests to fulfill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
i hope you all have dumb names so i can tell who to add

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Game is pretty good so far! I'm going through the thread and adding folks, and also here is my code: 48667121891

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I saw him, but is Roscoe in at the moment? He is best horse.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

My wife and I are both having fun. Please add us as friends.

Hekk (me) 7700 0291 239
Lilithania (wife) 8507 7341 005

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
This is me 💀 10576344520

Ebenezer
Mar 21, 2007

Adding my code to the friend train... Nasrik @ 32241087660

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
0291-8563-270

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hope you all like looking at the friends list.

Then hitting the friends name.

Then hitting the 'help out' button.

For every one on the list.

Then clearing out all the kudoses you've received the same way.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

I don't see a help out button. The only way I've given kudos is by visiting their camp and clicking them. Is there a better way?

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Now that it's officially out in America, I can buy cotton using silver nintendo coins. I've been hurting for that.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Does the theme you choose for your place effect anything other than the starting furniture? I chose cool for mine but I kind like the sporty gear more. Will anything be negatively effected if I just only craft sporty items?

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Just picked this up, could use some friends.
Kravdraa:
0353 7066 018

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Server seems to be reeeeally struggling for me right now. 5-15 second load times for everything.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

V for Vegans posted:

Does the theme you choose for your place effect anything other than the starting furniture? I chose cool for mine but I kind like the sporty gear more. Will anything be negatively effected if I just only craft sporty items?

Nope.

overdesigned posted:

Server seems to be reeeeally struggling for me right now. 5-15 second load times for everything.

I’m sure they’re doing something now. Immediately after launch the servers were poo poo but then they must’ve added more capacity because it got much better afterwards. Perhaps they shut off the extra help.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hope someone finds a way to exploit the hell out of this game like we did for New Leaf, but I doubt we'll have any duping sessions getting everyone tens of millions of bells in an hour.

I'm at 3583 6742 399.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pyroclastic posted:

Hope someone finds a way to exploit the hell out of this game like we did for New Leaf, but I doubt we'll have any duping sessions getting everyone tens of millions of bells in an hour.

I'm at 3583 6742 399.

bells rule everything around me
B.R.E.A.M.
catch the money

Wondersmith
Feb 18, 2013
Just started this up. It's been a while since I've played an AC game much.1386-2288-867

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
If you haven’t already done this, make sure you go to More -> My Nintendo and claim the rewards, you get some free Leaf Tickets and can buy some clothes with coins.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Should the first use of leaf tickets be to buy the other crafting spots?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I bought KK's stool first. There's not enough available for me to craft yet to really care about getting more slots.

Where can I connect a Twitter account? I already linked my Nintendo account for the 300 coins, but I'm not seeing anywhere for me to add Twitter for another 300.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Pyroclastic posted:

I bought KK's stool first. There's not enough available for me to craft yet to really care about getting more slots.

Where can I connect a Twitter account? I already linked my Nintendo account for the 300 coins, but I'm not seeing anywhere for me to add Twitter for another 300.

More > Friends > Add Friends > Link an app to find more friends will let you do twitter and facebook.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

overdesigned posted:

More > Friends > Add Friends > Link an app to find more friends will let you do twitter and facebook.

Thanks! Now I'm fully decked out in OK Motors gear.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Richard M Nixon posted:

Should the first use of leaf tickets be to buy the other crafting spots?

No, you're honestly not going to be crafting that many things at once. Unless you're in a real hurry to impress a date on your mondo cool Pocket Camp decorations, you're going to sit there with empty craft spaces doing nothing.

Save your leaf tickets for upgrading amenities if you hit the wall of not enough [cool/sporty/nature/cute] essence. Or for crafting things that require rarer items like preserves or sparkle stones and you don't have enough. This is just my advice from playing since Aussie launch but you can spend your stuff hard and fast if you don't think you'll be playing it for very long.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pyroclastic posted:

I bought KK's stool first.

gross

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Im in at 0168 2159 153

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

First evening with the game has been exactly what I wanted and expected, a chill game to play while relaxing on the couch.

Here's me, in as Vikarou: 9233 2280 174

Protip fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 22, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I decided to buy the extra crafting slots since I had the tickets.

What’s up with the first slot though?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thats for buildings

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
That's for building/upgrading your amenities (the different types of cool/sporty/nature/cute campsites in the back two spaces of your entire campground).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ah ok got it thanks!

Also someone suggests bringing guys that give cotton but which dudes do that? I think that Tex is one right?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://fuckyeah-animalcrossing.tumblr.com/post/167747452726 a good tumbl post.

quote:

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp Tips!
-SAVE YOUR LEAF TICKETS. These are extremely valuable and the hardest currency to get more of. Don’t waste them early on small projects that take minutes; some projects take days and some items are leaf ticket exclusive. Trust me, you can wait the few minutes in the beginning.

-Honey and fish nets aren’t really worth their price. If you look in an area multiple times (leave and come back) you’ll eventually find what you’re looking for. Honey and fish nets are also sometimes given to you as a log-in bonus and that’s really the best way to use them.

-Calling cards and request tickets are extremely useful; they let you do more requests and earn more materials and build affection with the villager you choose.

-If you shake fruit trees and leave the fruit on the ground, the tree can grow more while you leave the extras for when you need them to save on inventory space. They won’t spoil!

-Shaking trees that don’t grow fruit sometimes drops bells!

-Ask your friends to help you in the quarry, don’t use leaf tickets. It’s not worth it. Helping friends get into the quarry (the orange shovel icon next to them, helping is a button tap) earns you bells, so help each other!

-Bells are fairly easy to come by, but don’t waste them all either. I like to keep about 5,000 at all times in case.

-You unlock more villagers as you level up! Currently there are 40 villagers, with more to be added with future updates.

-Villagers affection level is locked at 7 by default, but building amenities that fit the theme they like will increase their max affection up to level 20, at which point you’ll earn their photo.

-Do all of your villagers requests to earn the supplies you need to craft new objects. Each villager gives out different materials, so help all of them to get what you need!

-Talk to your campsite villagers often, they have gifts for you!

-Don’t put rare items in your market box- they’re the least likely to sell. Sell extra regular items instead.

-Don’t worry about your loan from OK Motors too much. The upgrades don’t add huge amounts of space, so take your time.

-Remember this is a mobile game, and it’s not meant to be played 24/7. This is an app, and it’s not supposed to be played like a regular animal crossing game (playing for longer periods of time). Check in a few times a day and have fun!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

This game is cute, but runs surprisingly janky. I thought it was a lack of optimization for iPhone X (despite filling the notch) but my roommate's iPhone 7 runs it with the exact same frame dropping jank. I spent a pity dollar on Tom Nook Bucks or whatever because it feels good to support this game and for a dollar why not!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

enojy posted:

This game is cute, but runs surprisingly janky. I thought it was a lack of optimization for iPhone X (despite filling the notch) but my roommate's iPhone 7 runs it with the exact same frame dropping jank. I spent a pity dollar on Tom Nook Bucks or whatever because it feels good to support this game and for a dollar why not!

Did you turn on power saving?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Synthbuttrange posted:

Did you turn on power saving?

Nope! Should I? Does that improve it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hm, no I just wanted to make sure. fyi I was playing it on an iphone5s and is buttery smooth without power save, with it there seems to be throttling and frames dropped.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How often does the clothing stuff rotate on the marketplace? I want a nice hat but I keep getting boring shirts and shoes

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Friend code:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You have several types.

The stall on the left stocks in mixed groups (not always containing every type)
-face/headwear
-shirts/dresses/skirts
-socks/shoes

that rotate every... 6/8 hours I'd say?

the one on the right keeps stocking propane canisters for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Kinda weird they keep calling them animals